View Poll Results: Should Ubisoft add multiplayer bots to custom games?

Voters
83. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, just YES!

72 86.75%
  • Yes, that way I can actually play offline instead of having a laggy game.

7 8.43%
  • Yeah I guess, does anyone even check these forums? Do the devs even care?

2 2.41%
  • Nah, I live in a 1st world country and am always online with fibe robtic cables.

2 2.41%
    KillerKahuna's Avatar Member

Can we get Custom Games with bots?

With the AI already in place for Terrorist Hunt, can't we have the bots be an addition to Custom Games.
    So you can still play "Multiplayer" but with AI ? Essentially making Offline Multiplayer a possibility.

Unless I missed something and it's already in there (Edit: I've looked around no bots for custom games!)
    Because this article makes no sense then, why have Custom Game available offline ????
    http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/...lable-offline/
     2 people found this helpful

I'm so confused....

Isn't that what T Hunt is?

What would be different?
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by KrazeeDD Go to original post

What would be different?
    AI teammates, the way Terrorist Hunt is set up right now there's no balancing.
    Way too hard when you're alone and since there's no change settings option you can't make it through most of these Terrorist Hunt scenarios.
     1 people found this helpful

I think that would be a great addition. Since everything on the offline PVP is unlocked already and has nothing to do with the "Renown" system that's in place considering that's the official reason so far why terrorist hunt wasn't allowed to be offline then why not add bots to this mode then?

Originally Posted by BigBoomer71171 Go to original post
    I think that would be a great addition.
    If only some of the executive devs would get to see this :O
    Someone please ! It'll help the game's longevity in a different way than just micro-transactions.

* Requesting Sticky*

There, I added a poll to the post to make a sticky applicable so the developers (if they should happen to check these forums) get a streamlined request.
    Please UBISOFT Montreal, for the love of the game.

This x 10. Honestly it's a game changer for me. 5 v 5, 5 ai's v u and 4 ai's or ur team( u and 4 ai's) in terrorist hunt. Would b great if the implemented what evolve has and you could switch between operators. Also would love options for thing like time, amount of terrorists, amount of suicide bombers. I do play online with others sometimes but honestly I'm not very good and feel like I'm bringing my team down. I use a headset on occasion but usually ditch it because of either annoying people or verbal abuse. Options man options.

Originally Posted by BenVenom Go to original post
    Options man options.
    Agreed, this post really needs a sticky, since it wouldn't be so hard to implement with the AI already in place.
    And I gotta say the AI is fairly competent, just a little wonky when there's an objective in place and they ignore their own well being and just become cannon fodder.

This big issue I see is not being able to LAN.

I played a match with a friend sitting on a computer next to me and we had to go through ubisofts server to play terrorist hunt.

His ping was 300 even though he is sitting next to me.

Also I'm not concerned about AI teamates, hard isn't challenging enough solo and I'm already moving into playing lone wolf realistic.

Another major concern is the inability to play offline TH which leaves my gaming at whim of ubisofts horrible login servers, my ISP and every server inbetween just to play SOLO.

Ubisoft has to make this happen. The lack of single player is excruciating.

Or at least have the option to add AI controlled teammates when you're playing lone wolf on terrorist hunt.

Lol I am completely on KillerKahuna's side on this. Soloing on terrorist hunt is too difficult.

Man if they cant even scale TH for lone wolf how they you gonna expect em to work in AI, the terrorists dont work together, man they dont even finish you off if your downed at their feet.

Thought I'd add my support and bump this now that the Complete Edition is out. Having the ability to play PvE in multiplayer (and play it without unnecessary connection to online) would be a perfect way to ensure this game lives on, and to bring in more customers even after it's no longer the flavor of the month. Ditto with Terrorist Hunt, which is currently online only.

Some people think the bots are too crappy, or too hard without friends, etc. Regardless of our personal opinion, the point is we would all have the option. There's nothing wrong with options, especially ones which benefit everyone, and ones that people have been asking before release. In a series like Rainbow Six this should have been a no-brainer.

Please do this Ubisoft.

Also, Happy New Year.

Ubisoft doesn't give a crap about us

Isn't it just wonderful how they can ignore us for years on end ?

OFFLINE terrorist hunt was promised during the beta phase. I bought the game at launch on Uplay for 60$. To my surprise lone wolf TH was kept behind always online DRM. They changed their minds and failed to announce the community.A lot of players were outraged. Just google it.

I have a speedy connection but it's unreliable and with unpredictable down time because of my ISP. There's an exclusivity contract between the ISP and the residential neighborhood I live in. Can't do anything about it. Every time I lose connection for a few hours I'm locked out of the game with only those crappy situations available.

And after more than two years after launch they don't give a crap about us.

THEY LITERALLY DON'T GIVE A CRAP.

Given that lone wolf TH renown gain was nerfed, is there any hope we could at least see OFFLINE lone wolf TH ? Why do we have to insist so much for you to give us a game that we can enjoy regardless of external factors like connection quality ?

Sgt Astor's Avatar Senior Member
    I lile the idea!

croken717's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by CmdrShepard2149 Go to original post
    Or at least have the option to add AI controlled teammates when you're playing lone wolf on terrorist hunt.
    Exactly this; borrow some logic from Ghost Recon Wildlands, and put this in. If the old SOCOM series on the PS2 could handle it, surely it can be done on the PS4. Simple "breach and clear", "bang and clear", "overwatch", etc. commands would be wonderful. Even if they just gave you AI "recruit" teammates, it would be well worth it.

