The Crew: Wild Run - Beta: InsHelper.exe won't download

So I downloaded the beta and started to download the ''plugins'' from Steam. The first 5 went quickly but the 6th one called InsHelper.exe does not download. It has been downloading at least for 15 minutes now and its still not working.

x2

Originally Posted by mcosma Go to original post
    So I downloaded the beta and started to download the ''plugins'' from Steam. The first 5 went quickly but the 6th one called InsHelper.exe does not download. It has been downloading at least for 15 minutes now and its still not working.
    its going for hours at me, steam restart, pc restart, no result.

wtf ubi?

Help

Originally Posted by dorusk Go to original post
    its going for hours at me, steam restart, pc restart, no result.

wtf ubi?
    did you get it fixed or not i had the same problem

Hello, did you see a dialog box that telling you to upgrade your graphic card drive? the sixth on steam installing might is this one checking the drive version of graphic card .

this helpt me

right click on wildrun beta -> properties ->local files -> verify steam cache

This is ridiculous!

I've tried verifying Steam cache, disabling Avast, checkedvideo card drivers. Nothing works.

UbiVolfbane's Avatar Community Manager
    Hi guys, please be sure to discuss Beta topics on the beta forums here. However, please double check that there are no other firewalls or antivirus programs that may be running in the background. There is an ongoing thread here. This has been reported as the team is currently investigating this.

I Have the solution!!!!!!!!!

its funny because this is the second time i write this. (in the first one i closed chrome, lol)

well...

text....text....text

I found the solution for the error number 6

This cant be an oficial fix because the game has some rare problems.

So what the problem is?
    -Cant install InsHelper.exe

Wtf is InsHelper.exe???????????????????????
    -I dont know

BUT!!!!!!!!!!

you dont need it to start the game!

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\The Crew Wild Run - Beta

1-Theres where the beta should be.

2-Then accses to the support folder

3-Search for the InsHelper.exe file and DO NOT DELETE IT!!!!

4-Move it to a folder on desktop so when the beta finish you can delete it

5-You are free to go!

Notes:

*If steam ask you for admin permisions dont click on yes
    *The game needs time to start (remember that is a beta and you deleted a important file) something like a minute.
    *If using windows 10 and didnt work try to run it on w8 compatibility mode (right click/properties/compatibility)
    *You cant close the game by clicking on exit.
    TRY TO:

1-press the windows logo key on the keyboard

2-Win7 right click to the taskbar and open task mananger
    W8 click on desktop and do what i just said
    W10 I dont know but try to open the task mananger

3-End the crew process

You can also make a game closer vb script!!!

Sorry but i lost the file where i had the code...

Hope it works for you!

ALG

#NEVER DRIVE ALONE

The Crew Complete Edition problem

Originally Posted by UbiVolfbane Go to original post
    Hi guys, please be sure to discuss Beta topics on the beta forums here. However, please double check that there are no other firewalls or antivirus programs that may be running in the background. There is an ongoing thread here. This has been reported as the team is currently investigating this.
    Hello. I have exactly the same problem with the Complete Edition of the game. Please help!

Cannot play The Crew season pass as launcher gets stuck on InsHelper.exe installation

Hello, having the same issue with original crew game and cannot play. I've tried reinstalling, verifying game files, clearing cache, and it has been added to my antiviruses exception list and nothing has worked.

Please help, really want to play the game, I already have 72 hours on it but this problem only started now in November.