View Poll Results: How do you feel about this?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • LOVE IT!!!

2 6.06%
  • Couldn't Care Less...

4 12.12%
  • HATE IT!!!

27 81.82%
    As long as the gameplay is good and they have a way of tying it all together, I'm not too worried. Maybe they find that portion of the game alienating to newcomers who are not familiar with the series and thus would have to explain it over and over again.

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    I'll give them the benefit of the doubt untill the game is out. If they make another Unity-style MD and the historical gameplay doesn't impress me, this will be the last AC game that I buy untill we get something really good. It's unfortunate how this series got worse and worse over the time, I never tought I wouldn't buy an AC game on release. I still have my hopes though, Syndicate trailers seemed pretty good, so I might actually get impressed by it.

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    I would hate it if it were true, MD was the biggest mess of unity. And "core" fans made it very clear it is essential. I hope it is still there, And I still have trust in MAC's statement "it is back" let's see what happens

I would definitely like to see more of the MD in Syndicate than we got in Unity. I feel like there's so many loose ends with the MD right now that there needs to be some narrative to pull it all together. I like being let out of the animus every once in a while and seeing what's going on in the real world. And with various items we have going on (Sage(s?), Juno, and a new Templar) from the last three games (not Unity, ACIII, IV and Rogue), it would be neat to pull that all together. I mean an obvious thing again that we could be searching for is a sage or POE but you need to give the player a reason to do so. That's why the Desmond stuff was, I thought, so compelling. You had a reason to want to move through the memories to find the POEs or whatever so that you could take care of business in the MD segments, like finding the key in ACIII. ACIVs MD segments still had some of that and it was nicely tied to the events in the game, Rogue was interesting cause the kinda flipped the script for both the MD character and the in game character (and if you paid attention they setup the MD stuff for Unity). But Unity didn't really do much with the MD stuff, it felt like an afterthought and didn't even tie up any of the loose ends from ACIII, IV or Rogue. At the end of Unity the MD is still essentially the same state. Sure the Assassin's stopped the Templars, (not really, they'd never find him in that catacomb anyway) so at the end you kinda felt like, well, I really didn't help anything.

If Syndicate uses the same method that Unity does, I'll be okay with that, but I need to MD story to have some impact or change or whatever. It needs to move forward, not stagnate.

Originally Posted by king-hailz Go to original post
    'We want the present day setting to be simple and not heavy for the player (...)
    This is a great goal imo. Just want it out of my way !

dxsxhxcx's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by RVSage Go to original post
    I would hate it if it were true, MD was the biggest mess of unity. And "core" fans made it very clear it is essential. I hope it is still there, And I still have trust in MAC's statement "it is back" let's see what happens
    IMO the best you can expect for is the return of AC4 modern days style... I doubt they will return to a third person character and even if they do, it'll probably be AC4 in third person (mute character with no personality of his own)...

RVSage's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by dxsxhxcx Go to original post
    IMO the best you can expect for is the return of AC4 modern days style... I doubt they will return to a third person character and even if they do, it'll probably be AC4 in third person (mute character with no personality of his own)...
    I did like the black flag perspective. You being the modern protagonist, but still you get to interact with assassins, Juno, templars. The modern day part gives the purpose for going back in time. Without which it is pointless. Yes, a third person character would be great, but something black flag would not be bad either

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    Agreed, I enjoyed the ACBF modern day. It was actually pretty in depth for the players looking for that, but went quickly for those only interested in Edward's story.
    Also, Rogue's MD was a great continuation of that story!

I don't know if this mean anything, but Ubisoft Brazil's Youtube Channel made an interview with some brazillian voice actors from Syndicate, and one of the women said that she was voicing Juno...

Well, at least she'll be there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alphacos007's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Iorek_21 Go to original post
    I don't know if this mean anything, but Ubisoft Brazil's Youtube Channel made an interview with some brazillian voice actors from Syndicate, and one of the women said that she was voicing Juno...

Well, at least she'll be there ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Good to know, I hadn't seen that video. Could you provide me with a link? I did not find it.

But yea, as some people said, I actually enjoyed BF4's MD, I just dislike the lack of personality. If we had a voice, it would be 47832478392478329472% better. I don't like beeing "me", we've been us in AC4, Rogue and Unity, and those are clearly not the same person. How can that be? Completely breaks the immersion stuff. I just want to have a character. I don't mind 1st person, even though 3rd person would be better.