XaeroTheHero's Avatar Magnus Opus

Convince me this isn't a cheat!

Take a look at this replay and try convince me it is not a cheat:

game://replay/start?attackId=5625f36b5c98321a0c40450a

Notice how his HP reaches ZERO a total number of TWO times, and he doesn't die. I mean sure, I know how it's done also, but really? The handful few players left think the game is so important they need to cheat?

Well, I do not know. If You do tell me
    I did not noticed it during the attack. I always play at low HP since I am using "Risk taker" stats, and I often die because of it.
    During the attack I had heavy lags and it was one mess because of it. Almost no control over what I was doing.
    But i did not noticed during the attack that HP was 0 3 times! And the third time for a quite long time (at least according to reply).
    I am almost sure there is some desync between real attack and the replies. As You know reply is not a movie but real repetition of all players actions.
    It seems that the game user plays during an attack is slightly different than the game computer plays during the reply.

Anyway it seems weird and not intentional on my side.
    As I said I am ALMOST sure that the HP did not drop completely to 0 during the real attack.

It's not a cheat... it's the bleed mechanic. See these patch notes for reference:

https://www.themightyquest.com/en/bl...-december-10th

It took me a few tries to get the replay to display the Bleed properly... one of the many bugs that resides in the games replay code associated with heal/shield skills - but it's all above board. The times when his HP says zero he has white 'bleed' juice in his visual health points pool.

Here's a pic of the replay functioning as intended showing the Bleed and 0 HP - http://imgur.com/SX095Xi

Only reason to why I react at this is because I have successfully managed to do this hack myself on the previous test server, with permission from Ubisoft. I know it's very simple to do. But, I will take your words for it and I also want to take this opportunity to apologize for false accusation.

No problem. You are a bit to hasty on Your judgements young hobbit

Cheating in this game would not make any sense for me.
    I do not play easy, immortal build of Runaway since there is no joy of winning if You can not loose. For the same reason becoming immortal in any other "technical" way would be pointless as well and would defeat the purpose of playing anyway.

Originally Posted by IMBIGNSCAREY Go to original post
    It's not a cheat... it's the bleed mechanic. See these patch notes for reference:
    Thx WAR. I completely forgot about the problems bleed mechanics had with shielding skills. I did not noticed that it has been fixed in the actual attack mode only and still is not fixed in replays.
    I should have guessed this myself.

Originally Posted by Marwojak- Go to original post
    No problem. You are a bit to hasty on Your judgements young hobbit

Cheating in this game would not make any sense for me.
    I do not play easy, immortal build of Runaway since there is no joy of winning if You can not loose. For the same reason becoming immortal in any other "technical" way would be pointless as well and would defeat the purpose of playing anyway.
    Well, considering how many working hacks I have discovered in MQEL that was never fixed, I guess I easily jump to conclusions. Also, Ubisoft doesn't care about cheaters, so I should probably just go ahead and finally build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now

Originally Posted by XaeroTheHero Go to original post
    Well, considering how many working hacks I have discovered in MQEL that was never fixed, I guess I easily jump to conclusions. Also, Ubisoft doesn't care about cheaters, so I should probably just go ahead and finally build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now
    For the love of all that is holy, do that anyway. Or make a new account specifically to do it. I don't even play the game at all anymore but find myself logging in once a week in hopes that something interesting happened. Nothing ever does lol My defense is unchanged for the last 3 months and I don't even bother watching the replays of the same few attackers. I can't imagine it's even a fun castle for them anymore as they've been there enough to do it with their eyes closed lol

Originally Posted by XaeroTheHero Go to original post
    ... build my 20-room 3000 defense points castle now
    That would be fun and refreshing
    Do it. UBI will not care anyway.

Are you serious, it's really possible ?

Yeah, do it, it would be awesome! I would be the first one (or second ... or third ... or maybe the last .... ) to visit and die in your castle!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►