Is there anyway to setup the rotary knob on the X-45 to control the zoom of the map and the mouse cursor to control the movement of the map. Since there is no way to assign keypresses to controlling the map I can't think of a way to do this.....

Is there anyway to setup the rotary knob on the X-45 to control the zoom of the map and the mouse cursor to control the movement of the map. Since there is no way to assign keypresses to controlling the map I can't think of a way to do this.....

Not sure about the mouse button but the rotary can be banded to do what you want. Thats if your using the latest Saitek drivers for it.

Have you checked your Private Topics recently?
    My TrackIR fix, Read the whole thread
    Commanding Officer of the 131st_VFW

I am thinking about buyng this joystick. Does it worth the extra money? (please remember I need to import from USA, so 25 dollars per kilogram and at end multiply cost by 3 dues to the conversion between local money and dollars).. so here it is quite expensive.

Just wanna be sure it is a good quality stuff. I had several Logitech and form other ugly branch jouys and they were all HORIBLE! Now I use a MS Sidewinder 1, so I am pleased a lot. But i doesn have hatch or a third axis, so I am in lack of proper controls.

Sowhat worth more.. this X45 or the Saytek Cyborg ?

If brute force does not solve your problem... you are not using enough!

MY x-45 is 2 years old no problems. I wore out 4 logitechs. Your Micro stick wouls work nicely as a spare or possibly main stick and use 45 throttle and use 45 stick for button bay depends on your hand size. I feel and alot of others that the centering is too sloppy there is a fix but major PIA. Also center spring is too firm some say. It is easy fix. Other than that it is rock solid for me and I put about 10+ hours on it every week on an avarage depends on wheather sometimes alot more.

I cant see in the picture.. but does its joy has a hatch? That is the thing I miss most in my SideWinder.

And I quite not understand how the x45 thortle works.. it's only a button bay.. or that handle can be pushed or twisted like a real thortle?

Anyway.. thanks for attention.

If brute force does not solve your problem... you are not using enough!

Zayets's Avatar Senior Member
    Banding programming with stock Saitek drivers is cr@p.Of course if we are talking about driver from 28/04/03 (the latest one). You can't increment/decrement as you do with Dhauzimmer driver.For banding programming as it should work use DZ driver,if you don't care, split the band in 3 (neutral in middle) and you can have a primitive yet functional zoom capability with the stock drivers.Otherwise,prepare yourself to learn something from wonderful world of Dhauzimmer drivers/utils.

PS:FYI,I use stock drivers since I did a major rehaul on my machine.Soon I will install DZ drivers again.

Zayets out

Toad, you say that adjusting the Center spring of X-45 can be done, how?
    I too find it too firm.
    I considered just cutting the spring, but I find it to go a bit too far. Any other solutions? I was also used to a old MS FF, with the FF cable gone so there was no return to center, but I thought it was just great with a loose stick. The X-45 is a bit too firm.

Tully__'s Avatar Global Moderator
    Yes you can set up the rotary to control zoom, but it wont be "one way to zoom in, the other to zoom out". Because the map zoom cycles in and out on a single mouse key press and the number of clicks from minimum to maximum varies with map size, you're going to have it end up out of synch if you try to make it directional.

As for using the mouse cursor to move the map, again yes, but you'll need to combine it with a "left mouse click" assignment on one of the other buttons.

If you'd like I can work up a couple of simple profiles that demonstrate a couple of options, but none of them will be ideal. Even using Dhauzimmer's you won't get the directional zoom you seem to be aiming for on the rotary.

=================================================

IL2 Forums Moderator
    Forum Terms of Use
    Tully's X-45 profile (SST drivers)

Salut
    Tully

Zayets how much trouble is it to learn the DZ driver. I just got a Nostromo N52 and plan on intergrating it into my rig. So maybey I might just maybe try the DZ.

Here is more on my setup. If you have microsoft office you can view it. http://home.mchsi.com/~131st___vfw/Toads_X-45.doc