more limited climbing abilities that mean you have to plan your escape routes better, and also mean that designers can create obstacles for the player with less contrivance. Like, I'm talking about it being very clear to the player from looking at a surface if they can climb it or not, and for that visual language to be super important to the gameplay. Because right now there seem to be basically no rules for climbing except "you can climb everything except when you can't for no reason"

m4r-k7's Avatar Senior Member
    The way they introduced the rope launcher was so ridiculous if they want to put it in every game from now on. For example, if it was a feature that was now going to be present, surely they would have introduced it in a way that gives it some historical context such as a first civ document or invention Da Vinci invented rather than it being the grapple part of a (somehow 19th century Batman) grapple gun that was just disassembled and somehow attached to the hidden blade gauntlet! If they go back in time, how will they explain it?

It is only needed for a city like London with large streets. If we go back to cities like the ones in AC 1 (which I really really really want) it won't be needed.

Climbing and free running needs to be made smoother and less sticky.

raytrek79's Avatar Member
    There are a lot of things I'd like to see such as not being allowed to kill cops, as we have seen in some missions, the blue combatants should basically be good guys who will attack you if you do something hostile but like how killing civilians threatens desynchrinisation "Assassin's didn't kill civilians" cops or blue soldiers should be the same, but with an option to take them down with non lethal actions.

Second is when you do high profile anti social actions, like killing reds, looting them and looting chests, civilian witnesses yell "Thief" or "Murder" cops actually respond and come running to the scene, just so it shuts down your ability to be too exposed to the public. The Creed after all is about hiding in plain sight and not drawing attention, the fact you can basically wreak havoc in broad daylight on a crowded street and hang about afterwards to raid corpses is a bit defiant of sense.

You could add that when you flee a scene the witnesses point in the direction they seen you go and cops head that way to investigate.

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    Dual/multiple protagonists- If the series does this again (and I hope they do), I'd much prefer to switch protagonists on the fly rather through a menu, and I'd also like to see many more missions where both protagonists are needed and able to be uses. Perhaps (and it truly pains me to say this) Ubisoft could look to GTA V for inspiration on this.

Timeshifts- Kind of like a mixture between the rifts and dual protagonists, this idea draws inspiration from the original intent that Unity was supposed to feature Assassins throughout many eras of Paris's history. We could see a non-linear story, continually jumping between protagonists during different times, and sometimes the actions of one Assassin in the past were necessary for a future one's success. I'd like to shift between Assassins on the fly, both in missions when relevant and in free roam at will.

For instance (and this is certainly not canon)- Assassin A in 1936 travels to the construction site of the Taj Mahal, and stealth kills some Templars there. Assassin B in the late 1860s near the beginning of the Raj, leads a small group of protesters near the site. The protesters create a diversion, as Assassin B sneaks into the monument. Shift to Assassin C in 1643, at the Taj Mahal during its construction, sneaking onto the site to try to hide an Apple of Eden in the Taj Mahal. Shift back to the 1860s, where Assassin B grabs the Apple, but drops it into a crack in the floor while trying to escape. Shift now to Assassin D in 458 B.C., who discovers an ancient temple to Juno in a cave beneath the area that would eventually house the Taj Mahal (given the culture that he comes from, he'd attribute a different name to Juno- perhaps Lakshmi). Now, shift back to Assassin C, who discovers markings left by Assassin D indicating the location of the Temple- shift to Assassin A, who discovers memoirs from Assassin C about the temple as well, then proceeds to go down and retrieve the POE that B dropped down there over half a century earlier.

Obviously, it could get confusing, but it would be so cool seeing how the Assassins actions affect the course of history over time in a nonlinear format like this.
    If you want to look at multiple protags, it makes me think of Revelations where you recruit and assign them to lead a Den. You could have an Assassin per borough, they could cross into other jurisdictions but with some kind of disadvantage where working in their own borough provides them something special.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Originally Posted by raytrek79 Go to original post
    If you want to look at multiple protags, it makes me think of Revelations where you recruit and assign them to lead a Den. You could have an Assassin per borough, they could cross into other jurisdictions but with some kind of disadvantage where working in their own borough provides them something special.
    That could be an interesting idea!

Originally Posted by m4r-k7 Go to original post
    The way they introduced the rope launcher was so ridiculous if they want to put it in every game from now on. For example, if it was a feature that was now going to be present, surely they would have introduced it in a way that gives it some historical context such as a first civ document or invention Da Vinci invented rather than it being the grapple part of a (somehow 19th century Batman) grapple gun that was just disassembled and somehow attached to the hidden blade gauntlet! If they go back in time, how will they explain it?

