Myst V End of Ages won't run under Windows 10

Hello to you,

My myst V game won't run under Windows 10, though it did run properly under Windows XP service pack 3, but I don't think it is a compatibility issue. Is there some way I can attach here a screenshot window I receive while attempting to run a Myst V? Is this perhaps a Direct X issue, since I remember while attempting to install a Direct X 9 for Windows 10 the installation has failed. Is perhaps a compatibility patch for this game to run properly under Windows 10 or should I use a special Direct X version to run it properly it under?

Here it is ! Look Under- Here what I've pasted from the windows while attempting to run Myst V under Windows 10.

Exception type: Access violation
    Call stack (14 levels):
    0x74F93744
    0x0066B9D9
    0x0044A9A8
    0x011243F1
    0x0044121D
    0x0051C6D3
    0x0051BE4E
    0x7400841E
    0x7400850D
    0x74004595
    0x7400CC48
    0x6680D354
    0x6680D014
    0x7400CDA0

I would be really grateful if you assist me though this problem, since I would like to enjoy playing this game and raise my mind and this time get along without any hints or walkthrough and I am sure there is the way the program will run properly under Windows 10, just correct the settings.

Thanks a lot in advance

and enjoy your weekend.

<end>

Apply the patch contained in Myst5InitFiles.zip, originally available here. This URL is now dead, but if you send me a Private Message including an Email address, I'll send you the file. DO NOT post an Email adress here!

When you unzip Myst5InitFiles.zip, you'll have the following files and folders:
    -- README.txt
    -- progress.db (in \Myst V End of Ages folder)
    -- audio.ini (in \Myst V End of Ages\init subfolder)
    -- graphics.ini (in \Myst V End of Ages\init subfolder)

Follow the instructions in README.txt to apply the patch.
     2 people found this helpful

It still doesn't work

Originally Posted by Heimdall_G Go to original post
    Apply the patch contained in Myst5InitFiles.zip, originally available here. This URL is now dead, but if you send me a Private Message including an Email address, I'll send you the file. DO NOT post an Email adress here!

-- README.txt

Thanks a lot, Heimdall, for your assistance but still it doesn't work to me under Windows 10, under Windows XP (service pack 3) compatibility settings. I've downloaded the file and unzipped in the folder of Appdate (of my user account). I'm receiving the same error mistake. Is it perhaps the reason that my notebook isn't correctly set, so the program will run properly, or display card (video card) isn't appropriate.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zh2zktrxmi...47.16.png?dl=0

There you can see my Device Manager settings.

Also, I attach here my display system properties,
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/894bvmk47r...49.39.png?dl=0

and I attach my general system info screen shot link,

I hope it'll shed some light why I can't run Myst V under Windows 10. I'll be really grateful if you assist me through.

Thanks in advance,
    Eduard.

Run the EoA Detection Tool, detectionui_r.exe, default location "C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Cyan Worlds\Myst V End Of Ages\DetectionTool". Are there all green check marks in the Minimum column?

You must replace the existing progress.db, audio.ini, and graphics.ini files with the new ones from Myst5InitFiles.zip. This can be done by individually overwriting/replacing each of the existing progress.db, audio.ini, and graphics.ini files with the new ones from Myst5InitFiles.zip.

Improper drivers

Heimdall,

It seems I don't a direct X 9.0 C and my video drivers are not up to date. Is there some way I can update video drivers for my HP notebook, so the game will run properly. Please, assist me in this issue Heimdall,

I'll be very grateful to you for this. In the previous message I've attached screenshot of device manager and I want to ask if my video built-in card on HP notebook supports running this game software.

Here is the link for the screenshot for the detection tool -

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kelizmc2iq...34.16.png?dl=0

Thanks in advance,
    Heimdall.

You have DirectX 12 installed.
    -- This version is supposed to be backwardly-compatible with DirectX 9.0c, so should not be a problem. Which is good, since as you've discovered, you can't install an earlier DirectX version over DirectX 12.
    -- DirectX 12 may or may not support your Intel HD Graphics 3000 video chipset. This depends on your laptop's hardware and configuration.

In any event, your video drivers must be the latest available. To update your video drivers:
    1. Start with the HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads Find your software and drivers page. Enter your laptop's model number, click on Find my product, and follow the prompts.
    2. You have driver version 9.17.10.4229 currently installed, so look for a later version.

Originally Posted by Heimdall_G Go to original post

-- README.txt

It's not available there. cho.cyan.com seems not to exist any more. Anywhere else I can get the patch?

An updated version of the patch, MystVInitFiles.zip, is available here. This version contains only an init folder, with audio.ini and graphics.ini. To install, copy these two files over the existing versions in your appropriate Myst V folder.

can't set myst V run under windows 10

Hello to you, heimdall

I've download the zip patch file, and copied all files from the zip folderr of it to the myst v folder and under compatiblity windows: chose xp service pack 3, but still can't run myst v under windows 10. The detection tool shows I don't have a compatible direct X version. What also is important - I have a myst V revelation game installed too and it runs properly. Why then older Myst V game won't run? Can somebody help me?

Thanks in advance,
    Eduard.

You have DirectX 12 installed with Win 10, which should be backwardly compatible with older versions of DirectX.

Questions:

1. You say that you have "a myst V revelation game installed". This does not compute, since Myst V is End of Ages, not Revelation. What game do you actually have installed, and which version is it?

2. With Compatibility Mode, have you tried the Windows 98 / Windows Me option and / or the Run as an administrator option?

3. When you ran Compatibility Mode, did you click on Apply / OK before exiting?

4. Did you install Myst V using Compatibility Mode?

5. Which version of Myst V do you have, Limited Edition or...?