Originally Posted by wolfing1 Go to original post
    I agree. In all previous Heroes games, I played on Normal and found it challenging enough. In this game, I started in Normal and didn't lose a troop in like the first 2 maps of the campaign (until I decided to restart in Hard). Feels like they should shift all the difficulties to the left ('Easy' is the current Normal, 'Normal' the current Hard, etc).
    From my point of view there is no difference. They all contain bugs - AI wondering around without doing something useful, doen't fight too much or pick resources. If you don't believe me just enable cheats and see the whole map for yourself

rater have a stupid AI then a cheating AI like M&M6.

example casting fireball then instantly retreat??? and doing it again and again and again....

Originally Posted by abishia Go to original post

example casting fireball then instantly retreat??? and doing it again and again and again....
    That's actually smart, I do it it too to whittle down the enemies.

've been ju playing on Heroic. Doesn't make a difference, the AI is stupid as a rock (I have a city with my main hero and his half dead army, the enemy starts running after a lvl loser hero and plundering mines, seriously??

"You see!!! The great evil threat is there and his army is almost dead! Let's finish him and conquer the city!! Oh, but there's his faithful chicken farmer, he's a bit closer... Let's go after him instead!!!"

Originally Posted by abishia Go to original post

Cheating AI means: it sees all map, gets double resources from mines, gets better growth, knows what creatures ally and goes directly there, etc. Casting fireball and retreat that's strategy and it's called hit and run strategy

AI in Heroes 7 - Both main game and the DLC (Trial of Fire):

-Heroes often have a very low army, compared to the time that has passed.
    -Hardly builds anything.
    -Barely uses spells
    -Empty heroes come visit, only to die only if I have 1 fighter in my army
    -Using fire wall on any enemy, will make them run up and down until they die, or the fire wall disappears. Can sometimes also leave the firewall if you're close.
    -Enemy (especially neutral mobs) will often sit and defend / wait for the entire duration of the battle.
    -Once, I defeated 5-6 empty heroes only to see them return 2 days later (no cooldown time on ressurrecting the hero...)

To sum up. Regardless of the difficulty the AI is stupid in every single map. The only hero that actually gave me a hard time through all the main campains in the main game, was one with a very strong chain lightning. I won, but had to build my army up again almost from scratch. You sit for hours to play these giganourmous levels, with like 100-200 neutral armies (that also grows), but AI that doesn't do anything to stop you. I would expect them to take SEALS themselves, and come attack you before I had to do it myself, but they don't.

The game looks great, the story is interesting, but spending so much time on such an easy game, with no way of making it harder seems really dumb.

I've played through all the heroes of might and magic games, including expansion packs and extra games, so I clearly know what I am talking about. The AI in Heroes of Might and Magic 2 is much smarter than the ones in Heroes of Might and Magic 7.