http://www.strawpoll.me/6252657 new survey here not the same as you think ubisoft

How I picture Ubisoft taking their decisions : https://youtu.be/wz-PtEJEaqY

DOFR's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Shep_FR Go to original post
    R8 revolver
    It was nerfed on 11th of December already

Originally Posted by Zyreen Go to original post
    My first post on this forum.

I have never played any Rainbow Six game before, so when I have tried siege for the first time, I loved how hard, slow and tactical this game is. I have not played ranked yet, but I was really looking forward to bigger challange and excitment during the matches. However when I saw this annoucment, I am very dissapointed.

To me it looks like this game is being changed to be more causal, where hardcore is something what ranked should be. Definitely not hardcore. I liked how there was sense of progression and greater challenge in ranked. Looks like that only difference now will be ranking and spawns, which I do not really care that much about, as I am playing on my own. What is good about Rainbow six Siege for me, is that it is different and harder. There is plenty easier games to play and learn, but I do not have interested in them.

I think, that moving ranked play closer to causal based on a survey from open beta is big mistake. To me, survey was not even asking anyone how they would like to play each mode, it was simply asking how usefull different HUD features are. And yes, they are usefull to understand and learn the game. But everyone gets better and improve overtime.

Ranked as it is now, require better tactics and skill then causal, and in my opiniion thats how it should stay. Thats the whole point of competetive play, be better then others. And making HUD more causal, remove certain amount of skill from the players. This should not be the case in competetive game.

Regards,
    Milan
    I appreciate how calm and reasonable you are about it. You're not crying and whining about ranked suddenly becoming "just like call of duty" just because they're putting hit markers and team outlines in it. I agree with making ranked stay competitive, but I can't see the changes in UI really altering the way the mode is played enough to make ranked suddenly become noobish and forgiving, especially considering I've had more competitive-feeling experiences in casual than I have in ranked.

The game at its core feels tense and competitive. It doesn't need reduced hud to reward attention to detail and awareness. I'm not for the changes myself, but I can't see it hurting the ranked mode whatsoever.

I have put 50+ hours into this game because it's different from casual games. Please keep Ranked as it is (or make it more hardcore). Having two game modes is ideal and you shouldn't branch out into more for obvious reasons.

I would stop playing the game if you made the Ranked mode more Casual and that's a shame because this is the only game I play at the moment. You should offer a complete refund to everyone if you make such a change and I would not have purchased the game if you were going this route.

The biggest issues the game has is the rubber-band matches and drones falling through the floor at the start of a round. Spend your time/money on resolving those and not changing the part of the game that makes those issues worth suffering though.

For everything we fought for to get changed, and now to just get it back and spat in our faces, I really dont understand why you want to appeal so much to casuals when that was never a part of a rainbow six game previously, Leave casual as it is and keep that HUD **** for cod ******s, let rank be as it is now or make it even more hardcore then it already is, adding another playlist just for hardcore will split the community even more then it is already, what you need to fix for ranked to make more people play it, is all the damn server error issues that makes you get kicked and not being able to reconnect and then getting penalties for your **** servers... THAT makes people not want to play ranked...

I wish I could play ranked. Average game of just a few minutes before I get kicked. I want to play this game so much, I had fun in the beta when I was able to connect but overall I was hoping for a swat 5 type game

Do we have any date for the update?

Yup

Originally Posted by Hyperstasis Go to original post
    An actual job. That is indeed impressive. Your level of logical reasoning implies it must be flipping hamburgers? Then you have probably heard the expression "Customer is always right"? That's us, the customers.

"Their" Online Only game doesn't sell very well if servers become ghost towns.

It's exactly what people are annoyed about, being forced to play with game mechanics that are built to be exploited, that are *not* based on having coordinated teams, but reading a magical HUD that spoon feeds you information.
    Sick burn, you totally nailed my burger flipping job, whilst failing to mention yours. (That is what developed minds call sarcasm. Look it up, next to gullible).

I enjoy the game either way, whether the mechanics change or not. If low lives want to cry themselves to sleep because the people that DESIGNED THE Fn game want to make changes, then let the little boys cry. I'll be there to laugh it all up.

It's sad how pathetic these communities have gotten. You all make me sick, in reality.

I came to the forums to see what the meta was with certain tactics, and stumble upon possibly the worst community yet, posdibly worse than WoW. That is saying something.

Flame on, nerds!

Originally Posted by I_Trevelyan_I Go to original post
    Sick burn, you totally nailed my burger flipping job, whilst failing to mention yours. (That is what developed minds call sarcasm. Look it up, next to gullible).

I enjoy the game either way, whether the mechanics change or not. If low lives want to cry themselves to sleep because the people that DESIGNED THE Fn game want to make changes, then let the little boys cry. I'll be there to laugh it all up.

It's sad how pathetic these communities have gotten. You all make me sick, in reality.

I came to the forums to see what the meta was with certain tactics, and stumble upon possibly the worst community yet, posdibly worse than WoW. That is saying something.

Flame on, nerds!
    I can assure you a large portion of R6 Reddit users who are displeased about this change, are reasonable, well-mannered adults with jobs. According to you, nearly 90% of the community are "crying low-lifes" and "nerds" and "little boys"? Talk about flaming.

http://www.strawpoll.me/6252657/r

1180 total votes, 89% of them against. Official Reddit thread about this is almost exclusively disappointed comments, the top voted comment being by a forum moderator.

Rainbow Six is not your regular FPS. It has long time foundations as a hardcore shooter, it's the pioneer of hardcore shooters. People who bought it, are expecting certain thing. It's not elitism, no more than people who bought ArmA are expecting it to have certain realism.

These were also promised features, features that have affected purchasing decisions.They specifically reduced HUD elements at one point of development, based on feedback from the testers. Now they are reversing that change? Doesn't make any sense.