Assassin_M's Avatar AC Expert

AC I unused audio files

Well, it looks like AC II wasn't the birthplace for cool one liners after an assassination in the Assassin's native language.

https://soundcloud.com/allsoundsassc...-assassination

"Not all that we wish is easy to obtain"

https://soundcloud.com/allsoundsassc...ination-hidden (This one's pronunciation is a little rough, I don't know why)

"Souls are sacrificed for the sake of liberty"

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member

Was that only found recently?

Originally Posted by ze_topazio Go to original post

Was that only found recently?
    Surprisingly, it was found 8 months ago.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    8 years to find, better hidden than an Assassin.

Yet another reason to ask why Ubi made Philip Shahbaz use an American accent in AC1.

Originally Posted by Consus_E Go to original post
    Yet another reason to ask why Ubi made Philip Shahbaz use an American accent in AC1.
    Because one fake accent is no better than another fake accent.

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    Because one fake accent is no better than another fake accent.
    At least one would have been authentic... One of things that made the Ezio trilogy cool was the fact that they tried (and I really do mean TRIED) to have authentic Italian accents. It made the setting and characters feel more distinct from other games. Altair having an American accent doesn't even make sense in the context of the game, the other characters sounded much more appropriate. And don't get me started on Unity!

Originally Posted by Consus_E Go to original post
    At least one would have been authentic... One of things that made the Ezio trilogy cool was the fact that they tried (and I really do mean TRIED) to have authentic Italian accents. It made the setting and characters feel more distinct from other games. Altair having an American accent doesn't even make sense in the context of the game, the other characters sounded much more appropriate. And don't get me started on Unity!
    But authentic in what sense? In the sense of what a non-middle easterner THINKS a middle easterner should sound like? Why exactly? Lets examine the context of accents: They're distinctive modes of pronunciation. Would an Italian have "an Italian accent" if he's speaking Italian? Would an Arab have an Arabic accent if he's speaking Arabic?

A Middle Eastern accent is no more authentic for Altair than an American accent. It shouldn't make a difference what accent is being spoken if the language is not English -- What should matter is the actor's mastery of the language of the Assassin. Your preference not withstanding, you can say that having a middle eastern accent is your preference, but it's simply NOT authentic. Phillip Shahbaz and his American accent are 1000% more authentic than Cas Anvar and his cringy middle eastern accent. Phillip can actually speak the language.

I-Like-Pie45's Avatar Senior Member
    Da Iron Sheik shoulda voiced Altair. Meatloaf lemonade, dis aint no joke.

Originally Posted by Assassin_M Go to original post
    But authentic in what sense? In the sense of what a non-middle easterner THINKS a middle easterner should sound like? Why exactly? Lets examine the context of accents: They're distinctive modes of pronunciation. Would an Italian have "an Italian accent" if he's speaking Italian? Would an Arab have an Arabic accent if he's speaking Arabic?

A Middle Eastern accent is no more authentic for Altair than an American accent. It shouldn't make a difference what accent is being spoken if the language is not English -- What should matter is the actor's mastery of the language of the Assassin. Your preference not withstanding, you can say that having a middle eastern accent is your preference, but it's simply NOT authentic. Phillip Shahbaz and his American accent are 1000% more authentic than Cas Anvar and his cringy middle eastern accent. Phillip can actually speak the language.
    Fair points. I'm inclined to agree.