1. #1

    Build Residence or Residence Complex ?

    After unlocking resident complex should I build residence or residence complex or which one is better.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    As far as I know it equals the same, 4 small one = 1 big one. I might be wrong though, I always build the big ones after I unlock em, easier to manage It could perhaps be that you need the big ones to upgrade to the very latest upgrade though, not sure about that either.
    Share this post

  3. #3
    grod4L's Avatar Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    13
    Yeah I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. The smaller ones are useful for filling in little gaps that the big ones can't.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    6 of one, half a dozen of the other really.

    in other words it doesn't matter if you have 4 small one's or one big one, they house the same. I prefer big complexes if you have the space, as they said above small are useful for filling gaps
    Share this post

  5. #5
    (Havn't played yet) I believe the complexes are just a little more efficient space-wise, if you include roads. | R R | R R | vs | C C | would be same population but require 1 tile less of road.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Joseph_SLC Go to original post
    (Havn't played yet) I believe the complexes are just a little more efficient space-wise, if you include roads. | R R | R R | vs | C C | would be same population but require 1 tile less of road.
    Nah, it's the same amount of space too

    It's 2x2 or 8x8
    Share this post

  7. #7
    I saw a video on youtube that spelled it out - if you hover on on a residence/bulding, you get info on income, and the complexes are better. Not much, but it adds up.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Wintermist Go to original post
    Nah, it's the same amount of space too

    It's 2x2 or 8x8

    It is definitely not the same amount of space. Using the complexes you can have roads as far away as the length of 2 of them with none in between. Thats 12 tiles between roads. Using the standard residences, that would fail, because the inner two rows of them would have no road access. Roads also cost upkeep, so the complexes indirectly are better due to reduced need for infrastructure.


    |xxx xxx| vs |XXXXXX XXXXXX|
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by guest-VbNLOCfm Go to original post
    It is definitely not the same amount of space. Using the complexes you can have roads as far away as the length of 2 of them with none in between. Thats 12 tiles between roads. Using the standard residences, that would fail, because the inner two rows of them would have no road access. Roads also cost upkeep, so the complexes indirectly are better due to reduced need for infrastructure.


    |xxx xxx| vs |XXXXXX XXXXXX|
    The hell are you talking about? Roads don't cost upkeep, and how you build the residences for efficiency has nothing to do with the actual question.

    4 small ones take up the same space as 1 big one, and they give you the same amount of people. How you build with them isn't what we talked about. You are right that a double row of big ones are more efficient.

    But again, roads don't cost upkeep, and if I'm miraculously wrong about that, where do I see that it does?
    Share this post

  10. #10
    I exclusively build res. complexes if I can, and fill in the gaps with houses. You save a little space as only one side needs to touch a road. It is like the equivalent of 4 consecutive rows of res. houses without the road in between.
    Share this post