View Poll Results: Which was your favorite revolution?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • American Revolution (AC3)

10 41.67%
  • French Revolution (ACU)

7 29.17%
  • Industrial Revolution (ACS)

13 54.17%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    SpiritOfNevaeh's Avatar Senior Member

Which Revolutionary period is your favorite?

So far, we've had 3 major games with 3 major revolutionary periods in history.

American

French

Industrial

Which one is your favorite based on: gameplay, story, content and/or open world experience.

I was gonna do this as one choice only but that sounds like it might be hard to choose if you have more than one ;P

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Industrial, definitely.

Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Story - American
    Gameplay - French
    Open-world/Content - Industrial

itsamea-mario's Avatar Senior Member
    Dance Dance.

Revolution is more a political thing. The industrial revolution was more a phrase. And I don't think syndicate dealt with the industrial revolution as anything more than wallpaper.

Anyway I think AC3 was the only game that really tried to give some complexity to revolutionary movements in story and style. Not perfectly done but it tried.

Unity ideally should have been better because it was the biggest most complex revolution in world history but they gave us a rancid piece of crypto fascist nonsense instead.

Sorrosyss's Avatar Senior Member
    Russian. Oh wait, that's next month.

Of those three, prolly the American. It's really going to come down to which of the three games you enjoyed most, and its AC3 out of them for me. I miss exploring the frontier, and the varied locations.

I think thematically too the American one really tore things up politically between them and Britain. As a UK citizen, I found it all quite fascinating to experience. By token, the Industrial Revolution had the least impact on me, perhaps because so much of London looks the same as it once did, even today as I walk around it.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    Anyway I think AC3 was the only game that really tried to give some complexity to revolutionary movements in story and style. Not perfectly done but it tried.

Agreed. Syndicate and Unity's revolutions (while drastically different to begin with) were nothing more than a backdrop for their stories. ACIII actually dealt with pretty close up with the revolution. As VL4 says, while it was far from perfect, it actually captured some pretty decent moments here and there.

Story - French ACU
    Gameplay - French ACU
    Content and open world xp - French ACU

you can also see how ACU has better lightening and graphics than ACS in pictures submitted by OP .

HDinHB's Avatar Senior Member
    You forgot the Renaissance, which is at least as much a revolution as the Industrial one.

It is not fair to compare the Industrial revolution to the other two.The only hing they share is the word itself.It would be cooler if we compared:

French vs American (French IMO was portrayed much better)
    and
    Industrial vs Renaissance(It's tie IMO.The industrial is obviously much better aesthetically,but AC2 is a much older game)