Yet again votekicked for no reason

This kick vote system needs to be redesigned. I have just been votekicked for the second time out of a match, for no apparent reason. One of my "team mates" actually apologized right before he put in the final vote (he said sorry and right after I was kicked). This experience is so infuriating for me, that I am contemplating just killing off my whole team whenever some elitist jerk decides it is time for me to go and initiates the kick vote. An unpolished system like this breeds trolls, and I am afraid I need to become one of them whenever I see the kick vote initiation message appear in the top right of the screen. Fortunately, to satsify my need for revenge, the hostage rescue missions seem absolutely perfect to troll a team in one fell swoop.

I'd love to hear what you have to say about the broken kick vote system Ubi.

Regards,

An (almost) angry customer
     5 people found this helpful

you sure it's for no reason? did you have music playing or anything annoying like that?
     2 people found this helpful

"No reason" could be as simple as you're taking one of the operators used by someone else. If there are 3 friends playing, they have the votes to boot you. Solution? WAIT for everyone else to pick their operators, then you pick from who is remaining. Not fair? Make your own team of 3+ friends first and you don't have to worry about vote kicks at all.

Other "no reason" reasons why people get vote kicked:
    - Being annoying on the mic - loud, talking crap, singing, etc. Use it strictly for intel.
    - Your mic may be bugged in-game. This is an issue that causes your mic to be always on and you don't know it. Without pushing your mic push-to-talk, ask if your mic is held down. If someone responds, ask them to mute you since the game is bugged.
    - Not using the mic at all. If you don't have a mic, that's visible on the load screen, and some teams rightfully assume you won't/can't communicate. This is a game of intel / comms, so get a mic and use it appropriately.
    - Talking crap in text chat to the other team or your own.
    - Not dropping armor immediately when you play as Rook.
    - TKs, or even wounding teammates.
    - Rank is too low.. some teams don't want to play with people who haven't played long enough to know the maps. Yes, not fair, but suck it up and join another group. Ubi should remove the ability to see teammate ranks before the match is over.
    - Barricading doorways to the objective sites too early in the prep phase. Better to run far away from the objective room and barricade elsewhere, then work your way back to the site. *Ask* the team if they're cool with doorways being barricaded.
    - Not shooting drones.
    - Using laser attachments, as they give away your position (thus, the position of any teammate near you).
    - Staying too close to another teammate. No one likes a leg humper.
    - Making noise near another teammate, giving away their position.
    - Standing in doorways, blocking the movement within the map.
    - Putting deployable shields in bad places that block movement, especially early in a map, without checking with the team first.
    - Using Thermite's thermite charge on non-reinforced walls, unless absolutely necessary to waste one on that.
    - Using Fuze's special anywhere near the objective room on a hostage map.
    - Throwing grenades anywhere near the objective room on a hostage map.
    - Using breach charges or Ash's special to get into the objective room on a hostage map.
    - Shooting the hostage.
    - Camping as an attacker.
    - Rushing out of the building and getting immediately killed as a defender.
    - Helping to group up in one area as a defender, as it's generally not a good idea to all be in the same room the whole map.

Vote kicks are essential for removing TKers and general ******baggery from the team, so I hope they remain. If you're getting kicked, it's best to be cool on comms right from the start and ask what the team wants you to do, then follow that.
     3 people found this helpful

Major_Savage's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by codeX- Go to original post
    "This is a game of intel / comms, so get a mic and use it appropriately .
    1. If that was true then, it would state on the game, do not buy this if you dont plan on using a mic.
    2. there wouldn't be no options to mute a player, or you wouldn't be able too move your slider down to zero in the menu.
    this game does not force anybody to use a mic, so if like me you dont want to use one, then dont.

And yes the vote system does need changing
    There is a too many spoilt little kids in this game that like nothing better than to abuse the hell out of everything they can
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by T.8one Go to original post
    1. If that was true then, it would state on the game, do not buy this if you dont plan on using a mic.
    2. there wouldn't be no options to mute a player, or you wouldn't be able too move your slider down to zero in the menu.
    this game does not force anybody to use a mic, so if like me you dont want to use one, then dont.

There is a too many spoilt little kids in this game that like nothing better than to abuse the hell out of everything they can
    if a team of mic'd up folks doesn't want to play with a non-communicator, i think they have every right to vote-kick. let people play how they want, and you play like you want. You're right about the spoiled little kids part, but that's not unique to this game, it's online games in general.

mabey there should be some way of having Mic only games, and none mic only games?

Originally Posted by T.8one Go to original post

You do realize your logic dictates that your steak should come with eating instructions, right? "Please take knife and fork from drawer. Pierce steak with fork. Proceed to insert the knife between the far right tong and the adjacent tong. Begin sliding the knife back and forth until your strip of steak is prepared for chewing. Repeat as necessary."

No, the game should not NEED an advertisement saying mics only, but considering it's a tactical team-based multiplayer, common sense dictates you will need to communicate and coordinate with your team. That said, now you know why they're booting you!

If your on PC I doubt its because of no mic personally. I have mic but never use it ingame, and generally speaking I only hear people complain about others who are mic spamming. If you can get kills, not be a dummy and give as much cover etc as you can to team mates, probably won't be kicked for no mic. Like others mentioned its probably numerous reasons. I imagine you got into a match with a group as mentioned before, so kicking you was easy as they were all together.
     1 people found this helpful

lets just agree that the Vote kick sucks, and is being abused badly and something needs to be done.

Instead of kicking others I just leave. I like having at least one additional person on the team w/ a mic, but people pinging is good enough to know what is doing on. I've been kicked probably once, and that was when I initially joined a game on the first day and didn't have a renown booster.

The hot-mic issue, there is a simple fix for, if you are not going to talk on the comms anyway. most headset mics come w/ a slide mute button. MUTE YOURSELF. You can tell you have a hot-mic when your name is always on the mid rightish.
    On US servers people despise it if you don't speak english (which is hilarious right now, because I get games w/ Asia, Brazilians, and Russians... with a "Patriotic" American telling them "this is america, we speak american or GTFO of Murica")
    Not listening to advice. One of the biggest frustrations I have is when I call out "Hey X, there is someone coming behind you, I hear/see them" no reaction and they die. I don't mind bad players, but willing ignorance bothers me.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... Last ►►