AC Syndicate lost saves

Hi, a couple days ago I got on my computer to play AC Syndicate and it said Uplay cloud failed to sync. I thought this was odd but I pressed skip thinking it would just use my local saves but when the game started up I realized it had 0% of my save and it had started completely over. Shouldn't there be local saves so I can play offline? And since this happened is there anyway to get my saved game back I was almost a level 10 and losing the saved game would ruin the game for me? Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there any way to fix it I really want to play the game but its not worth starting over.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by A_Monotone_Man Go to original post
    Hi, a couple days ago I got on my computer to play AC Syndicate and it said Uplay cloud failed to sync. I thought this was odd but I pressed skip thinking it would just use my local saves but when the game started up I realized it had 0% of my save and it had started completely over. Shouldn't there be local saves so I can play offline? And since this happened is there anyway to get my saved game back I was almost a level 10 and losing the saved game would ruin the game for me? Has this happened to anyone else and if so is there any way to fix it I really want to play the game but its not worth starting over.
    Same thing happened to me today. Still looking for a solution. I thought we already went past the age of corrupted saves and whatnot. I was considering to get the DLC too.

Looking around the internet, I found out that pirated version of the game have the option to just import saves from others to recover lost progress. Is there something like that with legit version of the game? Please tell me you guys have a similar fix or workaround since legit version is supposed to be superior.

I'm playing the Uplay version and not Steam.

UbiFancy's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    Hello and welcome to the forums! My apologies that your AC Syndicate saves have been lost. If you haven't yet, please create a ticket with Ubisoft support.

support.ubi.com

Hey guys,

same thing for me yesterday, i just lost nearly 50h ingame and wanna cry ... I think that's related to a bug that happened yesterday with Ubi & AC for a couple hours, I also had to renew the link between Steam & Uplay, wich wasn't able to connect ....

I already created a ticket with Ubi support, but don't expect much from them, they never could help me with previous issues, as we say in french it's like "pisser dans un violon" ...

After reading posts here and there, seems that lots of people just deactivate ubi cloud because of these kind of issues , and make their own backups ....

oh, and don't expect much from those pirated saves, they'll never work on your legit game, our saves are encrypted with some personnal code

It's so sad that a tool (ubi cloud sync) that is meant to prevent that kind of desasters creates them in the end, and that its own creator seems to don't give a ...

let me know if anyone have some solution ?

-_-

just had an answer from Ubi (in french) let me translate it :

"we're sorry, you seem to be the only one so we think it comes from your side, try to restore your windows session, the savegame in our cloud is the same, we don't do backups".

One more question to consumer support : one more EPIC FAIL.

Ubi Support : USELESS.

DEACTIVATE CLOUD SYNCHRONISATION FOR YOUR SAVEGAMES AND MAKE BACKUPS FROM YOUR OWN !!!!!

Fixed

I fixed it after a long searching online and trial
    because i really want to play offline without start from beginning again and again :

1. Open Uplay (must online)
    2. Login
    3. Select top left option > Settings > Network > Check "Always start uplay in offline mode"
    4. Select top left option > Go offline (uplay will restart, you have to stay online at this step)

when uplay completely restart and go offline, you can play offline properly
    hope it solve your problem