🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
  1. #11
    Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The city between the seven mountains
    Posts
    3,658
    Originally Posted by jellejackhammer Go to original post
    Yeah i understand it's way to early for that but that rank alone in the concept of the MD is something that has to involve a twist knowing Ubisoft.
    And like VL4 said, it needs a shock value. William don't exactly have a clean slate so he's an obvious pic, from our view but this GotC has someone working between him and the Grand Masters and Rikkin. GotC has Guardians, messangers to give his orders, wether he approve their plans or not. Seeing as GotC is a ghost so far it fits better to give the position to someone too clean and too powerful considering that person has no trace other Guardians and control the Grand Masters and Abstergo along with every division. That person is everywhere and nowhere, William isn't.

    Now that violet is revealed to be a instrument of the first Will that fast after introducing her in rogue,i feel that we might get more templar member insight rather sooner in the games you know
    Before we reach the GotC we have to stop the Phoenix Project and Juno. Then there is building power and foothold for themselves along with making Sigma Team a smaller treat, including Otso who's been hunting and killing Assassins himself. However those are the lower parts of this system, they can be replaced. Then there is the Inner Sactum with England mostly calling the shots, taker her out and the control of the second layer of this system is crippled seeing as a leader would be gone. Then there is the bigger fishes like Alan and the current 6 Grand Masters, simply killing them off won't lead them directly to the GotC, what's needed is to capture a Guardian visiting 1 of those 7 people and get the needed intel any way they see fit. Once the GotC is revealed or something to lead us to him. Then Alan and the GM's can go as the connection to the General of the Cross is made. The GotC would be on the map, ready to get assassinated but considering the high position that person gave it will require more than a blade. It's a complex system. Better than anything done by any previous Grand Master before present day.
    Share this post

  2. #12
    ACZanius's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mount Olympus
    Posts
    207
    Is it possible that the "General Of The Cross" is not human? Maybe some first civilization entity? I just really want to go after these people in gameplay type of way, 3rd person action modern day but nvm last one 2 other threads currently running about that.
    Share this post

  3. #13
    jellejackhammer's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    346
    Originally Posted by ACZanius Go to original post
    Is it possible that the "General Of The Cross" is not human? Maybe some first civilization entity? I just really want to go after these people in gameplay type of way, 3rd person action modern day but nvm last one 2 other threads currently running about that.
    it has to be someone very complicated.the fact that not a single templar of the inner sanctum knows him/her.
    the guardian's sole purpose is to deliver messages and show plans to the general,never stated that it was a face to face meetup.
    the network of members and subclasses are so mindbending to go trough that it seems a very vast and long term phase to create the order as we know today.
    why such a renovation of the order to that extend?it seems to make the order stronger then ever yes,but it also must be a way to secure the secrecy of the general.
    looking at all the ranks created in the modern tim and it almost seems they went to a complete overhaul for a deeper purpose.
    a purpose only 3 people know about.
    i didn't create this threas to speculate when we will see who it is but more as to give other fans a deeper outlook on this possibilty that the order might not be what we think it is.
    Share this post

  4. #14
    ACZanius's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Mount Olympus
    Posts
    207
    Originally Posted by jellejackhammer Go to original post
    it has to be someone very complicated.the fact that not a single templar of the inner sanctum knows him/her.
    the guardian's sole purpose is to deliver messages and show plans to the general,never stated that it was a face to face meetup.
    the network of members and subclasses are so mindbending to go trough that it seems a very vast and long term phase to create the order as we know today.
    why such a renovation of the order to that extend?it seems to make the order stronger then ever yes,but it also must be a way to secure the secrecy of the general.
    looking at all the ranks created in the modern tim and it almost seems they went to a complete overhaul for a deeper purpose.
    a purpose only 3 people know about.
    i didn't create this threas to speculate when we will see who it is but more as to give other fans a deeper outlook on this possibilty that the order might not be what we think it is.

    I guess in time we will know, damn i'm so stoked for modern day and whole AC after Syndicate, really set wheels rolling again, there is definitely something more deeper and sinister in play here with what is going on with MD Templars and Juno's upcoming take over or whatever it happens.
    Share this post

  5. #15
    Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The city between the seven mountains
    Posts
    3,658
    Originally Posted by ACZanius Go to original post
    Is it possible that the "General Of The Cross" is not human?
    Depends, has there always been a GotC? For that to work it must be someone from the First Civ who support their ideology.

    Maybe some first civilization entity?
    The Father Of Understanding?

    I just really want to go after these people in gameplay type of way, 3rd person action modern day but nvm last one 2 other threads currently running about that.
    I'd rather play on both sides in both history and present day.
    Share this post

  6. #16
    jellejackhammer's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    346
    [QUOTE=Hans684;11146387]Depends, has there always been a GotC? For that to work it must be someone from the First Civ who support their ideology.
    no that rank was created when they invented abstergo industries around the 1930's i believe.
    Share this post

  7. #17
    Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    The city between the seven mountains
    Posts
    3,658
    Originally Posted by jellejackhammer Go to original post
    no that rank was created when they invented abstergo industries around the 1930's i believe.
    So either an old man or they change General's from time to time but considering nobody except the Guardians can contact the GotC, then I'm guessing each GotC chooses their own successor. Only way the others can't know.
    Share this post

  8. #18

    Mhhhh

    As far as i understood at somepoint when teh templers got smarter, ther Split the Grandmaster inter the Elders, the iner senctrum and teh General of the cross( i hope i havnt forgotten any) so that its easyer and faste rto rebuild ! BUT i belive if teh assasions woudl assasinat the general , the templars would fall wich is why tehr kep him a secret
    Share this post

  9. #19
    Originally Posted by jellejackhammer Go to original post
    guys am i the only one who's speculating who the general of the cross could be?(you know the true master of the MD templars)

    i always thought that alan could be him afterall,but i realized it would interfere with the general's anonymity.

    the fact that the inner sanctum doesn't even know who it is,is what really catches my attention.

    with all the sage stuff and knowing ubisoft ways, it wouldn't suprise me if it was someone related to the first civ...

    or a instrument of the first will?

    maybe we have seen him/her already without knowing his/her role?

    what do you think people?
    Well at least we know Berg is the Black Cross.
    Share this post

  10. #20
    Sorrosyss's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    The Grey
    Posts
    1,272
    Originally Posted by VestigialLlama4 Go to original post
    It's William Miles...
    There's actually a pretty convincing theory on this. The comics have started to touch on it too now.
    Share this post