View Poll Results: Setting/Backdrop you most DON'T want to see?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ancient Egypt

5 6.94%
  • Wild West/California Gold Rush

28 38.89%
  • Ancient Rome

1 1.39%
  • Feudal Japan

10 13.89%
  • China

1 1.39%
  • World War II

18 25.00%
  • World War I

3 4.17%
  • Pre-history

6 8.33%
  • Persia

0 0%
  • India

0 0%
    Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert

The setting you most don't want to see

We've had tons of "Which is your favorite setting?" or "Which setting do you want to see most?" and one thousand other variations of those, but I don't think we ever had this.

So, question in title. If your opinion is not in the poll, talk post about it. It's also not restricted to backdrops and physical settings, you could say "I want rural areas back" or "I want it to stay in an urban environment"

Be patient, kids. It's a poll and it appears later.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    XX century man, anything XX century.

I-Like-Pie45's Avatar Senior Member
    Modern Day because it had its chance and it never tried to take it

The 1980s should be the latest any AC game should go in history, there could be motorcycle Assassins and hidden overdose firing dartguns

Should be multiple-choice, I basically want them to stay away from any major war/revolution in history for awhile.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm not entirely opposed but I'm kinda tired of one city games so I don't want to see one city games again anytime soon, I would like to see the return of multiple cities, some rural areas would be nice too, Rogue is good example of a game with good numbers of varied areas, not too small and not too big, and a countryside area around the city like Forly and San Gimignano would be nice too.

I ain't too fond of the idea of Ancient Egypt, a more modern Egypt from the middle ages on forward would be better.

Like I said before XX century gets a no from me, XX century history bores me to tears quite frankly and is too modern for my tastes, with that said I voted World War II in the poll.

People keep asking for the American Civil war but, personally, I have little interest in seeing an AC game about that war, can't say I would be thrilled with a Wild West setting but part of me has this morbid curiosity to see how AC would handle that theme.

Modern day, because you know, too modern.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

I am okay with 20th Century games so long as it doesn't take place in America, because that is GTA territory.

Berlin in the 20s is one era I think will be a terrific AC setting.

Wild West on the other just doesn't make any sense whatsoever to me as an AC setting.

Wild West shouldn't happen until the development team figures out how to develop horses that work

I'm replaying AC3 at the moment and it's amazing how many obvious things you'd think a horse would be able to cross or jump over in this game but it can't.

Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert
    Originally Posted by I-Like-Pie45 Go to original post
    Wild West shouldn't happen until the development team figures out how to develop horses that work

I'm replaying AC3 at the moment and it's amazing how many obvious things you'd think a horse would be able to cross or jump over in this game but it can't.
    You're slipping, pie. You're starting to seem human.

I don't want a game to take place later than 1868, or even a game in the 18th or 19th century again.

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    You're slipping, pie. You're starting to seem human.
    Well if bears are going to survive the next century of global human encroachment, we have to adapt and adopt some of your tactics. Soon we will be buying your land with our credit cards and mowing everything down to build shopping plazas & parking spaces over it.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last ►►