pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate's performance is like Unity

http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/assass...view-3945.html

Also worth going on youtube, type in AC Syndicate and sort by date. Lots of preview footage.

Frame rate dips with more than 4 guards, looks like its 900p now on PS4. Also read the article above...

Thoughts? Personally would have thought Ubisoft would have learnt from Unity but looks like we are going to have a repeat of last year.

Why worry about silly stuff like technical issues when Ubi can instead focus on the important stuff, such as many many many many collectibles, cool new & iconiic equipment/ abilities and racing.

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    You know, I'm going to be controversial, because I'm not on here much anymore so I might as well be honest.

Unity was totally fine. I never noticed frame rate drops even though they were probably there and I didn't experience any bugs that broke the game for me. In fact, subsequent patches actually made the game worse for me!

Maybe I just got really lucky and got a smoother copy of the game - but I suspect it's becasue I can enjoy a game with a few technical hiccups because I'm not obsessed with numbers and see games as something to have fun with rather than machines to be examined on their technical efficiency.

"But the framerate dropped to 20fps at times!" Did it really? Well I didn't notice, and I don't give a toss because I'm enjoying the actual game (to an extent).

pacmanate's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Shahkulu101 Go to original post
    You know, I'm going to be controversial, because I'm not on here much anymore so I might as well be honest.

Unity was totally fine. I never noticed frame rate drops even though they were probably there and I didn't experience any bugs that broke the game for me. In fact, subsequent patches actually made the game worse for me!

Maybe I just got really lucky and got a smoother copy of the game - but I suspect it's becasue I can enjoy a game with a few technical hiccups because I'm not obsessed with technical numbers.

"But the framerate dropped to 20fps at times!" Did it really? Well I didn't notice, and I don't give a toss because I'm enjoying the actual game (to an extent).
    You just might not be sensitive to frame drops, which is totally fine. Neither am I usually, but running through a Unity crowd was horrible.

20-25fps is not going to be fun, you will notice it in combat when you find it sluggish

Shahkulu101's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by pacmanate Go to original post
    You just might not be sensitive to frame drops, which is totally fine. Neither am I usually, but running through a Unity crowd was horrible.

20-25fps is not going to be fun, you will notice it in combat when you find it sluggish
    Hmmm, running through a crowd was horrible - but I thought that was because of all the fat ladies (and general citizens) getting in your way - perhaps it was also to do with the frame rate, and I did not notice. When it comes to tech stuff in games I'm the last guy to talk to heh heh.

Well there's also many bugs in the game that I've seen like enemies flying away and also glitches with the rope launcher making you fall off sometimes.

EmptyCrustacean's Avatar Banned

Maybe I just got really lucky and got a smoother copy of the game - but I suspect it's becasue I can enjoy a game with a few technical hiccups because I'm not obsessed with numbers and see games as something to have fun with rather than machines to be examined on their technical efficiency.

tbh the technical probs with Unity wasn't quite game breaking for me either. Yes, the constant stuttering and frame rate drops were annoying but the only game breaking bugs I encountered were on the last two co-op missions. I feel like the bugs distracted everyone from what was really wrong with the game and that's the poor, rushed story and dull repetitive game play.

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member

I...I...I...don't know what to say... I tought I was the only one like that... Everyone complaining how there were glitches everywhere, how the frame rates were dropping all the time, and I was just sitting there enjoying my game (enjoying might be a strong word as I did not like the game, but not because of the technical aspects). And I am really sensitive to frame drops, anything below 30 gives me headaches, yet I did not notice many drops except when walking through crowds.
    And that's not only on Unity, I mean every game so far. I was actually thinking about this today earlier, while I see some people complaining that the game runs on 59 fps instead of 60, I'm just there enjoying my game without even looking at how many fps it is running at. I mean, I played Batman Arkham Knight on PC when it first released, so you can have an idea how much I don't care about the FPS stuff.
    I'm not saying we shouldn't complain though, Batman had in fact many issues and I'm glad that the complaining was so big that WB had to retract the game. Means that the users aren't going to take producers ******** excuses anymore. And if any other games releases broken and with problems, the same should happen.

People like Ubicentral said they hardly noticed any frame drops? Quite a few articles said the game runs much smoother then Unity & it wasn't even the final build.

So I'm a bit confused here on whats going on.

Funny thing is i don't even care because i didn't even notice one problem in Unity but anyhoo.

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by harsab Go to original post
    People like Ubicentral said they hardly noticed any frame drops? Quite a few articles said the game runs much smoother then Unity & it wasn't even the final build.
    So I'm a bit confused here on whats going on.
    Funny thing is i don't even care because i didn't even notice one problem in Unity but anyhoo.
    I didn't notice issues with Unity either (I played it 3 months post-launch) except climbing in the windows...
    So it performs similar to Unity? It's the same console, is that a surprise?

Demo'd the game on the Tour (June) felt great.