It is only needed for a city like London with large streets. If we go back to cities like the ones in AC 1 (which I really really really want) it won't be needed.

Climbing and free running needs to be made smoother and less sticky.
    The grapple very much speeds the game up, with other games in the series I don't think there was more content so much as fulfilling it took longer. We seen the parachute for Ezio which made huge difference but has since been forgotten to history. The grapple wouldn't necessarily need to be as high tech as the Syndicate version if they want to take the idea back in time, a similar result could come from a modified crossbow or they could even introduce a first civilization device.

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    That could be an interesting idea!
    I think that time shift idea is awesome. I remember playing a game called Soul Reaver, Legacy of Kain, it had a feature where you could be a physical being or spectral, the world would change depending on what state you were in add you could access places not possible in the other state. The idea of drawing on information from different eras to assist exploration would be meta fourth wall. The thing about reliving memories of ancestors is you do things they probably didn't, like collecting helix glitches, assassinating some random roof guard, walking up every alleyway in the city, etc. you could feasibly explore things they didn't, or know to look places they couldn't know to look. The way the "Gift" Eagle Vision may work is subconsciously it still sees things they didn't notice themselves even though it imprinted on their genetic memory. Humans do absorb heaps of information but our brains dismiss most of it, we only keep what we focus on, but apparently hypnosis can make you see things you didn't notice.

Sesheenku's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by crusader_prophet Go to original post
    AC franchise is the easiest action game out there, and you want to nerf it? When did you die in Unity in seconds? You could easily dodge the bullets even with HUD off. No NERFING! The only place where I have faced challenge in AC franchise ever were the two final legendary ship battles in AC Black Flag and AC Rogue. I think that is what each mini boss or templar should be like but not necessarily just brute force but combine all skills of player into one path towards assassination. If you played the recent Destiny raids you would know.
    Yes I want to nerf being shot and being able to do nothing about it.

Dear keep it down I can rape DMC and harder crap. Didn't you just suggest AC take something from that mediocre wannabe FPS MMO Destiny? Oh my...

There's hard and then there's BS. Getting shot and having no defense is BS when it takes 25% of your health. If I want to play frustrating I'll play any DMC without jump cancelling.

Get your pretentious lying *** outta here. If you don't see the red mark and they're off screen it's literally impossible to dodge unless you're a mutant and you can see past the screen. You sound like a 12 year old trying to sound superior but you just ended up sounding pathetic.

LOL The ships were challenging for you? Just quit playing games. All you had to do was maneuver properly and shred the damn thing at the appropriate "equipment level" for the ship.

I don't play Destiny, they're total noobs at making an MMO experience. It's average at best and being average is the greatest disgrace of all. Assassins Creed has also been disgracefully average at times.

Try not to talk down to me, if you think Destiny is worthy of any praise then you don't have the right.

Bungie is just another ****** triple A company that makes average experiences ignoring the far better total experiences or at least ideas that have come before them cause their heads fatter than a whale, their existence disgusts me and it further disgusts me my fellow human beings could call their games more than average. Ugh just puked in my mouth a little bit.

Play a wider scope of MMO's and then MAYBE you'll be on my level and you'll be able to talk to me about MMO's whether they be online console FPS ordeals or one of the other various sub genres of MMO's.

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sesheenku Go to original post

There's hard and then there's BS. Getting shot and having no defense is BS when it takes 25% of your health. If I want to play frustrating I'll play any DMC without jump cancelling.
    It's fair enough to have situations that are impossible in order to turn the situation into a problem-solving one. Okay, you got shot by someone you couldn't see, so where were they? Who else is in a similar position? That's a normal thing for games, and it's not BS (no more than an ability to dodge bullets would be BS).

As far as things from previous installments that should return (but better)

- Investigations, along with an option to overlay what you've gleaned on your map (something AC1 seriously needed).

- A notoriety system, revamped as more of reputation system with perks and drawbacks depending on whether you want to be feared/notorious or totally unknown.

- Bomb crafting. Setting traps and ambushes in general should really be a bigger feature of the games.

- A Persona System like in Liberation, absolutely.

- Interrogating.

Other things I wouldn't mind...

- All assassinations should be high profile by default with silent, covert kills being something more difficult to execute and requiring a bit of careful timing and precision on your part.

- Throwing a knife should work like firing a swivel shot in AC3. It's quick and easy but gets harder the further away your target is.

- Eagle vision should inform you who's a threat and who isn't. That doesn't necessarily mean all guards are your enemy, or that some civilians won't get hostile.

- Managing your weapons inventory. You shouldn't be able to carry every weapon you own all at once.