🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Ezios_Axe's Avatar Senior Member

XBOX ONE Enumerating DLC, Controller Sleep & DLC Issues

Let me start by saying that without RS I wouldn't be able to play nearly as well as I do. My daughter and I play together nearly every day and that is a gift I can't put a price on. She knows and loves great classic music she wouldn't have been exposed to otherwise and we have great quality time together. I hope RS lives on a great many years and only improves upon the experience. If you keep making games and DLC I will keep buying them for years to come.

Having said that the XB1 version of the game is unacceptably broken without some workarounds I use. The enumerating DLC, controller sleep and lack of DLC transferring from 360 to XB1 are not new issues but they keep getting buried in the XB1 issues thread. These problems greatly impact the playability of the game. This thread isn't here really to rehash all of that only to bump the issues to the top of conversation hopefully in a meaningful way. Support tickets have been filed by many users but we could do with a little more transparency on the fixes being done for us who have essentially bought the same game twice whether that is out of loyalty or the desire to simply cut ties with the 360. I know that the fix for some on at least the controller thing is uninstalling the game but doing that and then reinstalling a couple hundred individual DLC songs with what seems like a low success rate seems like an undesirable thing to do.

For me I don't care if the actual fix is tomorrow or 6 weeks away but it would be good to know that it is out there and coming. Please give us some transparency on the fix/patch process. If it is a situation in which we don't know when it will be fixed that is fine too but an open line of communication would be great. To compare to 343's huge debacle with Master Chief Collection being broken at launch last November it was a huge problem but I appreciated the flow of updates and communication that came from those guys. I felt like they made the situation right as best they could after the fact. The broken nature of AC Unity also resulted in a constant flow of updates from Ubisoft and free DLC. Those guys did a great job. Unless I am missing them I am not seeing those kind of updates on these issues for RS. I feel like the problems have been buried to a certain extent.

Every couple of weeks I go and try to download the DLC that I have already purchased and I am usually rewarded with another song or two (which shows me someone is doing something. Kudos to that guy.) but I am still out over a hundred dollars in music that I was promised would be available to me should I jump over to XB1. I guess the bottom line is that this is a great game and we have a great community here. Dan is excellent. The streams are a ton of fun. I feel like the devs are open on every possible issue they can be except this one. Once again if there is a solid stream of communication please point me that way and if I have missed it somehow please accept my apology. A little more communication as to what is going on would go a long way. I haven't seen it here or on Studio SF's twitter and nearly 2.5 months after launch it would be great to be able to follow along the progress.

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Well said.

Regular updates would be good, not just "spoke to MS and they say they're working on it" which has been going
    on for three months now. I can live with that though, yes it's annoying that nothing seems to be happening, but the real deal-breaker is the Enumerating thing. 5-15 minutes waiting every time you start the game is ridiculous and that's not anything to do with MS, but we've had no updates at all about it and Ubisoft support continue to ignore support tickets about it.

At times I wish the game was rubbish so I could just uninstall it and forget about it, but it's testament to just how good it is that we put up with all this stuff!

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    This forum will have all your Xbox One DLC answers.

Thanks rcole.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Ezios_Axe Go to original post
    The enumerating DLC, controller sleep and lack of DLC transferring from 360 to XB1 are not new issues but they keep getting buried in the XB1 issues thread.
    The enumerating DLC issue is one we have tried to replicate in mutliple offices on multiple retail units without luck. What you are experiencing, we cannot experience, despite trying -- and we can't make it happen, we can't trace the cause. We are asking MS for their wisdom.

The controller goes to sleep after a set period of inactivity. This is part of the Xbox One requirements for all games. If you don't want it to go to sleep, use a USB cable and keep it plugged in (any USB micro cable will do; I use one from Monoprice). The patch fixed a problem where a controller sleep state crashed the game. That behavior should no longer be happening -- but we cannot override Microsoft's own rules about how the Xbox One controllers should behave.