But I thought PC was the master race?

Bots are bad for business. They want 1 player playing 1 game on 1 console/pc.

It still is 1 player per PC. Just playing versus AI when not connected to the internet or when the servers are down. Instead of playing something else or staring at the walls. Give us some options here.

Still ignoring us Ubi ?

Reasons why Offline bots in custom matchs (ai team and u vs 5 ai) are a good idea

I totally agree with you guys on this, ubisoft has the materials to add bots but are focusing on DLC and multiplayer that single player is off their minds. Bots are there when the game is not being played, there are many games now that are having bots for multiplayer and its pve mode such as call of duty, for honor, rainbow six vegas 2(older game) and many more. I want ubisoft montreal to acknowledge the fact that there are people that love to play the single player conponents rather than the online. Pro players aren't the only people to listen to, there is a community supporting the game and giving feedback, also a 5 random operator bots vs 4 random operator bots and you would be a perfect idea to keep the game going. I doubt there would be a siege 2 anytime soon so might as well add the idea.

The main idea of rainbow six siege was teamwork and communication, wouldn't offline multiplayer bots better help increase skill for you only or your team and you. For example you are playing rook on the map house, and you set down your armor and your ai team will pickup armor after reinforcing, now the jager ads has been destroyed by a thatcher ai and is pushing main window you would command your team to guard main areas that the enemies would breach and you take down the thatcher. Overall the custom game bot match would be an amazing idea for the game is still somewhat buggy and is super focused on dlc amd your wallet.

Just thought I'd add to thread, I think it's a great idea. keep the tread going hopefully it will be acknowledged by Ubisoft.

We are in year 3 of the game's life already Ubisoft. When do you plan to finally listen to us ?
    All we want is to enjoy your product when faced with limited internet connectivity. You have nothing to lose by enabling offline terrorist hunt. Even though we do our best it's not possible for everyone to be always online. Why is this so hard to understand ?

Originally Posted by StormguardTac Go to original post
    I totally agree with you guys on this, ubisoft has the materials to add bots but are focusing on DLC and multiplayer that single player is off their minds. Bots are there when the game is not being played, there are many games now that are having bots for multiplayer and its pve mode such as call of duty, for honor, rainbow six vegas 2(older game) and many more. I want ubisoft montreal to acknowledge the fact that there are people that love to play the single player conponents rather than the online. Pro players aren't the only people to listen to, there is a community supporting the game and giving feedback, also a 5 random operator bots vs 4 random operator bots and you would be a perfect idea to keep the game going. I doubt there would be a siege 2 anytime soon so might as well add the idea.

The main idea of rainbow six siege was teamwork and communication, wouldn't offline multiplayer bots better help increase skill for you only or your team and you. For example you are playing rook on the map house, and you set down your armor and your ai team will pickup armor after reinforcing, now the jager ads has been destroyed by a thatcher ai and is pushing main window you would command your team to guard main areas that the enemies would breach and you take down the thatcher. Overall the custom game bot match would be an amazing idea for the game is still somewhat buggy and is super focused on dlc amd your wallet.
    You can add on to this idea of mocs if nessacry to command said al so you would increase peoples ablity to command and know want to do in any situation the said al could have half health on our side to help meaning it would be down to you to win not the al

To not even allow the users to edit the number of terrorists in Terrorist Hunt in the year 2019 is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

To not even allow the users to have an option to remove the time-limits in Hard & Realistic in Terrorist Hunt is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

To force the users to be connected to the internet, to play solo in Terrorist Hunt, is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

To not even allow the users to play the main game-formula of Rainbow Six Siege with AI bots as the enemy, is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

This is nothing but extreme favortism towards the multiplayer crowd, and a complete 'spit in our faces to the' single player audience.

And to not even issue a professional, corteous reply to any of this is highly disturbing, and yet again majorly insulting.

Those that are responsible for these such decisions.....they truly do deserve a bit of .....justifiable 'darkness'.

Originally Posted by matthewmtg45 Go to original post
    To not even allow the users to edit the number of terrorists in Terrorist Hunt in the year 2019 is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

To not even allow the users to have an option to remove the time-limits in Hard & Realistic in Terrorist Hunt is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

To force the users to be connected to the internet, to play solo in Terrorist Hunt, is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

To not even allow the users to play the main game-formula of Rainbow Six Siege with AI bots as the enemy, is flat-out ridiculous, and insulting.

This is nothing but extreme favortism towards the multiplayer crowd, and a complete 'spit in our faces to the' single player audience.

And to not even issue a professional, corteous reply to any of this is highly disturbing, and yet again majorly insulting.

Those that are responsible for these such decisions.....they truly do deserve a bit of .....justifiable 'darkness'.
    Doesn't seem hard to insult you. Just ease up a bit and maybe change your wording. I'm not disagreeing with you but I'm not sure that "insulting" is the right word

2020,year 5 pass was come out,and they still not listening to us,I think training ground was offline multiplayer,but i was wrong,it is just renamed of terrorist hunt

finally,in 2021,training ground can be played in offline without internet connection,you can play terrorist hunt offline

UbiShoreman's Avatar Community Representative
    Please refrain from necro-ing old threads. Double check the date of threads before commenting!