🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Crew forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    xXKSP_PlayerXx's Avatar Junior Member
    IMPORTANT NEWS FROM SUPPORT:

....Only took me a solid year to get that response.

TRANSLATED:
    We would also like to inform you that the development of "The Crew" is closed and its very unlikely that any further patches will be made. For The Crew 2 there is still some hope left.

Well they are basically admitting that they won't fix The Crew and aren't sure if they will fix The Crew 2 at all.
    But they aren't going to loose me that easily

Hey all
    my problem got fixed after i switched from win10 home to PRO....
    i tried everthing from reinstalling win10 home like 10x to playing the game on HDD and SSD, i tried playing around with drivers while using win10 home nothing worked.. i literally tried every fix i saw on the fourms nothing helped.
    after installing windows 10 pro the problem goes away for me completely, every texture load, the map loads no stutter in the game.
    i had this problem twice and the only thing that fixed it for me is win10 PRO.
     1 people found this helpful

Hey all
    my problem got fixed after i switched from win10 home to PRO....
    i tried everthing from reinstalling win10 home like 10x to playing the game on HDD and SSD, i tried playing around with drivers while using win10 home nothing worked.. i literally tried every fix i saw on the fourms nothing helped.
    after installing windows 10 pro the problem goes away for me completely, every texture load, the map loads no stutter in the game.
    i had this problem twice and the only thing that fixed it for me is win10 PRO.
    Thats wierd I used to play this on Win10 Pro a while and I had the problem. It didnt go away when i switched to a fresh Win8.1 Pro.

Still Im not gonna reinstall windows for a game.

same ish, different day

really sad to see that after 4 years of complaints from users that this bug still exists.

i really love this game, been having a great time playing, and found a great deal on a complete collection that i was planning on buying 2 copies of,
    one for me and one for my daughter. now im not so sure. game runs flawlessly aside from this bug.

i'm currently on the V8 shiv story mission which is rediculously long. 15 minutes and 35 checkpoints (give or take)
    only to get kicked into a 2nd part where we have to catch and destroy him. which in every attempt at this mission
    i go thru the first long long race only to hit texture glitch in part 2, I hold down B button on controller to return to track
    and the game crashes into a black screen with a never ending loading loop every time.

if the glitch doesnt get fixed i might be fine with that provided the current mission would save progress after the first part,
    and let you resume the second stage after a crash and restart. in its current state it's just unplayable.

20 minutes of replaying the same stage over and over only to crash and have to restart multiple times hoping the next attempt
    wont fail is unacceptable and rediculous.

havent played the crew 2 yet though i'd someday like too, but after seeing this 4 year old issue still not resolved in this game,
    i dont have much faith in buying 2 the crew complete collections or a crew 2. seems like a major waste of time and money.

I suppose i'll probably go and invest in some need for speed games instead.

UbiMorning's Avatar Community Representative
    Hi MiSFiT203. I am sorry to hear that you are still having this issue. I do not see a ticket currently open about this issue under your account. Can you submit a ticket with your MSINFO and dxdiag files attached? Please also make sure to list what troubleshooting you've done so far.

Originally Posted by UbiSailorScout Go to original post
    Hi MiSFiT203. I am sorry to hear that you are still having this issue. I do not see a ticket currently open about this issue under your account. Can you submit a ticket with your MSINFO and dxdiag files attached? Please also make sure to list what troubleshooting you've done so far.
    Sending a report to Support is useless for a multitude of reasons:
    1) Response times were 3 weeks (for me at least)
    2) They came up with troubleshooting I have already tried and told them about.
    3) If you ever get to the end of the support case, they say THAT GAME WON'T BE FIXED.

TRANSLATED:
    We would also like to inform you that the development of "The Crew" is closed and its very unlikely that any further patches will be made. For The Crew 2 there is still some hope left.

I also submitted useful information regarding the case.
    If you ever try to fix this:
    — Issue connected with the operating system (especially Windows 8) (no problem on Windows 10)
    — Issue connected with if you have a controller/steering wheel or just a keyboard+mouse (controller/steering wheel causing trouble)
    — Issue connected with CPU. Older CPUs especially AMD (all the way up to Ryzen) seem to have the problem. (But also some older Intel up to 4th gen)

GO AHEAD AND F*CKING FIX THIS ISSUE FOR THE CREW AND THE CREW 2 !!!!!!!
     1 people found this helpful

Back when I'm finishing this game's story, it's all fine back in 2018, never had any crashing issues. My spec was:

Ryzen 3 2200G
    B350M Motherboard
    2x4GB DDR4 RAM
    RX 460 4GB (sometimes using Vega 8 IGP and it's still fine)
    1TB HDD
    Windows 10 (forgot about Pro/Home, I guess it's Home)
    Newest drivers back then (18.5.1)

Now I'm using an older spec:

Phenom II X4 940
    785G Motherboard
    2x4GB DDR2 RAM
    R7 360 2GB
    120GB SSD + 320GB HDD (the game are installed on SSD)
    Windows 10 Home
    19.9.2 driver (a.k.a. latest)

Now I experienced this issue too. Yes I can use "back to/on track" feature, but there's something new.

I'm using 5:4 monitor and play this game using Borderless window. Now when changing settings, there's usually a short freeze when I confirm my settings. Sometimes, it's crashing this way. It's so bad that I had to restart my PC.

Played both games through Steam.

I'm sad about this game, it has so much potential. If the game made right without always-online and some other things, it'll be a masterpiece. Now it's pretty much dead because primarily the always-online nature of the game.

It's heartbreaking.

Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    To xXKSP_PlayerXx - thank you for taking the time to contact our support, and for providing as much information as possible about the issues you were experiencing. It is always worth contacting us, for us to try and help you troubleshoot the issues you are experiencing - but unfortunately if development has ceased for a game, as with The Crew, we are limited in what further action we can take.

To WizARDUPlay - thank you for sharing your insight, and welcome to the Ubisoft Forums!

It is saddening to hear that you feel this way about the game, and that you have experienced crashes / freezes while playing it. Did you ever submit a support case for us to investigate this?

Additionally, did any of our basic PC troubleshooting steps help you with this issue? What additional troubleshooting did you / have you performed to try and address the issues you were experiencing?

Hi guys. Recently I got such a glitch in the summit I also tried different methods, I did not solve the problem, but who cannot finish the race, you can just press esc, before the glitch, and wait a little, I first pressed many times before the bug, but perhaps once is enough. In general, this way you can drive a track with a glitch without wasting time, without resetting the car.

translator

Ubi-Karl's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by OVERLOADzZZ Go to original post
    Hi guys. Recently I got such a glitch in the summit I also tried different methods, I did not solve the problem, but who cannot finish the race, you can just press esc, before the glitch, and wait a little, I first pressed many times before the bug, but perhaps once is enough. In general, this way you can drive a track with a glitch without wasting time, without resetting the car.

translator
    Hey OVERLOADzZZ, thanks for reaching out and apologies about the delayed response from our team.

I understand your query is in relation to The Crew 2 and this particular forum section is dedicated to the first title of the game - The Crew, therefore click here to access The Crew 2 forums, let us know a little more about the issue you're having, such as what happens as you're attempting to finish the race, and we will be more than happy to look into it!