Honestly what collector buying a collectors addition wants a digital download? I paid for expedited shipping for this. Why would they even offer expedited shipping if its digital download. I called the Uplay Shop today to ask for a refund. The support representative said he's already had 5 calls about it today. They gave me the standard run around saying that it could not be returned because it was a digital download. I did not purchase a digital download. It was not listed as such when I preordered it. They tried to tell me I need to call another number and then gave me the exact same number I called (1-888-824-7038). After 40 minutes on the phone they finally transferred me to a 'managers' voicemail. Now I received an email stating:

"Recently you requested personal assistance from Ubisoft Support. We assume your issue has been resolved and have closed your ticket. If you do not need any further assistance with this request, there is no further action needed.

COMMUNICATION HISTORY:

Issue Description:

phone rang once then disconnected

Steps taken by customer prior to call:

Steps taken on phone with agent:

Solution or summary of follow up messaging:

phone rang once then disconnected"

I have no missed calls, they never called. This is unacceptable!!! I will never buy from the Uplay shop again.

Same situation here, they gave me ******** reply as its both digital for CD-Rom and Soundtrack. Heres the conversation from live chat:
    Susana X: ok one moment and see what i can do for you
    Me: I ordered "Might & Magic Heroes VII Collector's Edition" and arrived today
    Me: but two of items from the box is missing
    Me: the "CD-ROM" and the "Original Sound Track"
    Me: and the box seems to be opened
    Me: can I request refund and return the item?
    Me: my order # is 13048520729
    Susana X: ok one moment
    Me: ok
    Susana X: the game is only available as a PC digital download. The soundtrack is also only available as digital content. you will not receive a physical copy of the game and soundtrack.
    Me: Then how do I play the game if I dont have the CD-ROM? and I dont have the "Code" to redeam such game on my account
    Me: From what I see on the youtube "Unbox" video, the Physical Copy of both CD ROM and OST are in the box
    Susana X: you will receive an activation code to activate the game on the uplay client
    Me: If you dont believe me, here's the link for the youtube video "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7Seq-QkzLU"
    Me: and I just checked my Uplay list, no such game exist under my account
    Susana X: you will need to activate the game key to your account for the game to appear. One moment
    Me: Then how do I get this game key if I dont even have it in the box?
    Me: I would like to request refund on this product, I know theres 30 day refund period
    Susana X: give me a moment and see what i can do to help
    Susana X: if you have the uplay client up, please exit out and log back in real quick for me
    Me: Alright, I see the game is in there, but my problem is that many player on your official forum has same situation as me.
    Me: Missing the Physical copies of game and soundtrack
    Susana X: Additionally, the soundtrack will be included in the Install files of the game, located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Might and Magic Heroes VII\Might & Magic Heroes VII OST\MP3​
    Me: while others have gotten the Physical Copies
    Me: I would like to request refund for this product, this is not how it is advertised
    Susana X: the order page lists the game as PC download and the soundtrack as digital
    Susana X: We are unable to supply a refund for a purchase that has been processed successfully. Below is a link if you have any questions about the Uplay Shop's refund policies.

http://shop.ubi.com/store?Action=Con...dCancellations
    Susana X: We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience
    Me: I would just like to request refund, I know for fact other players have gotten the physical copies.
    Susana X: im sorry but we are unable to supply a refund for a purchase that has been processed successfully.

It is only being sold as digital download in US. Have to be in Europe to get hard copy. They did not state that it was a digital download when you preordered. They recently changed it on the website. Nice bait and switch....

Sounds about what I have gotten for a response. My ticket is open still and I have requested to get physical copies of the game and soundtrack. I will wait and see. I have posted the picture from the website when I preordered and it was not digital at that time. If I can not get the 2 missing hard copies I will be pushing for a full refund. This might be the last ubisoft game I get sadly. I have never seen anything like it. I'm not worried about bugs in the game like some as those get fixed. But the fact that the people who purchase a CE know what they want and are willing to spend the extra money to get it. Now Ubisoft decides to change the rules from what looks more like a cover-up on the missing physical items. I really hope they step up and fix the issue, but I have zero faith in that by watching how they are handling this for everyone.

Ubisoft has very bad community management I think. Last time there was an issue with people buying keys from grey market getting their games removed it took them a whole week to release an official announcement.

To sum up, so they advertised the Collector's Edition as a physical products, changed it to digital to avoid refund? I don't even know what to say...

Yes that is what it seems. If I had know i wouldn't have placed the order. Now I'm stuck and just upset.

Not that it's any surprise at this point, but I have the same issue - no CDs as was advertised when I pre-ordered. I submitted a ticket before finding this thread. No response yet.

I've never pre-ordered a game before, but I think this has cured me. I will never buy from Ubisoft again if they do not resolve this acceptably. Covering up the fact that they advertised a hard copy of the soundtrack and game is an embarrassment. Any halfway respectable organization would be bending over backwards to make their customers satisfied - the fact that Ubisoft is currently acting like this behavior is acceptable is shameful.

****ing ridiuculus

I'm glad I am not alone in this! Seriously, why do I pay good money for a pre-order where they just take physical items out!? I can't access Heroes VII at all, it doesn't show up in my Uplay account. WTF Ubisoft? This is no way to keep customers, or create a fan base. F-U-C-K YOU!

You can see the place holder for the game disc and soundtrack, no codes, nothing so I have a collector's edition with nothing to play. Fan-F-u-c-king-tastic!

also they still advertise it on their site with the disk included

http://shop.ubi.com/store/ubina/en_U...pbPage.HEROES7

it says digital soundtrack, but FULL game. B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T!!!

Here is an interesting law that just went into effect in the UK.
    http://tinyurl.com/nv6vthw

In the EU you are normally entitled to cancel your purchase, return the goods and get your money back without having to give a reason. You have minimum 14 days to do this but if you already unpacked the box, then you might not be able depending on the seller, unless it’s faulty. This includes a faulty description from the seller, an advertisement, information on the website or any other information which has come to your knowledge prior to the purchase and which affected your choice.

If you US guys believe ubisoft is wrong, you should contact their support and explain to them that when you preordered the CE from the US store, you did so because the description/picture (link it to them so you can prove it) of the CE specifically said it included the Physical Game and Soundtrack CD.

Originally Posted by NinjaCool Go to original post
    Here is an interesting law that just went into effect in the UK.
    http://tinyurl.com/nv6vthw

I the EU you are normally entitled to cancel your purchase, return the goods and get your money back without having to give a reason. You have minimum 14 days to do this but if you already unpacked the box, then you might not be able depending on the seller, unless it’s faulty. This includes a faulty description from the seller, an advertisement, information on the website or any other information which has come to your knowledge prior to the purchase and which affected your choice.

If you US guys believe ubisoft is wrong, you should contact their support and explain to them that when you preordered the CE from the US store, you did so because the description/picture (link it to them so you can prove it) of the CE specifically said it included the Physical Game and Soundtrack CD.
    I have done this and am still waiting. During my initial email contact I was told it was digital and that it was a stock picture they used, but that is BS. I sent them the picture that I posted here that I'm glad I still had. I didn't send in my initial contact hoping they would do the right thing. Now since I sent it I have not received any response and I am still waiting. The fact they made physical copies for some countries means to me they have product and should be making it right for us US customers.