C185445's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Daskis Go to original post
    Well i remember when i bought dlc had the same issue, that was some time ago and its still not fixed, with really shows how much UBISOFT cares about customers.

Anyway while this solution works, I have other issue... I dont have cdkey anymore and now I have two lovely options, first is to buy game and DLC again so i can enter cdkeys or just to crack game and play offline, because while game is in my librery, i can download it and press play it just lunch then says it have to install DLC and then updater just stop working, if i change autopatcher then it ask me for cdkey.

If it was STEAM game, even if such thing would happen i could always check my cdkey and then enter it, ofc that whole situation is absurd in it self since if you have game in your library in first place that means you bought the game so why asking for cdkey?

Well wanted to play it a bit again before new ANNO but after what i see i wounder if i should buy it in first place since it will aslo required UPLAY and so far my experiece with it is very negative and I dont see UBISOFT change its policy anytime soon, if you make DRM like UPLAY at lest make sure it works and its not hutring customers.

All i have to say is, its really sad when its easier to download game from torrents then crack it, rather then actualy buy a game and then find a way to make it work, this should never be the case... (this is about patcher issue not cdkey, thats completly diffrent problem)

Thats my small rant about how i cant play game i bought becase UPLAY is such a awsome thing
    The post I'm replying to is old but I wanted to write this in case it could help someone else browsing for help here or Google.

I also wanted to recover my Anno 2070 CD key as I may buy a new PC soon and I was worried I'd be asked again to activate my game with the CD key.

I don't understand why Anno 2070 is missing a "show key" button where all the other games have it. As with Anno 1404, this one:
    http://i.imgur.com/LUBXZNl.jpg

No button for 2070 (with Deep Ocean):
    http://i.imgur.com/FucGuiU.jpg

But considering Steam, I went to my Ubisoft order history just in case my CD Key was there and it appears empty for some reason lol Not a single game. With Steam I can check the games I purchased in 2008 with all their activaction keys but with uPlay I cannot even check the games I bought in 2014.

But back to the CD KEY issue, there is a place anyway where you can find all your CD Keys including even Anno 2070.

Click "Account Information" ON YOUR UPLAY CLIENT (my account management page doesn't display any game anywhere as far as nowadays goes). You get there by unfolding the menu by clicking your username.

There you'll see two menus, "Account Information" and "Games". If you click on "Games" you'll find a list of all the games you bought and there Anno 2070 finally has a "show key" button.

Hope it'll help someone else..
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by FelixAdan_Pasos Go to original post
    The post I'm replying to is old but I wanted to write this in case it could help someone else browsing for help here or Google.

I also wanted to recover my Anno 2070 CD key as I may buy a new PC soon and I was worried I'd be asked again to activate my game with the CD key.

I don't understand why Anno 2070 is missing a "show key" button where all the other games have it. As with Anno 1404, this one:
    http://i.imgur.com/LUBXZNl.jpg

No button for 2070 (with Deep Ocean):
    http://i.imgur.com/FucGuiU.jpg

But considering Steam, I went to my Ubisoft order history just in case my CD Key was there and it appears empty for some reason lol Not a single game. With Steam I can check the games I purchased in 2008 with all their activaction keys but with uPlay I cannot even check the games I bought in 2014.

But back to the CD KEY issue, there is a place anyway where you can find all your CD Keys including even Anno 2070.

Click "Account Information" ON YOUR UPLAY CLIENT (my account management page doesn't display any game anywhere as far as nowadays goes). You get there by unfolding the menu by clicking your username.

There you'll see two menus, "Account Information" and "Games". If you click in "Games" you'll find a list of all the games you bought and there Anno 2070 finally has a "show key" button.

