MightyJordan's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Has anyone tried to open up Shazam on a device and play the notes to the app.
    I'm giving it a try with SoundHound right now; AFAIK, Shazam only works with the original recordings, so it probably wouldn't bring up any results.

Looks like it might be Hold On Loosely by .38 Special to me. Hope I'm right.

Uncle Dead1y's Avatar Member
    More Rock Royalty maybe??? I am saying this is Queen, 'Somebody to Love'.
    I hope I'm right.

MightyJordan's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by MightyJordan Go to original post
    I'm giving it a try with SoundHound right now; AFAIK, Shazam only works with the original recordings, so it probably wouldn't bring up any results.
    OK, a couple of attempts later and nothing close. SoundHound brought up three songs: "Don't Panic" by Coldplay (not that), "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim (definitely not that), and "Arrebato" by 2 Minutes (which I've never listened to).

If you look at this tab: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/0-9...y_ver5_tab.htm

Right under the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah lyrics would be the spot in question. The only difference is the RS chart goes to 5 and 4 on the B string instead of 9 and 8 on G. General phrase structure looks about right to me too.

Uncle Dead1y's Avatar Member
    yeah i got my guitar out and played it. I am almost certain I am right.
    I bet that means I am wrong...

Originally Posted by monkeystone7 Go to original post
    More Rock Royalty maybe??? I am saying this is Queen, 'Somebody to Love'.
    I hope I'm right.
    Unless they put a bunch of piano in the chart, Somebody to Love would be far more sparse section wise on guitar. Look at the Rock Band charts for the initial release (which included piano on guitar) and the RB3 Version (also the chart used in RB4) which is purely guitar and pretty sparse.

Don't forget to factor in the difficulty rectangles at the top everyone. There's no way that can be Somebody to Love unless they charted vocals, and I'm not sure but I don't think it matches up with Hold on Loosely. either.

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    I wish Dan could say what genre or tuning this is so things could be easier.

RollingStone222's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by SH-elx Go to original post
    If you look at this tab: https://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/0-9...y_ver5_tab.htm

Right under the Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah lyrics would be the spot in question. The only difference is the RS chart goes to 5 and 4 on the B string instead of 9 and 8 on G. General phrase structure looks about right to me too.
    I think (and hope) you're right. It fits perfectly. Well done.

Edit: Gave it a few listens and it sounds spot on. relevant part is at about 3:03 in the song