🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Wild Wild West

Someone probably mentioned it, but it can never hurt to throw out an idea again: The Wild West. My vision: Player starts somewhere in the East- St. Louis, perhaps? Anyhow, after being forced to go west, the Assassin finds himself battling his way towards California, battling corrupt lawmen (Templars), gaining the support of Indian tribes, fighting with other regional forces to bring down a Templar Order that is capitalising on and perpetuating itself within a new Frontier. Side missions- Pony Express interception- player intercepts vital Templar communications via Pony Express? Also, one could borrow the economic zone layout from Rogue and apply that to homesteading- same concept, different skin. The one thing I would miss is the naval gameplay. Map would cover everything west of the Mississippi-some gamifiication may be necessary. Similar to the naval convoys, one could set up the player to raid wagon trains rich in resources. The tools- everything is permitted- Sears-Roebuck made their catalog debut in that time frame, allowing for technology to go west with the Railroad- but a hidden blade and a Colt .45 work too. Maybe that could be part of the storyline- the player aiding Colt and Winchester to figure out the repeating firearms, or bringing back the Air Rifle and grenade launcher. Ultimate Vision: A Leap of Faith in Monument Valley after retrieving an Animus Fragment. That leaves the present day story- Being on Xbox 360, I go only as far as AC Rogue, user input required for this one. But the Abstergo Project ideas are limitless- one could go to Sample 17 (again), and use Connor Kenway's mother as a source, and follow that side, or maybe a desendent of a wild-west character. No clue. If possible, I'd like to see this use AnvilNext so it could be put out on Xbox 360 and PS3- I feel like UbiSoft left a lot of people when the jump was made to exclusively Xbox One and PS4.

Thanks for reading, hope this may go far someday.
    -ZP

Abraham Lincoln as a Templar!

Originally Posted by Namikaze_17 Go to original post
    In no particular order:

• Civil War ( Less the "guns & blazing!" civil war; but more one that goes more into the social, political, and ethical changes that the war brought and how America as a country changed.)

• Hundred Years War

• Wild West ( More so in a densely populated city like San Francisco during the California Gold Rush; you know, something that's more "true" to AC I suppose rather than horses, settlements, cowboys, and other cliches that are quote and quote "bad".)

• Viking Era ( Think of it like a mixture between AC3 & AC4; from sailing ( though on a smaller scale), wilderness, small yet established and populated villages, and distinct issues between many, many clans over land; etc.)

•20th Century ( I was thinking like a transition between the 1920 & 1930's in America; the turn from the "greatest place on earth" to the Great Depression; the economic & ethnical changes in pretty much everything. If not America, then something in Shanghai would be cool too like that comic.)

Not exactly the most popular or first-round picks of the bunch, but one can dream.
    Expanding on the Civil War idea, just to throw this out there: What if the Civil War was a battle of Assassins and Templars? Obviously, this could be used to tie in with States' Rights and the whole shebang. Templar North vs Assasssin South- follows the lines of their goals, right? Run the same lines as the "King Washington" DLC for AC3 and boom theres your basic storyline for Lincoln. Maybe it'd be great as a standalone adaptation, similar to the way Liberation was intended, but starting on a console.
    Just a thought.
    -ZP

I think Egypt is the most likely candidate for a future game. It's been hinted at for quite a while. Assassin's Creed 3 mentions egypt, Unity mentions cairo, syndicate, and Rogue both name drop egypt, and I believe Brotherhood and Revelations may have also name dropped egypt. The devs like to leave hints about future titles a lot, so after all these games referencing it, I wouldn't be surprised.