Hope it'll help someone else..
    I've found out a few things after this message! and i finally made it work (reboot 2070-DO problem) with in my case Uplay.

the 'Show key' for anno2070 doesn't show anything for me...it isn't there. But there is an arrow down for a list. Which...has Anno 2070 DO key in it if you check it.

the way i did it was like this ->

1. Download Anno 2070 and 2070-DO from a site.
    2. Install both on my pc.(in the folder you know uplay is going to be installed aswel (should be in the upper-folder of the installation of anno2070 aka my pc; "D:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Related Designs\Anno 2070")) Don't start the game.
    3. Download and install Uplay in the same folder.
    4. Go in uplay, it should show anno2070 as Playable.
    5. Click the 'key' Icon on Uplay and Input the Anno 2070 And 2070-DO key seperately.
    6. Go To Games in Account Information (Check post above) and Check if you can see the 2070-DO key.
    7. if it is there, Start the game. It should work! Happy Playing

hope this might make it easier.

Uplay seems to have a habbit of losing the DO key somehow if you don't input it. Aspecially after new version.

I just went to try to playi this after freshly downloading it direct from uPlay and hit this stupid error! From my Googling it appears to be a long standing error that STILL hasn't been patched!

WTF Ubi...

Also, the uPlay client doesn't show my key. No drop-down, nothing (the post above this doesn't work). So I have no way of implementing the fix as described by the OP of this thread. ****ing BRILLIANT!

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by nomorediscs Go to original post
    I just went to try to playi this after freshly downloading it direct from uPlay and hit this stupid error! From my Googling it appears to be a long standing error that STILL hasn't been patched!

WTF Ubi...

Also, the uPlay client doesn't show my key. No drop-down, nothing (the post above this doesn't work). So I have no way of implementing the fix as described by the OP of this thread. ****ing BRILLIANT!
    Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Please get in touch with our Support team so they can troubleshoot this with you.

this is being ridiculous at this point

I have to say at this point this is being ****ing ridiculous...after 1 and a half year later with the same issue ubisoft is not able to put out a fix which will work for everyone out there with the same problem letting everyone to fix it by themselves...like what the ****....we paid for this game...and some of us cant even play this after many solutions were used yet game still not working and the same problem apears over and over again...I would be ashamed if this is my company...freshly installed game without playing...offline 2,00 autopatcher not working...like ****ing hell srsly......i am sorry for my vocabulary but i dont remember to pay for this game in shop to not being able to play this game....this is wide range of pleople issue...and there should be reall fix for this... and not some like "try this or that" or "oh write to support they might to help you individually" ...like are you f* kidding me?....

this is uterly absurd

6 years after the release of the game, i'm still having the same issues but in a different device, seriously what do you want us to do? stop playing your games because you are useless in the support side?

Not working - fresh download

Infinite auto-patch failure loop...
    Bravo Ubi - great attitude towards customers.

Just tried this game again, bought it ages ago with the Deep Ocean DLC. Still, sticks in the reboot loop. Have tried everything.

How are they still selling this game?

Solved

This was driving me bonkers, had support chats to no avail - then FINALLY as another user suggested - success!

Unfortunately it is impossible for me to link any files, or provide a proper explanation other than to say.. A full retail CD installation of Deeper oceans as a standalone CD is all it took - seriously! The "offline patch" everyone is downloading is similar but not complete. The actual CD means no other files are required and it WORKS!! Come on UBI all you need to do is supply Deeper Ocean as a standalone install option (on top of the ANNO2070 game) and this would work. That or provide the same contents as the CD in a download instead of that patch! All these messages, all the negative reviews on steam and other gaming sites and all it took was a CD!! Provide this as part of the Download options in UPLAY (not in game) and voila!! simple 10 minute fix for programmers at Ubi/Uplay to implement

i fix it

I fixt it. I type in the deep oceaan dlc again in uplay. and he download the deep oceaan dlc en done.
    the say its has a dlc but uplay see no dlc and don't download it.

1. open uplay
    2. login
    3. activate a Key
    4. Type the deep oceaan dlc Key
    5. uplay downloads the dlc.
    5. Done