View Poll Results: What needs improvement?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Story/Lore

42 76.36%
  • Cover System

13 23.64%
  • Stealth and Combat Options

27 49.09%
  • Black Box Assassinations

9 16.36%
  • More Assassination Contracts

9 16.36%
  • Interesting Side Quests

21 38.18%
  • Larger/More Detailed Open World

10 18.18%
  • Character Customization/Role Playing

15 27.27%
  • Cooperative Play/Competitive Multiplayer

8 14.55%
  • Non-Player Character AI

24 43.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.

What aspect of AC needs most improved?

Stealth? Present Day Story? Parkour and Traversal? Cover System? Textures and Animation? Combat gameplay? Enemy AI? More Options on Black Box Assassinations? More Interesting Side Quests?

It is sad that you didn't put the fact that the running and climbing, moving in general, is way too cinematic and feel too floaty.

BananaBlighter's Avatar Senior Member
    Enemy AI is pretty high up on my list. It's been a problem for a long time but has never been addressed, unlike most on that list.

It's scary how stupid they are, and I think it could improve stealth if guards didn't stop looking for you if they are 100% sure there is a killer about (see a dead body, are aware of you for more tan 3 seconds). After all we've always been able to carry bodies and hide them, but there has never really been a use for it. Guards should also spread the word so more guards would start looking for you, however guards that have not seen evidence with their own eyes are not as convinced and so unlike the original guard/s that saw you, they will go back to their post after some time, unless they do find evidence of a killer.

It would create opportunities as guards who hear about you wold leave their post long enough for you to get past. If enough guards are fully convinced, then if it is a blackbox mission, they will tell the target who will make a run for it, leading to a chase lie AC1. Some guard types are harder to convince that others, some will make sure everyone stays in their posts ("It's what the killer wants, we have to stay guarding,") while others are likely to go looking for you.

Adding something like this would increase the difficulty of stealth, probably making it more exciting too, which is something that I wish was present in Syndicate, even if it is only through difficulty options.

EmptyCrustacean's Avatar Banned
    - Protagonist, Story and present day. This is my main issue. Ubisoft need to stop being so ashamed of their lore. We need an Assassin that is proud to be an Assassin. We need a story that is Assassin/Templar focused (which Syndicate seems to be). We need a present day protagonist that has their own character arc and who actually learns valuable life lessons from his/her in-animus experience. We need a strong present day gameplay that is as detailed, non linear and fun. You know the way Arno had his mini adventures in Versailles before coming to Paris? We need a modern day map that size.

- They've improved combat by making it harder but enemy AI needs to be more like Splinter Cell during stealth. The guards are too dumb.

- They need to have more varied side missions and collectibles. No more copy and paste items that make it seem like a chore.

- They need to have a full game with a female protagonist. Women make up just under half of all gamers. No excuses.

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Story, MD and past. It's been utter crap the past few games.

kosmoscreed's Avatar Member
    I will agree with anyone picking story or/and MD but for me gameplay is always the most important thing in games and in my case I will say stealth and everything related to that, cover system, AI, mission design...., there are games out there doing cool things and they work pretty good, better than AC.

The truth is the game should be better in every aspect, for a game that has been iterated so many times, the lack of ideas and fresh content is plain bad. You play something like MGSV and yes, is a very different game, but gameplay-wise that game is full of awesome ideas when it comes to stealth possibilities.

HDinHB's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by TacoOoMonster Go to original post
    Stealth? Present Day Story? Parkour and Traversal? Cover System? Textures and Animation? Combat gameplay? Enemy AI? More Options on Black Box Assassinations? More Interesting Side Quests?
    Originally Posted by king-hailz Go to original post
    It is sad that you didn't put the fact that the running and climbing, moving in general, is way too cinematic and feel too floaty.
    Yeah, you list options in your OP that you didn't include in the poll. I don't think we need "more" of anything, we need less of some things and better of everything else.

I knew my answer before I even saw the poll.

Modern day story!

SixKeys's Avatar Senior Member
    Story (especially modern day) and NPC AI.
    Unity improved on a lot of aspects IMO, regardless of how most people view it. Blackbox assassinations could be developed further but Unity had a good start. Stealth was good, customization was fantastic, side quests up the wazoo (though I'd prefer quality over quantity) and the world was fine. Combat still needs work, but Unity was a step in the right direction there too IMO.

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    Story, the lore. needs to improve big time. AI can br improved, co op was a good addition. they should focus on improving it

Page 1 of 7 123 ... Last ►►