Idea for Tachanka overhaul (LMG or Semi-auto with bipod)

In my opinion Tachanka's turret is something that can never satisfy the majority of players being either useless or OP. Therefore, the turret should be removed entirely.

Instead give Tachanka an LMG like a PPSH-41 with a drum mag and an old fashioned hunting rifle with loads of recoil. According to his bio he loves those kinds of weapons! Not only will he get these unique weapons, as a gadget he will be able to equip a bipod - equiped in a similar fashion to Blackboard's shield - reducing the recoil dramatically with the cost of being more stationairy. The bipod can be used in multiple situations while prone, crouching and standing (e.g. prone, windows, tables and many more) thus making him more mobile than the current Tachanka.

easy_target77's Avatar Senior Member
    If Tachanka were able to break or penetrate shields he would be better, but even at this point he is pretty decent.

Originally Posted by easy_target77 Go to original post
    If Tachanka were able to break or penetrate shields he would be better, but even at this point he is pretty decent.
    Not according to the statistics.

Tachanka is on the very bottom of operators with the lowest winrate across all level 90+ players in ranked in all platforms.

SMH's Avatar Senior Member
    Because people don't know how to cover yet? In a shooter where clever and dynamic positioning is paramount, being a stationary threat is a top achievement.

Learn to build nests, seriously. Plan really carefully about attackers' traversal routes before putting down the "ratatata" dispenser.

No, it's apparently the top players that don't pick Tachanka. Statistics don't lie.

Originally Posted by Aenigmatista Go to original post
    No, it's apparently the top players that don't pick Tachanka.
    For a good reason. Once you're trained to behave in a certain style, you'll be quite uncomfortable playing a different style.

Another argument is that since new players haven't developed their own meta, they're more open about experimenting with the game, thus picking him more often.

Certain playstyles are very risky to develop, like shotgun eco rounds in CSGO. You need to be able to read the opposing team really well, as well as deploy shotguns in the best possible positions, to make it work. If it fails - you lost a crapton of team's money, but if it works, you've stripped the enemy and fully armored your own team.

Same here: to be able to deploy Tachanka successfully you need to have very good knowledge and control over where your enemy might go so you can emphasize Tachanka's good sides (large mag capacity, heavy armor, good environmental penetration) and minimize the bad sides (immobility, low DPS, aiming dependent on callouts and pings and sound).

Originally Posted by TheNoobZMaster Go to original post
    For a good reason. Once you're trained to behave in a certain style, you'll be quite uncomfortable playing a different style.

Another argument is that since new players haven't developed their own meta, they're more open about experimenting with the game, thus picking him more often.

Certain playstyles are very risky to develop, like shotgun eco rounds in CSGO. You need to be able to read the opposing team really well, as well as deploy shotguns in the best possible positions, to make it work. If it fails - you lost a crapton of team's money, but if it works, you've stripped the enemy and fully armored your own team.

Same here: to be able to deploy Tachanka successfully you need to have very good knowledge and control over where your enemy might go so you can emphasize Tachanka's good sides (large mag capacity, heavy armor, good environmental penetration) and minimize the bad sides (immobility, low DPS, aiming dependent on callouts and pings and sound).
    I think statistics are the only viable source of truth, otherwise we'll be having a yes and no discussion. The statistics say that whenever a random player of 90+ level chooses Tachanka, his team is less likely to win compared to Jager and all other operators. This can be explained by a lack of skill (which I doubt due to the statistics derived from 90+ levels in ranked) or the simple fact Tachanka is worse all in all.

If Tachanka would have been worth it if would have been discovered half a year ago. He is too stationairy for a game where the element of surprise is very important. Therefore I suggest giving him bipods, thus increasing his mobility.

Originally Posted by Aenigmatista Go to original post
    I think statistics are the only viable source of truth, otherwise we'll be having a yes and no discussion. The statistics say that whenever a random player of 90+ level chooses Tachanka, his team is less likely to win compared to Jager and all other operators. This can be explained by a lack of skill (which I doubt due to the statistics derived from 90+ levels in ranked) or the simple fact Tachanka is worse all in all.

If Tachanka would have been worth it if would have been discovered half a year ago. He is too stationairy for a game where the element of surprise is very important. Therefore I suggest giving him bipods, thus increasing his mobility.
    Statistics have errors, too. Statistics only show the "well, most of the people...", showing a trend. Trusting the numbers too much has its weak sides, too.

I was defending Tachanka since launch, so I'm sorry if you feel you're banging your head against a wall. It's hard to change my opinion on Tachanka.

Evillpig's Avatar Senior Member
    I have gotten 3 kills one round with him. Team knew I was him and they would bait people to get them to come to me and it was easy kills

Originally Posted by TheNoobZMaster Go to original post
    Statistics have errors, too. Statistics only show the "well, most of the people...", showing a trend. Trusting the numbers too much has its weak sides, too.

I was defending Tachanka since launch, so I'm sorry if you feel you're banging your head against a wall. It's hard to change my opinion on Tachanka.
    I think it depends on how much worse Tachanka's winrate is compared to other operators. I don't have such details.

Anyways, what is your opinion on my suggested Tachanka as if the current one doesn't exist?