The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    I don't really enjoy the old farts music these guys are talking about, but I would like to see more of it! There is a progression and evolution in style that is part of 60's and 70 classic Rock. I can't play my pop punk or Metal if don't have a grounding in the past.

I caught the Hives and AC/DC last weekend. I have never seen AC/DC, in fact, their music is kinda lame, but my mind was literally destroyed by 40 years of rock experience. Walked in laughing about how AC/DC should be supporting the Hives. Walked out thinking a band like the Hives who I really love are actually lame.

I was Schooled!!!!!

Anyway - I support oldies!

good points Jarred, and the bands you listed are Perfect examples of the type I like the most in RS:

"...the Cars, and the Doors, and Fleetwood Mac, and Bob Dylan, and Bill Withers, and Santana, and CCR, and Kansas, and Queen, and Boston, and Blondie, and Pat Benatar, and Bon Jovi, and Billy Idol, and Foreigner, and Survivor, Rick Springfield,, and Duran Duran, and and Foghat and lots of other "middle-of-the-road" type stuff"

more of those quality and type would be great. And for the younger people, those bands are much better than recent stuff anyways, like that song says (Huey Lewis?) "today's music ain't got the same soul" or whatever

AC/DC rocks, it would be great to see "Thunderstruck" or "Back in Black"

Best music was 60s-80s. modern stuff mostly stinks in comparison. truth. Oldies/classics are much better, musically.

I'm really glad RS has a variety, including many great classics, thx RS.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    What a great post, you assume that older music is better than newer music for younger people, because reasons!
    You state your opinion as fact
    you don't even know that Bob Seger sings the song you quote, must be too busy to google being a CEO or whatever

Stang616's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by oldgeezer99 Go to original post
    good points Jarred, and the bands you listed are Perfect examples of the type I like the most in RS:

"...the Cars, and the Doors, and Fleetwood Mac, and Bob Dylan, and Bill Withers, and Santana, and CCR, and Kansas, and Queen, and Boston, and Blondie, and Pat Benatar, and Bon Jovi, and Billy Idol, and Foreigner, and Survivor, Rick Springfield,, and Duran Duran, and and Foghat and lots of other "middle-of-the-road" type stuff"

more of those quality and type would be great. And for the younger people, those bands are much better than recent stuff anyways, like that song says (Huey Lewis?) "today's music ain't got the same soul" or whatever

Best music was 60s-80s. modern stuff mostly stinks in comparison. truth. Oldies/classics are much better, musically.

That was Bob Seger "Old Time Rock and Roll," another artist we are sadly missing from Rocksmith. I'd love to see some AC/DC as well, but I do not see it happening anytime soon.

Your opinion about modern music is exactly that, an opinion, and not a fact as you state. I am a younger person, I am assuming this as well, and I like classic rock and new stuff. It's all a matter of opinion, which in your case is rather biased and close minded.

I mostly agree, but we do have a lot of the same kind of splendid musicians today as well, they just tend to hide in extreme metal, like Opeth, Between the buried and me, and Haken, to mention a few. But also some non-extreme metal like Porcupine tree, who seems to be "modern 70-music"

But to answer the topic, Like other have pointed out, if you look after a special genre, you'll always find that it is outnumbered by "others". So I'm very glad to hear JarredMcAdams
    " state that "On any given week, a lot people might be unhappy with the release, but over time, everybody will get their turn. "

It's all personal taste, what people like you always seem to forget is that there was just as much garbage in the 60's-80's as there is now. If you spend a bit of time looking for music in today's era instead of being fed the junk major labels are giving out, you might be surprised with what you can find.

Merganzer's Avatar Member
    As a 34 year old that loves classic rock and listens to more music written before I was born than after, to say that today's music is crap by comparison is folly. If it doesn't suit your tastes, fine that's a legitimate reason. That doesn't mean that it isn't good or as good. I listen to many different genres and the diversity in my album catalog has only grown since picking up Rocksmith. Each week I look forward to the DLC announcement knowing that I may not like the music or songs that are about to be released, but I always at least give them a look to see if it would be something I'd be interested in. Sometimes I'm surprised and buy something that I didn't think I would otherwise and I enjoy playing it. Sometimes, I get a song that I may love but am bored out of my mind while playing it. It goes both ways and I'm a better player for trying things that are outside of my comfort zone. I for one, appreciate the wide variety of DLC. I may not be interested in it, but somebody else is and I'm completely fine with that.

Stoopid_Trippin's Avatar Member
    There is still plenty of good music being made everyday. If all you do is listen to the radio, all your going to hear most of the time is, crap. Try leaving your house and going to your local ventue/bar, or even a few towns over if you have to. On a weekly basis I meet amazing new bands that blow the bands on the radio out of the water. Its all really prefrence, but if you believe there is no new good music, your probley just lazy and don't want to go out and do the work to find new music. Why not check out some of the local bands from here in florida. Junkierush,Morning Fatty and Supervillians.

randomas's Avatar Senior Member
    Talking about under served genres, is there any jazz/jazzy dlc? The RS team xmass and bachsmith packs (thanks guys you're the best!) had a couple of jazzy compositions , but other than that and the jazz chord progression lesson in the lessons section I think that's just about it. Did I miss anything?

this is kind of beside the point but from rocksmith i have discovered that some of my favourite bands are not enjoyable to play and the opposite. some bands turn out just as expected but i like to try everything, after all i am here to learn guitar .. not just songs i like. but thats just my method.