thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    I'm a big fan of classic rock and I guess what the OP is calling "middle of the road" rock, but what's weird is I don't feel it's underrepresented at all in the game. I mean, just look at the list that Jarred rattled off. That's a ton of music that should be right in OP's wheelhouse. I hate metal, but I'd be more inclined to say that it's metal that's underrepresented in the game.

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    I say we need more Jazz, Prog Rock and Reggae! But over all I've been pleasantly surprised by the variety of music in Rocksmith, good job guys.

jazz and reggae would be outstanding, + more blues

flynlion's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by oldgeezer99 Go to original post
    jazz and reggae would be outstanding, + more blues
    I hate to break it to ya Geezer, but Jazz aint yer basic 3 chord Rock n Roll. Sooner or later yer gonna have to get comfortable with different tunings if you really wanna swing

If you want to play reggae then download the sublime pack.

tru, sublime is fun w/good reggae beat, mon

While I agree with the sentiment, I also realize that us old guys are the VAST minority of people that play video games (and, therefore, Rocksmith). I will disagree, however, with the sentiment of 60's and say that, as the supreme owner of Rocksmith, I decree that Ubi needs ALL TEH HARE BANZZZZZ!!! I just know that every 4 or 5 weeks, I'll probably be really excited for a DLC. The other weeks, I have PLENTY of stuff to work on. Like "Hysteria" on the X1, which was fixed this weekend...

I think the real key is, like Jarred said, not confusing "music I like" with "music that Rocksmith should add". I'll just be content to pee my pants when Ubi announces Tom Petty pack 2 and not before that day.

Originally Posted by thoman23 Go to original post
    I'm a big fan of classic rock and I guess what the OP is calling "middle of the road" rock, but what's weird is I don't feel it's underrepresented at all in the game. I mean, just look at the list that Jarred rattled off. That's a ton of music that should be right in OP's wheelhouse. I hate metal, but I'd be more inclined to say that it's metal that's underrepresented in the game.
    I'd actually agree with this - at least, judging from internet comments. I think that with all the different sub genres of metal, it will take a lot longer (if ever) to get something from some of the lesser known (to most of us) genres...

I think the coverage of Classic rock (excluding hair bands) is pretty amazing from Ubi. Every time we see a hint for some type of classic, I think "What else is left?" Then, when it's figured out, I'm like "Oh yeah, I forgot about them..."

Originally Posted by oldgeezer99 Go to original post

Best music was 60s-80s. modern stuff mostly stinks in comparison. truth. Oldies/classics are much better, musically.

The following is a list artists and bands disproves the "mostly" moniker. Musically speaking, these are all high quality acts. Especially if compared to radio-friendly artists

Keb' Mo'
    Joe Bonamassa
    Paul Gilbert
    Mr. Big
    Steven Wilson
    Porcupine Tree
    Guthrie Govan
    The Aristocrats
    Richie Kotzen
    Winery Dogs
    Eric Clapton is still putting out albums
    Beck
    Joe Satriani
    Steve Vai
    Streetlight Manifesto
    A Willhelm Scream
    Watership Down (also goes by Atomship)
    Intervals
    Rush is still writing albums
    Slash
    Sylosis
    Battlecross
    Pearl Jam

My point being, if you think most music from the 90's and on "isn't good", you are sadly very ill informed, and missing out on some fantastic music!!!

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    Time to close this up before the song requests start getting too specific.

Use the request app to request songs.

Use the general request forum to discuss music.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234