I think bugs are the quickest killer of any game. It's the main reason I've recently stopped playing a game I loved for more than 16 years. In my opinion killing bugs should always be top priority. Don't build on a cracked foundation.

I totally agree about the acorns. I don't mind paying more upfront for a good game to have extended content, but I don't like the idea of paying more later for additional content. Had I realized acorns would reach a point where they have to be purchased rather than earned, I would have been much more selective with spending them. & to be clear, for me it's not the money, it's the online transactions that I don't like. Had I known it would eventually cost real money for more acorns I would have purchased a bunch of them when I bought the game. No matter how careful you are, or how secure your transactions are, there is always a risk. Also, when you look at all the content that costs acorns or coins and acorns, you would have to spend a lot of cash to get all the things available.
    I understand the business model of selling a game for less and getting the player to spend more for upgrades. It works. It's not for me though, which means I might not ever own some of the bikes and poses and cool extra content.
    I would suggest either lowering the acorn prices for content drastically and or lowering the cost of purchasing more acorns. Also, not everyone can spend a lot of cash for acorns so it might be nice if there were ways to win them or earn more of them as suggested ↑ even if it's at a slow pace.
    More people playing any game is good advertising so...
    Let people keep earning acorns by playing the game and if they want more "right now" they can buy more with cash.

My apologies if that sounded a bit like a rant. It was meant to be constructive but I didn't sleep well last night (that's my excuse for the day and I'm sticking with it)

RidingMower's Avatar Member

Hello gangsters, happy anniversary to all. Thanks to you boss for this family of friends and your spirit that brings us together. Sorry for not being active for much of this. This pandemic and lock down has helped me see that togetherness is more important than being exclusive with my devices. I hope you can feel better and be cured from that back pain. I hope to chat with you and the rest of the gang sometime in the near future or sometime soon. These OTHG anniversary tracks are wonderfully impressive, because of this talented community with love for you oldies they turned out great. My thanks and appreciation to them all.

@OG STR8 BLAZIN - I remember your tracks. You're a fine builder and great Trials player. Hope you stick around here.

Take care everyone

Hi again.

Just got a new iPhone and was wondering if the OTHG has a face book page or that messenger stuff. After having a cheap flip phone for the past dozen years I'm trying to get in the times. What does everyone use?

I wish I could help but my old phone died about 15 years ago and I haven't bought a new one yet.

Hey RidingMower thanks for the shoutout - and I like the smokey and the bandit and Waynes World meme (haha
    Hope you are all doing good!
    Glad some of you still remember some of my crazy tracks (especially since we can no longer access Xbox Evo tracks)
    I wouldn't mind doing a few remakes of some of my more creative tracks i built)
    Make them more legit and better decor since we have all these new editor objects
    These OTHG8 tracks are Friggin awesome great job guys (hopefully have another one up at end of the month)
    Even Stared building my first Skillgame with counters set for scores and such going to be something cool for Trials.
    Im not much for doing parties but anyone looking for some decent tracks or have some to offer or just like watching funny replays feel free to add me on Xbox!
    Cheers Friends

RoyGr1982's Avatar Member
    @RidingMower, thanks for the PS friend invite! Happy Anniversary 2 you 2 buddy and all the other OTHGsters. 🎈🎉🎊🥂
    I don't know if there is a OTHG facebook page but it would be a awesome thing if we have! 😎
    I downloaded the discord app on my phone, there are a lot of trials players in the trials community on discord. Maybe a tip to install on your phone.

@OG STR8 BLAZIN, good to see you posting here in the thread dude, I watch your replays regularly on Xbox, and you are a very good driver. it's hard to keep up with you. 😂
    I watch actualy replays from all great drivers in here 😋

@Boss, i hope you feel better soon buddy, this is not the time to be with pain!

Have a nice day all you OTHGsters. ✌

@MadMotoMan - Wow! I thought I was the last person in the world without a smartphone. With the lockdowns due to the pandemic it just made it worst not being connected to outside world in some way, so I broke down and got one. I got my phone buying it online at the Apple store and they mailed it to me. It's the cheapest model at $399 (iPhone SE 2nd generation) and comes with the most powerful chipset, one that also comes with their most expensive top of line model the Eleven Pro. Once I had my phone went to my local phone company and got a great deal with unlimited talk, unlimited text, and a half gig for $30 a month. The phone company uses Verizon towers. Before I had this smartphone, I had a flip phone that came out shortly after those NOKIA phones were popular; pic..

