Last Glimmer of Hope

I notice that there are a lot of players willing to be part of an open source version of MMDOC or part of a new ccg game.

So i was thinking.. there are 100 games bases on MTG. Hex is very similar to mtg.. So, why not one game based on Duel of Champions?

I don't believe someone can do such a big project alone.. But a lot of people together can make it work.

What is extremely necessary:

Coding
    Art designer
    As many beta testers as possible
    Same chat program for all the users, forum etc

I don't have any coding experience but i can help as a Beta tester

I am sure there are people out there with more knowledge to offer. So.. feel free to type your thoughts if you are willing to help..

My coding skills are old and probably not useful anymore. Beta test I would.

I am also a decent project manager if that is required. Road maps, overarching plans, structural break downs and that sort of things I could probably help with.

I am unsure how much time I could put into this kind of project, but what I have I would offer willingly.

-kHz

Id be willing to take Charge of Game design and balancing. Also i would help with the funding.

The main reason why such projects fail is: Management. I've seen many good projects die just because of mismanagement or "bored" leaders.

A good project manager is the first thing that is required, than coders, art designers and so on.

However, a CCG based on DoC would be very nice thing to have.

Unfortunately, I'm also just another mere Beta tester candidate. But I like this sort of productive response to bad news. Keep it up! I'll be following developments on this.

coloss3070's Avatar Member
    Graphic and web designer here. Potential beta tester as an ex competive TCG player.

That would be so nice. What's really great with DoC is the core gameplay, and this can be copied without fear of lawsuits.

My 2 cents:
    - don't do a team too big when it comes to coding and game design. It's already hard to coordinate this in a professional environment - confusion and ego problems is a big risk factor there
    - someone should take the lead and have the last call on everything (helps with the point above)
    - technically keep it simple, no need for music or animations - just a grid with images, HTML+JS would be good enough. Also using isomorphic JS on client and backend would save time.
    - start from scratch, don't risk copyrights issues with the M&M franchise, their art or names or exact card stats. No need of their buggy code base.

Referencing ygopro might be easy. The cards themselves can be scripted by LuaEditor and all we need is a lobby interface, duel interface and a server that supports online matchmaking.

Composer from music academy, and art designer here

karlHz_ i've read your messege. First of all we have to find a common chat room so we can talk all together at the same time.

I have some ideas for the gameplay. I don't want it to be an exact copy of DoC. I want to be something fresh but based on DoC. We can discuss this.

Also, if anyone can help with coding, it can be really helpfull. I'll wait a few more days if anyone else wants to help, EnlightenedOwl.maybe? and then we'll see.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►