mattshotcha's Avatar Community Staff

Open Letter to the OTHG on behalf of Trials Games

At this point you all know that there was recently a mishap with the original OTHG thread. We were attempting to take care of a request by Big Bow to get the thread under his control. To do this we were going to split the thread so that the first 5 posts would move to a new thread and the OP on the OTHG thread would be Big Bow’s first post. During the process an error occurred and while nothing seemed to be wrong at the time it’s clear something went terribly wrong behind the scenes. A few hours later not only did the entire thread disappear, but the post count of users was also greatly affected. This was ENTIRELY unintentional and while that doesn’t make matters any better, we want to lay that out right now. The Trials Community Team as a whole genuinely appreciates the OTHG and the dedication you have all shown the Trials Franchise.

We made every effort to recover the thread unfortunately at this time it appears we cannot. We know this is not welcome news, particularly for those of you who have been contributing to the thread for years. The OTHG thread was the most active thread on our forum and one of the main reasons we migrated our old forum instead of just starting a new one when we made the switch to the Ubisoft forums. Losing this thread is a huge blow to our community and we are just as devastated as many of you are. While the possibility of recovering the thread is looking very unlikely we are still hopeful we may be able to get the post counts for users back to something that is at least close to what it was before the accident.

As our day wore on and the outlook for recovery was looking worse and worse we began to discuss what we could do if the thread was indeed gone for good. The forum section you are currently reading is our attempt at setting this unfortunate situation right. More than a sticky or shiny new thread, this section can from here on forward be the hub of all things OTHG. We tried to sample, off of memory, the types of things that OTHG would discuss in the old thread and start some sub forum categories based off of that. We also recruited our marketing artist to create some custom OTHG graphics to give this section its own unique look. The OTHG is truly a one of a kind group and now it has a one of a kind home.

Trials <3’s OTHG

Morfyboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Man, this is awesome.. I truly hope all the rest of the gang will see the advantages of this.. We literally have our own forum, within a forum.. Our own threads, are own topics etc, etc, etc..This is brilliant.. Such a shame about lost posts, and post counts etc. I'm not gunna lie about that. I'm gutted, but let's stay positive.. If it's lost, then it's lost. Nothing can be done about that.. #PMA gang..

Boss, you can start as many new threads as you want to now.. Go get typing dude.. Everything you wanted to sort, you now can.. You can probably get a main thread written up, with rules, members names etc, and get it stickied in our own little part of the Trials Forum..

Thanx from me to @matt, @shifty and the guys that worked on this..

JetArtois's Avatar Senior Member
    I agree with you morfy pal, as I said on twitter. Theres nothing that can be done so we just gotta get on with it and the gang section is awesome.

Much appreciated from me whoever helped get the this section going, nice one.

Chin up gang and keep on Trialin'. X

edit:- Ooooo, my first post, go juniors!!, lol.

ozy's Avatar Senior Member
    wow this is awesome

It's a real shame about the old thread,
    but a brand new furnished clubhouse is amazing

yea I see this (although unfortunate) as a very good thing, I hope everyone else is diggin it

Nice one Ozy.

Morfyboy's Avatar Senior Member
    Maybe if we are all well behaved, we might get a OTHG tag next to our names... (wishful thinking, I know)

Cheers Matt for moving my old Forum thread into the gallery..

Hehe, it'd be nice pal.

Silver linings don't get much better than this folks!
    Great response from the Trials team. Cheers guys!

Right, I'm calling dibs on that recliner near the toilet...

CagBall's Avatar Senior Member
    Great new look to the forum! I'm impressed. I'm gutted about the old posts being deleted as it was nice to have a record of who did what at the beginning, however all's not lost, as they say, we now got a shiny new clubhouse to frolic in!

Thanks to Matt, the Trials team for putting this together. I guess you didn't want a cranky bunch of old codgers on your hands! Haha

CagBall's Avatar Senior Member
    @morph - good idea! I'd love something in game! Let's poke 'em now while they feel sorry for deleting our entire history!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►