Was only paying $20 for Three months of service to use it and I was thinking it was such a good deal but man I'm glad now that I got rid of it. Hope you can get something. Next I might have to update my computer as it is using something with a intel Celeron M processor and can't even run youtube videos in 240p.

@OG STR8 BLAZIN - EVOLUTION was Trials swan song in my opinion. Everything has been a departure ever since. Even though all attempts were in making it better.

Hope they can douse the flames and bring us all back together. Shouldn't be too hard because we all want that, just might take modern take of that.... game!
    Loved your stuff in Evo, even remember racing a few custom tracks and going against your ghost at times. Too bad I never bought an X1 this gen, I've got my 360 still, so I can add you to my friends list on that. My Gamer Tag is Riding Mower. One thing that I think sucks is not being able to have over 99 friends on Xbox, going over means removing to make room. Hope that changes next gen. I've got a couple hundred on PlayStation. I want to try to get both platforms next gen, seeing as this gen is pretty much over with. I'm hesitant to just waste anything new purchased on old tech.

@RoyGr1982 - Awesome idea on that Discord! I totally forgot I had that account on it until you said so. So I downloaded it to my phone and I gave Comrade Pete, NovaDarkStorm, Calculusman, and booped a "good to see them" butt slap. Feels good saying hi to gang. Lots of people are on there. So no such thing as a OTHG facebook group? That's fine I guess, probably wouldn't get much attention like how the actual Ubisoft Trials facebook page gets so better off. We always have this forum, YAY!

RoyGr yeah man thanks I should be sticking around more in the forums
    I love watching replays !
    glad this game has that feature I do miss the Slow Motion option though !
    Your a great player as well.
    I don't know what discord is - Fill me in on what it is !
    RidingMower - when the swans on fire🔥 it might get dangerous (haha)
    That was my favorite for a long time now i have a hard time deciding lol (I like them all so much) hopefully we can get this game back in order 😄
    I don't really use my 360 anymore but if I'm on there and remember I'll add.
    MadMotoMan I've only owned a phone with no service just wifi (might get a hot spot this year for camping in my camper that'd be awesome

RoyGr1982's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by OG STR8 BLAZIN Go to original post
    RoyGr yeah man thanks I should be stikking around more in the forums
    I love watching replays !
    glad this game has that feature I do miss the Slow Motion option though !
    Your a great player as well.
    I don't know what discord is - Fill me in on what it is !
    @OG STR8 BLAZIN
    Thanks mate ✌
    Discord is a website and an app for your mobile phone. You can get in touch with communities there. I have one for trials and one for my airbrush art. If you search for trials community, there are more than 1000 members. There you can become a member and specify what you do in trials and in which trials version. For example rising or fusion builder / speedrunner / ninja. There are also a number of players from OTHG and from the French trials community and much more.

@OG STR8 BLAZIN and MadMotoMan, you guys should make your one track thread here on the forums with your track builds 😋
    You fellas are 2 great builders! 😉✌

@RoyGr1982: Thanks buddy. I think you gotta be in that too. There are some really good builders in this group. Maybe an "OTHG show your tracks here" topic would be cool. I'm still learning and have lots of aspect I haven't even tried yet. Just tried the path follower in my last track build. Plus I keep discovering objects in the editor I didn't even know existed yet. They really need to organize that more. I guess it's easier for people who have played the previous versions and know the grouped items by game, but for a noob like me it really feels fragmented and scattered. Even if they keep the current "by game" layout but add sorting by object types or tags it would be really great.

@OG STR8 BLAZIN: I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one who hasn't heard of some of these new fangled communications gizmos. Plus thanks for all the editor tips. I like watching replays too. I learn a lot from them as well. People always seem to find a way to run things I never would have thought of. Found out watching a repay on my golf track that you can grab the ice to stop or slow yourself while sliding. Would have added that as a tip if I'd realized it while building.

@RidingMower: I guess if you were the other guy without a smartphone, and you have one now, does that mean now I'm the last one? Oh wait, my Dad doesn't have one yet either... no... Dang! I just recalled that he did buy one about two years ago but just hasn't figured out how to use it so it sits in a dust covered box on a shelf.

In all seriousness though, it's nice to fit in with some similar people here. Great to be a part of this community that I can relate to.