chris60119's Avatar Senior Member

Question about submitting songs

If I enter the same song more then once. Is it counted more then once or am I wasting my time?

Kynlore's Avatar Senior Member
    There's an FAQ.

Q: If I request for the same song multiple times, does it count as multiple requests?

No, sorry. Each request is tied to a specific user, so it’s easy to tell when a person is stuffing the ballot box. Those duplicates get filtered out, so one authentic vote is a much better use of your time than 400 votes for the same song from the same person (and yes, that’s happened).

Glad to know. Didn't want to waste time entering songs

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Buying a second lottery ticket with the same numbers is definitely a waste, but buying the first one probably was too.

del170109032657's Avatar Community Manager
    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Buying a second lottery ticket with the same numbers is definitely a waste, but buying the first one probably was too.
    ...but requesting songs for the first time does help!

Now I wish I knew all the songs I have requested

Requesting a popular song/band is probably pointless, because odds are someone has already requested it - in fact, probably a whole bunch of other people requested it - and the reason it's not in the game (yet) is not for the lack of requests, but because of licensing issues. I mean, seriously, does someone at this point in time really think he is the very first one to suggest "Sweet Child of Mine" or "Unforgiven" or (enter any other immensely popular song not featured in Rocksmith)?

On the other hand, requesting songs from little known bands that are under Rocksmith devs' radar is probably a much more useful thing. But I'm not sure this happens very often.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Outside of requesting the same song multiple times, it is never a waste of time to request a song that you'd like to see in the game.

I believe it was pointed out that they do use the number of times a song has been requested while picking out DLC.

Obviously much more than just the amount of requests for a song goes into it, but it does count for something.

Originally Posted by rsratnip Go to original post
    Requesting a popular song/band is probably pointless, because odds are someone has already requested it - in fact, probably a whole bunch of other people requested it - and the reason it's not in the game (yet) is not for the lack of requests, but because of licensing issues. I mean, seriously, does someone at this point in time really think he is the very first one to suggest "Sweet Child of Mine" or "Unforgiven" or (enter any other immensely popular song not featured in Rocksmith)?

On the other hand, requesting songs from little known bands that are under Rocksmith devs' radar is probably a much more useful thing. But I'm not sure this happens very often.
    I think the more people that request a specific band the better chance we have of seeing them. I look at it like this

Hi we have this guitar learning software and we would like to include some of your music, 36,657 users have specifically requested your songs.
    or
    Hi .. .. .. ... 500 users have requested your songs

Which is more likely to get a bigger act to agree?

Originally Posted by cdeamonk Go to original post
    I think the more people that request a specific band the better chance we have of seeing them. I look at it like this

Hi we have this guitar learning software and we would like to include some of your music, 36,657 users have specifically requested your songs.
    or
    Hi .. .. .. ... 500 users have requested your songs

Which is more likely to get a bigger act to agree?
    Word! Couldn't agree more