Aces of the pacific was my very first Flight sim, I loved it there was a huge selection of a/c to fly and from various air forces such as the jaaf jnaf usaaf usn and the usmc man i spent hour on that sim

Aces of the pacific was my very first Flight sim, I loved it there was a huge selection of a/c to fly and from various air forces such as the jaaf jnaf usaaf usn and the usmc man i spent hour on that sim

I can hardly wait for PF, to c just which a/c well be getting man o man

Yellonet's Avatar Senior Member
    Yep.. my first sim too, it really was insanly fun

- Yellonet

Mine was both AoE and AotP... Loved em both and the mods were EXCELLENT!! Especially the Aces over Russia mod for AoE!

Loki-PF's Avatar Senior Member
    HOLY CARP!!!

Your telling me there were MODS for AOtP!!! ZOIKS!! I COULD KICK MYSELF! WHO KNEW!

I also experienced a flight sim for the first time with those two.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Loki-PF:
    HOLY CARP!!!

Your telling me there were MODS for AOtP!!! ZOIKS!! I COULD KICK MYSELF! WHO KNEW!

I also experienced a flight sim for the first time with those two.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Aces over Europe... I see the reading level of the people in here is above average..

and what about aces upgrade of 1946
    that was cool 2.At the time i was playing aotp i didnt know there was a russian mod until 2 years ago when i tried to look for my old favourite sim and found it by accident

i began with aotp too... i still have it..

for aoe, there was also a battle of brittain mod, and a north africa mod.

56Kers are strongly advised to NOT click on my signature

Yeap the Aces series, Those where the days.. nos whining about FM or DM or the .50 cals

I had been flying flight sims since 1984 but at the time the ACes series looked like the pinacle of WWII Flight simulation...
    Of course I would kill for a dynamic campaign a la 1942 Pacific Air War .

You had your task force and Army groups in various islands, and you had to hunt the enemy taskforce, once fonud, the job was simple... Sink it. Or was it? .

That was inmersion, the fate of the battles rested in your hands..