We flew some co-ops in the P-38 last night & like a lot of people at first i was surprised how much the nose moved around when when firing. But after a while I noticed something.
    The nose shake was quite disruptive when firing in a tight turn/high AoA, but when i was diving in on targets she was steady as can be.

Lessons:
    1. Use short bursts (squirts) when slow &/or turning hard. Preferrably just firing mgs or cannon but not both.
    2. When at high speed & low AoA let rip! In this situation you can hose 'em down & correct your aim easily.

These same points go for other planes as well but the difference is more noticable in the P-38. IMHO

Hope this helps someone!

Saburo AKA FI Up-N-at-'em

We flew some co-ops in the P-38 last night & like a lot of people at first i was surprised how much the nose moved around when when firing. But after a while I noticed something.
    The nose shake was quite disruptive when firing in a tight turn/high AoA, but when i was diving in on targets she was steady as can be.

Lessons:
    1. Use short bursts (squirts) when slow &/or turning hard. Preferrably just firing mgs or cannon but not both.
    2. When at high speed & low AoA let rip! In this situation you can hose 'em down & correct your aim easily.

These same points go for other planes as well but the difference is more noticable in the P-38. IMHO

Hope this helps someone!

Saburo AKA FI Up-N-at-'em

yeah short bursts is the only way for this bird.