Hi Epi,

Can you reconsider voting spawn locations for casual? After all the survey you showed does indicate 90% would like to keep it. Its the feature players rank most wanting to keep. We even had a thread the other week wanting to keep the attacker and defenders spawn vote. Can we keep this feature? This would bring casual and ranked more on parity.

If you want people to learn the maps, they can create a custom game for just themselves to roam and explore

DOFR's Avatar Junior Member
    NO! Don't ruin Ranked! Don't destroy RSS! The only change of HUD ranked need is "You've been spotted" set to OFF.

I have 100 hours in your game, as soon as I hit lvl20 - I've played only ranked, reached clearance 64, just bought freaking 1800 RP to spend on skins... And now you are saying you'll crash all our hopes for e-sport scene AND split the community with Hardcore? BECAUSE OF THE BETA SURVEY???

P.S. Sorry for that rant, but I fell in love with RSS since the Closed Beta and now it is taking the worst turn possible. Just don't, please

Just read the survey questions. Do you understand that question "Which of the following indicators would you keep" isn't the same as "Which of the following indicators would you keep in game"? If you would have asked someone - "would you switch on the wallhack if it was build in-game availible for everyone" answer would have been YES, but if you would have asked "do you want there to be a built in-game wallhack?" answer would have been NO. Same applies to Grenade and Hit Indicators

Resetranked stats

will you guys reset the rank stats? I get disconnected often.... it would be great especially if the servers are fixed/improved

Ranked 1.12.15 - 12.12.15 R.I.P

Ranked 1.12.15 - 12.12.15 R.I.P
    Say "arivederci"

Just posting to confirm the merging of the casual and ranked playlist HUD elements. The game is simply more fun, clear, and engaging with all of the HUD elements listed turned on. Making the game more accessible and encouraging growth in serious ranked play is not the same thing as killing the game. Increasing clarity is not the same thing as decreasing depth.

People are just overreacting. Seriously, knowing when you hit someone, where your teammates are, and what your health is doesn't suddenly change the way you play the game. Having more information clearly presented to the player is rarely a bad thing. As for grenade indicators, again the only difference is player clarity: instead of only using audio cues there's now a visual one, it's not like there was no indicator at all beforehand.

As someone who was really into the SC2 community, there's a lot to be learned here. Everytime Blizzard added something like worker counts to the bases, there was an outcry of casual pandering. What the community failed to realize was that with this information more easily presented, it freed up players to make more complicated plays because they didn't have to worry about mundane aspects of the game while allowing less skilled players to more easily have fun. Thus, a more obvious presentation of data to the player allows better players to reach higher skill levels while allowing lower skilled players to better understand what's happening.

Although the analogy isn't 1:1, in R6, knowing when you hit someone, where your teammates are, or which route to take when running from a grenade (that audio cues already made you aware of) allows you more freedom to try complicated actions, it doesn't somehow limit them in anyway. I'm also fully aware that the minority player base is going to say these changes are stupid because of "casual pandering," but pandering to masochists who want an unclear FPS that is deliberately disregarding modern HUD elements in the name of some vague notion of "challenge" is a much worse decision. Once again, making a game more clear and accessible doesn't somehow make it less competitive.

We already know where your teammates are and we can see our health. But knowing when you hit someone and having an in-game indicator for grenades is A BIG difference. Why? Because it does only one thing, decreases the skill gap between players. Is that a good thing for casual? I guess. For ranked, the mode that is based around players showing of their skill??? HELL NO

Originally Posted by DOFR Go to original post
    Just read the survey questions. Do you understand that question "Which of the following indicators would you keep" isn't the same as "Which of the following indicators would you keep in game"? If you would have asked someone - "would you switch on the wallhack if it was build in-game availible for everyone" answer would have been YES, but if you would have asked "do you want there to be a built in-game wallhack?" answer would have been NO. Same applies to Grenade and Hit Indicators
    I agree.

How in the hell did those lame questions UBI asked lead to any conclusions of what should be kept on in the game?

Why wouldn't they simply ask, "Which HUD elements would you prefer are not available to anyone in order to give you a more realistic and immersive experience?"

They might as well do a survey and ask if someone would take a shotgun with a grenade launcher if it were available and act surprised that everyone says yes. That doesn't mean it should be in the game. (This is a jab at UBI because some of their old research indicated this was what players wanted).

Originally Posted by confusedcrib Go to original post
    Just posting to confirm the merging of the casual and ranked playlist HUD elements. The game is simply more fun, clear, and engaging with all of the HUD elements listed turned on. Making the game more accessible and encouraging growth in serious ranked play is not the same thing as killing the game. Increasing clarity is not the same thing as decreasing depth.
    Sorry...but I'm never going to agree that giving out information that a player can get by more realistic means is going to improve the game. That is just dumbing it down and hand-holding people with artificial and immersion breaking crutches that should never have been in an R6 game to begin with.

If you didn't see someone get hit, or weren't close enough to hear it, then you shouldn't know.

If the sound of a grenade hitting the ground was masked by gunfire, then shouldn't know it is there. That is unrealistic.

I have no problem with health indicators, but would prefer a less immersion breaking indication like being gimped or breathing differently.

I should not magically see exactly what my team mate is doing through a wall. If I had to bring up a map showing his location like previous R6 games at least that would have a drawback during the action of checking it.

There are plenty of casual coach potato games out there, and Rainbow Six games need to be something fresh and different from those and not just copy all of those unrealistic "modern HUD elements". When I want to play casual, I'll play something else. When I want semi-realistic, I have to go all the way back to R6-3 Ravenshield apparently, because Siege has caved to COD/BF fans.

Adding my voice to the other players here. Ranked games are for players who are looking for competitive games. Players overlay doesnt belong there. Ranked HUD is fine exept for the "you are been spotted" that need to be removed.

Adding a categorie will just split the community and player base. Which will kill the game.