Kwiatos's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm still confused how testers check basic performance (max speed, climb rate) of planes in FB. Why after so many patches we still have bugs in game which are very basic bugs easy to check. For example i flow yesterday in Dogfight A6m2 Zeke agaist P-40, I wonder why my Zake is so slow and hadn't much better climb rate. I checked different sources and made some test in FB. I was very very dissapointet.
    A6m2 in game reach only 478 km/h at 4,5km!!!
    In many sources we have that A6m2 had 316 mph (288kt) - 509 km/h (some source even 331mph - 532km/h) max speed with initial amazing climb rate 4500 ft/min!!!. Even A6m1 was faster then A6m2 in FB.
    Why after such long time any testers no see these????? Why we still have basic bugs.

Other example. Spitfire MK IX. In FB SPitfire reach 700km/h !!!! when real maximum speed Spitfire IX was 668km/h!!!!! I knew these before patch 2.04 and i read on these forum that these bug was raported by comunity. And so? After patch 2.04 where in readme is FM of SPitfire MKIX was corected we have still THE SAME BUG.

[This message was edited by Kwiatos on Tue August 24 2004 at 08:11 AM.]

I'm still confused how testers check basic performance (max speed, climb rate) of planes in FB. Why after so many patches we still have bugs in game which are very basic bugs easy to check. For example i flow yesterday in Dogfight A6m2 Zeke agaist P-40, I wonder why my Zake is so slow and hadn't much better climb rate. I checked different sources and made some test in FB. I was very very dissapointet.
    A6m2 in game reach only 478 km/h at 4,5km!!!
    In many sources we have that A6m2 had 316 mph (288kt) - 509 km/h (some source even 331mph - 532km/h) max speed with initial amazing climb rate 4500 ft/min!!!. Even A6m1 was faster then A6m2 in FB.
    Why after such long time any testers no see these????? Why we still have basic bugs.

Other example. Spitfire MK IX. In FB SPitfire reach 700km/h !!!! when real maximum speed Spitfire IX was 668km/h!!!!! I knew these before patch 2.04 and i read on these forum that these bug was raported by comunity. And so? After patch 2.04 where in readme is FM of SPitfire MKIX was corected we have still THE SAME BUG.

[This message was edited by Kwiatos on Tue August 24 2004 at 08:11 AM.]

Future-'s Avatar Senior Member
    First of all, the things you mention are not "bugs". Per definiton, a bug is an error in a programm that shouldn't be there, an error that is caused accidently.

However, the flight models of the planes in the game are not an accident, they were meant to be the way they are.

Now, about your observations: I also noticed that some planes perform slightly better/worse than their real-life counterparts. The exact reason for this is unknown to me, but then again, overall the FMs are well met. Not perfect, but good enough.

Long story short: if you're such an expert, I recommend you try to become a beta tester for Oleg, and see how far you can get with your opinion. If anything will be changed, it's - as always - up to Oleg to decide.

Ah, and another thing: beta testing isn't just there so some flyboy can get the FM of his dreams for "his" planes. Beta testing also checks for bugs, "balancing" problems etc..

End of story.

- Future

Commanding Officer of the 530th Bomb Squad
    380th Bomb Group 5th AF USAAF

Visit us at http://www.310thvfs.com , home of the 310th FS and the 380th BG

p1ngu666's Avatar Senior Member
    robban75 (i think) does some good tests, no reason why u shouldnt either
    but ya the zero is too slow, been mentioned before..

<123_GWood_JG123> NO SPAM!

Sry Future if you think that i feel my favorite plane is too bad or sth so im crying here. I fly many planes i like all them and i have a few my favourites plane to fly from different country. I like flying Fw190 the same like flying Spitfire , i often fly Bf 109 like P-51. But im very disapointet when i found than some plane is wrong modelled in evenen basic performance like max speed, climb rate - thing which are very easy to check. As i think every tester have a some plane to check. If we speak about FM tester should check firstly such basic things like maximum speed, climb rate, turn rate etc. Dont speak about more detalied things like dive acceleration, zoom climb, energy bleeding etc. What could i feel when i found that these basic things are wrong, unchecked and not fixed by such long time?????
    I fly in Polish SQN 303 which historically flew Hurricane and SPitfire in WW2. We fly in VWF in Spitfires and other allied planes. When i found thah Spitfire MKIX is too fast at high alt i posted about it in these forum because i dont like flying overmodelled plane!!!! The same situation was when i found that P-51 is overmodelled in my opinion in slow speed dogfight, when i found that Spitfire MKV 1941 and CW 1943 are overmodelled in climb rate at high alt ETC. I dont like flying overmodelled planes because i feel that isn't right. I thinik that many people here need maximum possible realism in these game. Im not somesidewhiner. When i found sth wrong with anyside plane i always post here about it.

[This message was edited by Kwiatos on Tue August 24 2004 at 09:39 AM.]

Hmm Pacific Fighters is close. I though that before relase PF FB/AEP will be good preparet for it with clarify and stable FM/DM. A6M2 is one of basic fighter in these theathre and now before PF have wrong modelled performance.Probaly A6m5 have similar situation if we speak about max speed. I wonder if FB/AEP (PF) is still simulator or became more arcadish game for all.
    Why testers dont see such basic things???

F19_Ob's Avatar Senior Member
    Its very difficult to say that something is wrong with the performance in FB.
    Many pilots and real testpilots generally mean that there is a difference between factory specs and testcondition specs and the actual performance during combatconditions.
    So its unlikely we will have a definitive answer to the performance issue.
    Im atlest confident in that the Madox crew know more than I do in these matters.

cheers

Well, they could release a patch every 5 years to give them time to fix every minute detail.

Or you could get a patch every so often with lesser expectations?

Which one you like?

S!
    609IAP_Recon

Full Real Virtual Online War: Forgotten Skies

[This message was edited by 609IAP_Recon on Tue August 24 2004 at 11:24 AM.]

Why do you think the problem is the testers?
    Why do people automatically assume that the "leaks" also come from testers - it sure does not sound like a pleasant/grateful job that testing...

Willey's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Future-:
    Long story short: if you're such an expert, I recommend you try to become a beta tester for Oleg, and see how far you can get with your opinion. If anything will be changed, it's - as always - up to Oleg to decide.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Better replace that Oleg with Ubi...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Ah, and another thing: beta testing isn't just there so some flyboy can get the FM of his dreams for "his" planes. Beta testing also checks for bugs, "balancing" problems etc..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, "balacing" problems... that exactly is what a simulation beta tester should *not* do. But looks like they did... but I bet it's in Ubi's and not in Oleg's favor.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►