What's the problem with the site noted?

Myst 5 Windows 10 Stack Error

]Trying to run Myst 5 on an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home Ver 1903. Got thru the DLL issues ok and now have the stack error. Had a security issue trying to download Myst5initfiles with Firefox but got the files ok with Edge.

For the life of me I can find the init files to replace. I have searched everywhere. Only ini files that show up in search are the ones I downloaded and some from Candy Crush.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Ubi-TheBerry's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by rdelcoleman Go to original post
    ]Trying to run Myst 5 on an HP Laptop running Windows 10 Home Ver 1903. Got thru the DLL issues ok and now have the stack error. Had a security issue trying to download Myst5initfiles with Firefox but got the files ok with Edge.

For the life of me I can find the init files to replace. I have searched everywhere. Only ini files that show up in search are the ones I downloaded and some from Candy Crush.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
    Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having issues, would you be able to provide a copy or screenshot of the exact error you're seeing when attempting to launch the game?

Apply the patch contained in Myst5InitFiles.zip, available here. When you unzip Myst5InitFiles.zip, you'll have the following files and folders:
    -- README.txt
    -- progress.db (in \Myst V End of Ages folder)
    -- audio.ini (in \Myst V End of Ages\init subfolder)
    -- graphics.ini (in \Myst V End of Ages\init subfolder)

From README.txt:

"Before you follow this instructions, you should have installed Myst V with the dvd-rom.

Copy the folder in the zip file (Myst V End of Ages) to:
    C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Local

That's it! Myst V should now start up properly.

(If you can't find the folder, remember that AppData is a hidden directory.
    Turn on hidden files, or enter the folder path directly into the address bar of Windows Explorer.)"

To clarify, the \Myst V End of Ages folder resulting from unzipping Myst5InitFiles.zip contains:
    -- The progress.db file and the \init subfolder.
    -- The \init subfolder contains the audio.ini and graphics.ini files.

You must:
    -- a. Install Myst V to your C: drive, using the install defaults.
    -- b. Download and unzip Myst5InitFiles.zip.
    -- c. Replace the existing progress.db, audio.ini, and graphics.ini files with the new ones from Myst5InitFiles.zip. This can be done by either:
    ----- 1. Overwriting/replacing the existing \Myst V End of Ages folder with the new folder from Myst5InitFiles.zip. This also automatically overwrites/replaces the \init subfolder.
    ----- 2. Individually overwriting/replacing each of the existing progress.db, audio.ini, and graphics.ini files with the new ones from Myst5InitFiles.zip.

If you can't find C:\Users\<your windows username>\AppData\Local, set your Windows Explorer options to allow viewing hidden files. (Click on Tools > Folder Options > View, click on radio but_ton for "Show hidden files and folders", then click on Apply > OK)

I create an account just to thank you for your generous help !

You are quite welcome. Enjoy the Forums!