RokDog007's Avatar Senior Member
    for Religious Rockers Skillet isn't too preachy & the chics in the band are hot !!

127million + views on Y.T for Monster

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    For a hard rock act I think it's cool that the drummer can sing while she's playing.

I had no idea anyone was classifying Skillet as religious rock. Neither religious nor atheistic views offend me, but when people start referring to Skillet as metal then that is blasphemy!

I'd sooner buy a pack full of Christmas melodies than Christian Rock... oh I know what it is.. it's that fake holier than though crap that is a turn off.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Hermitian Go to original post
    I'd sooner buy a pack full of Christmas melodies than Christian Rock... oh I know what it is.. it's that fake holier than though crap that is a turn off.
    Good to know

Originally Posted by TomKQT Go to original post
    What does so many mean for you? So far just TWO people said they would pass and included also something about religion. So two is so many?
    Since yo0u ask, there were three actually. In fact, the three posts before me, not spread out among many posts. It may of course be that it was only those three, but I do not feel that it was a poor assumption that it was "many" as it was just 7 people who had commented about the choice of band. Three seemingly positive, one who couldn't care less about them, followed by three who said something akin to "nah, I'm secular, don't wanna". So, nearly half of them, and given that feel their justification is silly, I'd say that they are many (more than it should be)

What makes these guys a religious band? I only listened to half of the monster song and turned it off because I can't stand the vocals.

Originally Posted by kami-kun Go to original post
    Since yo0u ask, there were three actually. In fact, the three posts before me, not spread out among many posts. It may of course be that it was only those three, but I do not feel that it was a poor assumption that it was "many" as it was just 7 people who had commented about the choice of band. Three seemingly positive, one who couldn't care less about them, followed by three who said something akin to "nah, I'm secular, don't wanna". So, nearly half of them, and given that feel their justification is silly, I'd say that they are many (more than it should be)
    It was the bands choice... we're just pointing it out.

zaxcv4321's Avatar Senior Member
    So if they are not doing power-chord versions of "Go Tell It On The Mountain", what makes them Christian Rock?

Is it a label they gave themselves to help a select audience identify with them more?
    Is it an identifier the record label convinced them to take to fill a niche market?

Are they here to declare that, while making non-evangelical pseudo-metal, that it is still cool to arrange your life around Bronze and Iron Age world views?

TomKQT's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by kami-kun Go to original post
    I still see only two. There were 3 negative comments, yes, but one of them just seemed to dislike the band because he said absolutely nothing about bible, Christianity or religion.

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dro45 Go to original post
    So if they are not doing power-chord versions of "Go Tell It On The Mountain", what makes them Christian Rock?

Is it a label they gave themselves to help a select audience identify with them more?
    Is it an identifier the record label convinced them to take to fill a niche market?
    Dunno, but they appear happy to be described as a Christian Rock band on Wikipedia, so they must feel it is of some significance.