Beyond that:
    - Vikings - some subtle hints in rogue. Maybe nothing will come of it
    - Dynastic China - plenty of dynasties to choose from.
    - Civil War - Syndicate takes place several years later, so it's not impossible
    - War of 1812 - See what happens to Shay, Connor, and Connor's children. I know there was some Abstergo info that said Connor married a blonde who left him and he died years later alone, but I don't know how true that is.
    - Napoleonic Wars - I'm actually expecting to see Arno in these in rifts in the egypt game.
    - Wild West - least likely. AC3 was widely criticized for it's lack of buildings in cities, so I can't imagine Austin or maybe even as far north as deadwood.Alternatively, the Mexican-American war, mexican war of independence from France in the 1860s, Mexican revolutions, etc.
    - End of the Edo period in Japan - one of the most interesting and better known periods. A clash of cultures provides and interesting background for sure.
    - Ancient Greece - I would love to see ancient Greece, possibly while the Persian Empire was invading. I think Empire will be about Darius (who assassinated Xerxes with the first hidden blade) who helps lead the Egyptian revolutions against the Persian Empire, and will eventually Travel to Greece and kill Xerxes.
    - Ancient Rome - Might be interesting to see Caesar, Brutus, and maybe tie in to Cleopatra, Marc Antony, etc.
    - Pre-Colonization Central America - Plenty of cultures, fighting, and history to draw on. I think there's enough wiggle room to make your own too.
    - Iberian Peninsula - definitely an interesting area. Home of the inquisition (the movie), plenty of massive, beautiful architecture, plenty of history.
    - Germany - I have a feeling we'll see germany in some way, but probably not during WW1 or WW2. Again, maybe rifts for those.

I excluded British Raj, Russian Revolution, and Hundred years war because two of them were featured extensively in comics and in the chronicles games, and the Hundred Years War was shown in Unity with the memory rifts.
    WW2, vietnam, and korean wars are all too recent for Ubisoft to go. Generally they like to do similar areas in a single engine to reuse as many assets as possible. I can see older parts of Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea, etc. being among a series of games that's in the far east.

Megas_Doux's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sigma 1313 Go to original post

- Wild West - least likely. AC3 was widely criticized for it's lack of buildings in cities, so I can't imagine Austin or maybe even as far north as deadwood.Alternatively, the Mexican-American war, mexican war of independence from France in the 1860s, Mexican revolutions, etc.

San Francisco during the late XIX century is a decent location for the usual AC urban gameplay:

Still one of the LAST choices that I would make, though.

Now into the ones I WOULD:

1) Ancient Mesopotamia: Sumer/Assyria/Babylon. My impossible hope for this franchise, my wildest of dreams.
    2) British Raj: I loved the carriages, trains and the whole XIX century breath of fresh air brought by Syndicate. I would love it more if you add the 'exotic' -for me at least- vibe of India. You know, its ancient Ruins and jungles. Which reminds of how much I missed having Stonehenge as the final location for the game and also more places other than London.
    3) Hundred Years' War: Unity's prologue and the medieval rift are some of my favorite bits of atmosphere in the franchise. A full game like it ???? YES!!!!!!
    4) First/second Barons War: Same as above!!!!
    5 China, as simple as that: To me it doesn't matter whether is set during the days or Qin Shi, subsequent dynasties or as late in time as the Boxers. Many claim Japan as the best thing ever "cause ninjas". Well, I prefer China, a thousand times. I mean, looks at these guys:

AC written all over it!!!!!!!

Namikaze_17's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ZAKKYPLAGUE Go to original post
    Expanding on the Civil War idea, just to throw this out there: What if the Civil War was a battle of Assassins and Templars?
    Well that's a given. Lots of wars, figures, or anything from any period are meant to symbolize the two groups from a philosophical context.

Obviously, this could be used to tie in with States' Rights and the whole shebang. Templar North vs Assasssin South-
    I'm interested. More so your proposition on how the Templars would be on the north, along with the Assassins on the south, or vice versa?

My history from studying the period's a bit sketchy, but I understand that one of the reasons for the war was the south wanting succession to practice certain beliefs ( slavery, etc.) independently. Now on one hand I could see the Assassins possibly agreeing to the South's desire for freedom from the North, but for them to commit said practices? That's where it gets complicated... it would go against their core beliefs ("freedom for all with responsibility", yada yada); if anything, they would mostly side with the North for the sake of keeping the country together or even stay out of the conflict altogether to get rid of the Templars. As for the Templars, if they think similar to Laureano Torres, would be against the South's beliefs as well, but could just "back" them and simply use the war to further their own goals like the Colonial rite back in the day. *inb4 AC3 re-hash comments*

P.S. I wouldn't really know about Templar Lincoln in all honesty... if anything I think the guy who killed him was a Templar himself.

