1. #131
    VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    657
    I hopped on to check out the retro tracks for the past few days.
    The irony of a 14 page thread with no real way to view the 10000 tracks that have been uploaded.
    Even isolating the search to FusionShared "hard"...you get 1000 tracks with no search by date. By the time I hit the 10th page of 143, I give up.
    All this effort and talk for tracks you can't find. Left speechless once again.
    Any more ideas coming from Redlynx on this one?
    Share this post

  2. #132
    Ok, first of I want to say thanks a lot to you all at Redlynx for making this happen. I think just about everyone appreciate the effort that went in to this, especially in the ninja community. I would like to point out some issues though and maybe some suggestions to improve things.

    It appears my old tracks from PC did not upload under my name on X1, even though I have linked my account on both PC and X1. I also linked on a family members ps4 but I haven't been able to check there yet. I uploaded some new tracks on X1 and they appeared under my gamer tag on PC just fine though. Not too big of an issue since I'm not too proud of my earliest tracks, I just hope it works when I start uploading on my PC again

    The other problem is the search like many others have said. However it is not a new problem. I remember when I started playing that it was hard to find tracks after playing through most of the very highly rated ones. At the moment a search is only useful if you already know what you are looking for or you are checking out a track author you know the name of. There should be the option of filtering tracks based on likes, downloads, non-completed and tags to name a few. Also it would be useful if there was more descriptive tags on tracks like: back wheel. front wheel, tutorial, stationary, fender grab, etc. And maybe have the community able to tag tracks after playing them.

    Lastly, I know there is some Microsoft/Sony limitations on what you can do. But maybe you could also xplat statistics like downloads/likes on tracks? Seems like this would not be a problem since it is anonymous. And also, maybe it would be possible to xplat replays for those who have bound their accounts on multiple platforms?

    That's all I got. Thanks again for making TC this awesome.
    Share this post

  3. #133
    mattshotcha's Avatar Community Staff
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ubisoft NCSA CRC
    Posts
    994
    As mentioned in a different thread, adding in more detailed search options might not be possible at this point in time. On the flip side, all feedback like this is still immensely helpful and we can use this going forward in many ways. So while I'm sorry to say that this might not be something we can resolve, I certainly want the conversation to continue. I'm just attempting to keep this transparent so you don't feel like we are ignoring your concerns.

    Originally Posted by VEGASTRASH Go to original post
    I hopped on to check out the retro tracks for the past few days.
    The irony of a 14 page thread with no real way to view the 10000 tracks that have been uploaded.
    Even isolating the search to FusionShared "hard"...you get 1000 tracks with no search by date. By the time I hit the 10th page of 143, I give up.
    All this effort and talk for tracks you can't find. Left speechless once again.
    Any more ideas coming from Redlynx on this one?
    @Trash As for browsing retro tracks, it can be difficult to browse the older ones freely. But it sounds more like you're looking for something specific. If that's the case then there are some alternatives for finding the track/tracks you are looking for.

    Originally Posted by NoxMentis Go to original post
    Ok, first of I want to say thanks a lot to you all at Redlynx for making this happen. I think just about everyone appreciate the effort that went in to this, especially in the ninja community. I would like to point out some issues though and maybe some suggestions to improve things.

    It appears my old tracks from PC did not upload under my name on X1, even though I have linked my account on both PC and X1. I also linked on a family members ps4 but I haven't been able to check there yet. I uploaded some new tracks on X1 and they appeared under my gamer tag on PC just fine though. Not too big of an issue since I'm not too proud of my earliest tracks, I just hope it works when I start uploading on my PC again

    The other problem is the search like many others have said. However it is not a new problem. I remember when I started playing that it was hard to find tracks after playing through most of the very highly rated ones. At the moment a search is only useful if you already know what you are looking for or you are checking out a track author you know the name of. There should be the option of filtering tracks based on likes, downloads, non-completed and tags to name a few. Also it would be useful if there was more descriptive tags on tracks like: back wheel. front wheel, tutorial, stationary, fender grab, etc. And maybe have the community able to tag tracks after playing them.

    Lastly, I know there is some Microsoft/Sony limitations on what you can do. But maybe you could also xplat statistics like downloads/likes on tracks? Seems like this would not be a problem since it is anonymous. And also, maybe it would be possible to xplat replays for those who have bound their accounts on multiple platforms?

    That's all I got. Thanks again for making TC this awesome.
    @Nox This is all really great feedback. As far as your retro tracks issue, I will push this to the team and maybe they can get it figured out.
    Share this post

  4. #134
    Hi. Im not exactly sure why, but i have received a track from Xbox One on my PSN and PC track central accounts that shouldn't be there. The track is called "A Quick Death" and was made on my second account on Xbox One.

    I logged into my UPlay account on PC to make sure the gamertag wasnt linked to the Uplay account and it isnt. Only my PSN and Main Gamer tag are linked to it.
    Share this post

  5. #135
    Originally Posted by Haarmes Go to original post
    Thank you. all i can say.

    i bet lots of PC players are going to be as happy about this as i am <3
    I almost bought a f-ing console because of the lack of tracks!!! omg!
    Share this post

  6. #136
    VEGASTRASH's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada USA
    Posts
    657
    I've come across quite a few builds with 0 downloads that are tremendous tracks. How do you cross platform 30 thousand tracks and not take a few seconds to think...how will they find them? A simple search by date would at least have been a start. The search locks at just over 1 thousand tracks.
    Whoever had the idea of doing the retro tracks....why was this not thought about? It seems like a ton of work to code...all for 0 downloads on most tracks.
    That said...I've enjoyed quite a few great cross platform builds the past week. I only had hoped I was overlooking a simple and effective way to search them. So far the top 48 hour feed seems best.
    Share this post

  7. #137
    Is there a way to put in a filter to search for the lowest rated tracks instead of highest rated, this way you could search for 'FusionShared' as the creator and then put lowest rated to see all the new tracks.
    Share this post

  8. #138
    Wonder if there is a way to grab the list of the 'all time best rated trials tracks' from each of the platforms without having to write out each one manually, that would at least be a nice starter to find the 'best' for each platform, or to take it further the 'top rated all time trials tracks' for each difficulty for each platform Either of those would be awesome if it's possible
    Share this post

  9. #139
    En0-'s Avatar Trials Developer
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,775
    Originally Posted by NSPIV Go to original post
    Wonder if there is a way to grab the list of the 'all time best rated trials tracks' from each of the platforms without having to write out each one manually, that would at least be a nice starter to find the 'best' for each platform, or to take it further the 'top rated all time trials tracks' for each difficulty for each platform Either of those would be awesome if it's possible
    Hello Venomz,

    We're working in finding the best way to give you some data about these questions but it will take some time. We are looking at what type of data, filtered or not, raw data or hand picked data, etc... If you have any opinion on what could be useful, let us know.

    Cheers,
    Share this post

  10. #140
    Originally Posted by NSPIV Go to original post
    Is there a way to put in a filter to search for the lowest rated tracks instead of highest rated, this way you could search for 'FusionShared' as the creator and then put lowest rated to see all the new tracks.
    If you move the cursor over "Track Rating" while doing a search, and click on it until the arrow points upwards it will sort the tracks in ascending order of ratings, meaning the lowest rated will be shown up to page 143. Unfortunately a lot of these are MyTracks, but I did find some gems trying this reverse search out.



    Edit:

    Also, En0 do you know if there are still tracks being retro-actively cross-platformmed?
    Share this post