The 360 DLC to X1 entitlements are being looked at by Microsof't's engineer. There's an expert on their end and now that we have been escalated, that expert is on the case. That expert isn't done yet, so there's no incremental updates in-between.
     1 people found this helpful

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Ezios_Axe Go to original post
    The enumerating DLC, controller sleep and lack of DLC transferring from 360 to XB1 are not new issues but they keep getting buried in the XB1 issues thread.
    The enumerating DLC issue is one we have tried to replicate in mutliple offices on multiple retail units without luck. What you are experiencing, we cannot experience, despite trying -- and we can't make it happen, we can't trace the cause. We are asking MS for their wisdom.

The controller goes to sleep after a set period of inactivity. This is part of the Xbox One requirements for all games. If you don't want it to go to sleep, use a USB cable and keep it plugged in (any USB micro cable will do; I use one from Monoprice). The patch fixed a problem where a controller sleep state crashed the game. That behavior should no longer be happening -- but we cannot override Microsoft's own rules about how the Xbox One controllers should behave.

The 360 DLC to X1 entitlements are being looked at by Microsof't's engineer. There's an expert on their end and now that we have been escalated, that expert is on the case. That expert isn't done yet, so there's no incremental updates in-between.
     1 people found this helpful

The sleep issue is at the bottom of the pile IMO. I usually just hit one of the buttons on it every couple of songs.

I really do appreciate the update Dan. A little about me. I am in real estate sales. Sometimes selling a house can take a long time. Sometimes nothing is going on. Every single one of my customers is always appreciative when I call every week especially when nothing is going on. Frankly those are probably the times they appreciate it most. They don't feel forgotten.

Being told there is someone working on the issue every once in a while even if we are still facing a wait would be great if it could happen. I don't need to see the guy's work log. Just knowing that help is coming means something.

Also if there is anything we as users being impacted by the problem can do to help please say so. Want me to twitch stream my problems for you? Will do. Want to know every detail about my xbox and the games I have on there? Fine. Maybe there is a weird common thread with everyone having an issue that you aren't reproducing in your offices.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

I don't think the controller going to sleep is the issue, it's that it pauses the game when it does. The 360 controller goes to sleep as well, but it never interrupted the game. When I watch netflix, the controller goes to sleep, but it doesn't pause the movie. Can microsoft give you guys the same permissions that it gives the video players? I could care less if I have to wake the controller up after I play for an hour, I do hate having to stop playing mid-song to wake the controller up. A wired controller isn't a great option for me. Between dogs, children, friends who don't pay attention, etc... a wired controller trips someone up or gets yanked out of the console. I guess I just don't understand why it wasn't an issue on the 360, but is now?

Goooner1's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks for the update Dan, at least it feels less like we're being fobbed off with a generic "we're working on it" every couple of weeks.

Is there anybody with the One version that's not getting long delays Enumerating? Seems odd that you guys can't replicate it. Even though the network traffic light flickers away like mad on my router while it's doing it, and when switching between songs, unplugging it from the network before loading the gane seems to make little, if any difference.

I wonder if the One February update, which is just going live will affect anything?

Originally Posted by Goooner1 Go to original post
    Thanks for the update Dan, at least it feels less like we're being fobbed off with a generic "we're working on it" every couple of weeks.

Is there anybody with the One version that's not getting long delays Enumerating? Seems odd that you guys can't replicate it. Even though the network traffic light flickers away like mad on my router while it's doing it, and when switching between songs, unplugging it from the network before loading the gane seems to make little, if any difference.

I wonder if the One February update, which is just going live will affect anything?
    Nope, didn't affect anything. Still takes over 3 minutes to enumerate my content. I did notice today that the size of my xbone rocksmith file is 8.5gig, while my 360 rocksmith file is around 70 meg, that's with over twice the dlc. So clearly the xbone files are larger, but it still shouldn't take that long to validate a license.

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... Last ►►