🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    jellejackhammer's Avatar Member

So. the General of the Cross...

guys am i the only one who's speculating who the general of the cross could be?(you know the true master of the MD templars)

i always thought that alan could be him afterall,but i realized it would interfere with the general's anonymity.

the fact that the inner sanctum doesn't even know who it is,is what really catches my attention.

with all the sage stuff and knowing ubisoft ways, it wouldn't suprise me if it was someone related to the first civ...

or a instrument of the first will?

maybe we have seen him/her already without knowing his/her role?

what do you think people?

It's William Miles...

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    It's William Miles...
    Wait, how do we know that?

now that would be a ubisoft style twist

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    That rank is two above Grand Master and we don't know the name of any Grand Masters in MD, we know there exist 6. If that is all of them is another case, it will take decades to get to the General of the Cross. Plus we have nothing to speculate with.

Originally Posted by Hans684 Go to original post
    That rank is two above Grand Master and we don't know the name of any Grand Masters in MD, we know there exist 6. If that is all of them is another case, it will take decades to get to the General of the Cross. Plus we have nothing to speculate with.
    Yeah i understand it's way to early for that but that rank alone in the concept of the MD is something that has to involve a twist knowing Ubisoft. Now that violet is revealed to be a instrument of the first Will that fast after introducing her in rogue,i feel that we might get more templar member insight rather sooner in the games you know

AdrianJacek's Avatar Member
    Remember that Top Secret message from the Truth files from Brotherhood?
    https://youtu.be/z6-QFWok9Oc?t=36m20s
    You think that was a Grand Master or the General of the Cross? It seems to me it was a message for the Grand Master that was chosen to be the new General.

Originally Posted by AdrianJacek Go to original post
    Remember that Top Secret message from the Truth files from Brotherhood?
    https://youtu.be/z6-QFWok9Oc?t=36m20s
    You think that was a Grand Master or the General of the Cross? It seems to me it was a message for the Grand Master that was chosen to be the new General.
    The messager was the former general possibly informing the current general about his duty for the order. (I think) It's very intresting that they already crafted that possible character in such a manner. Wonder if ubi has already crafted the ending of the entire MD aswell?

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    Wait, how do we know that?
    I am guessing. Logically, if you are going to make a mystery out of General of the Cross and he's a character we may have met before and he's not anyone from Abstergo then for maximum shock value it has to be someone unexpected yet familiar...William Miles fits perfectly. It's either William Miles or he's a new guy.

Of course, I'd take a third option...I'd make the General of the Cross is actually some historical figure who faked his death and is still alive...like say Adolf Hitler, they really did save his brain, or Richard Nixon, maybe Lee Harvey Oswald and the final boss is a Sniper Boss Battle as Oswald tries to prove that he really did kill Kennedy.

But William Miles always struck me as being potentially a Deep Cover Templar. Isn't it suspicious that two Templars (Lucy and Daniel Cross) entered the Assassins under his watch? There's also Lucy being turned into a Templar on his watch (a hasty Retcon but part of lore now). He's also got a manipulative streak to him, he's very cold and aloof so you can't accuse him of naivete either. And there's also the fact that the purge of the Assassins benefited him, now he's the big guy in charge of the Assassins. Also isn't it suspicious that William Miles was captured by Abstergo and treated very well. You can say that William Miles and Alan Rikkin are running this elaborate two-man con game on both Abstergo and the Assassins, creating a sense that these two are opponents when actually they are part of the same coin.

It's also a cliche you know...you see this in Snowpiercer, you see this in Matrix as well, also Harry Potter the supposedly wise Mentor figure was actually lying and manipulating the hero and the hero's triumph and resistance was another measure of control.

Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    I am guessing. Logically, if you are going to make a mystery out of General of the Cross and he's a character we may have met before and he's not anyone from Abstergo then for maximum shock value it has to be someone unexpected yet familiar...William Miles fits perfectly. It's either William Miles or he's a new guy.

Of course, I'd take a third option...I'd make the General of the Cross is actually some historical figure who faked his death and is still alive...like say Adolf Hitler, they really did save his brain, or Richard Nixon, maybe Lee Harvey Oswald and the final boss is a Sniper Boss Battle as Oswald tries to prove that he really did kill Kennedy.

But William Miles always struck me as being potentially a Deep Cover Templar. Isn't it suspicious that two Templars (Lucy and Daniel Cross) entered the Assassins under his watch? There's also Lucy being turned into a Templar on his watch (a hasty Retcon but part of lore now). He's also got a manipulative streak to him, he's very cold and aloof so you can't accuse him of naivete either. And there's also the fact that the purge of the Assassins benefited him, now he's the big guy in charge of the Assassins. Also isn't it suspicious that William Miles was captured by Abstergo and treated very well. You can say that William Miles and Alan Rikkin are running this elaborate two-man con game on both Abstergo and the Assassins, creating a sense that these two are opponents when actually they are part of the same coin.

It's also a cliche you know...you see this in Snowpiercer, you see this in Matrix as well, also Harry Potter the supposedly wise Mentor figure was actually lying and manipulating the hero and the hero's triumph and resistance was another measure of control.
    plus that he inducted bishop very sudden aswell,why induct someone without giving your team an explanation on who she is and where she came from?
    why trust a person that doesn't want to tell anything about his/herself?
    very shady indeed