"Lincoln was shot by Templar-affiliate John Wilkes Booth on 14 April 1865, and died the next morning. After his assassination, Booth was hunted down and killed by the Assassins."

By all means he could be one, I suppose. But for the sake of speculation, I'd say he's neutral - a regular Joe.

I-Like-Pie45's Avatar Senior Member
    because upholding an institute of slavery is really something assassins would support

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    Assassins have been on the 'wrong' side before now. And bear in mind Lincoln went to war to stop the Southern States declaring independence, rather than to stop slavery...

Civil War Details

Originally Posted by Namikaze_17 Go to original post
    Well that's a given. Lots of wars, figures, or anything from any period are meant to symbolize the two groups from a philosophical context.

I'm interested. More so your proposition on how the Templars would be on the north, along with the Assassins on the south, or vice versa?
    Yes, the sticky part is the fact that the South practiced slavery. This is probably the number One reason this idea will never see the light of day. However, to play devils advocate on how to get around that: Maybe not an Assassin-supported South, but rather an Assassin-influenced one. Obviously, we cannot have an Assassin flying the Confederate Stars and Bars- good Lord imagine the PR Hell that would ensue. However, from a historical standpoint, it could be experimented with. At the war's outbreak, Lincoln EXPRESSLY stated that the war was not going to be fought over slavery. However, in 1963, he issued the Emancipation Proclamation. Everybody believes that with this Lincoln freed the slaves. That is historically inaccurate. The Emancipation Proclamtion was a tool, accomplishing three tasks: it forced the European powers who may have supported the South out, denying the Confederates any hope of victory via outside interference, it attacked their economy by eliminating trading with European nations, and threw a wrench into the Southern labour pool. Also, keep in mind, it did not free the slaves in Union states such as Maryland or Kentucky, and was specifically worded to only apply to states deemed "in Rebellion." Slavery was not abolished until the passage of the 13th Amendment. Following the Templar North proposition: What was the Northern endgame? Supremecy of central power over that of state (individual) power. Sounds like a Templar kinda thing, right? Now if you paint Lincoln in the same fashion as King Washington in AC III, you now have your major antogonist. To quote John Wilkes Booth: "Sic Semper Tyrannus"- in English, "Death to Tyrants." Isnt that the main goal of the Assassins? To eliminate Tyranny?
    Also: how do we fit a Piece of Eden in here? Potentially that that is what the armies are fighting for? Fghting to recover the piece? Southern Assassin spying on Norther leaders and influencing Southern Generals to move armies to collect them/it?
    Thoughts? Anything I left out?

Sidebar: How many games are drawn off of ideas in these forums, do you think?
    Edit: Slavery solution: Maybe eliminating the Southern Assassin concept. Have a Northern Assassin,but retain the Templar Lincoln idea.... You could use the Economic Zone (Gang HQ) system from Rogue, using the Northen Factories (similar to what I've seen of Syndicate) - hunting down corrupt (Templar) Factory chiefs, etc etc etc.... to tie in a bit of Naval gameplay, you could throw in the Battle of the Chesapeake Bay- the Monitor and the Merrimac. Let me know of anything that needs shoring up, or any expansions on these points.
    -ZP-

The "Wrong" Side

Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    Assassins have been on the 'wrong' side before now. And bear in mind Lincoln went to war to stop the Southern States declaring independence, rather than to stop slavery...
    I get that, that the Assassins may not have been on the winning side or that their allies or beneficiaries may not have maintained the best morals, values(EDWARD KENWAY)... but honestly? Over something as big as slavery, with the country (USA) as touchy-feely as it is today, it'd be a hard sell

I still think Croatia is the best choice for next AC game.