AC Unity Crashing Issue

So I finally got around to finishing Black Flag a couple of days ago.
    I ran all the settings on the highest and it looked and ran great!

Now with AC Unity... Every time I try and play it, the game just closes after about 10 minutes of gameplay.

I've tried:
    * Reinstalling (3 times)
    * "Delete the .exe and get Uplay to verify the files" (which just made Uplay crash and I had to wipe and install that again)
    * Lots of graphics settings and found a list of additional settings to add to the ACU.ini
    * Playing in "Offline" mode

My Specs:
    Intel i5 3470
    16GB Ram
    Nvidia GTX 970

Is there anything else I can try before I just give up, delete Uplay and forget about it?
    After the hair pulling over the past few days. I'm fine with just writing off the games I've got on Uplay.

Thanks

Have yout tried turning uplay in game overlay off? Also if u are using Precision X or any similar monitoring program with overlay try to turn it off.

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    I tend to leave ini files alone... as Ozgoroth has pointed out 3rd party software can conflict with Uplay... your system is great I had a 970 and Unity looked amazing even though I prefer setting below max... FXAA and SSAO.

I'm assuming you've run a good antivirus and malwarebytes anti malware.
    I had a few driver problems in the past (I still use Nvidia) one caused artifacts on the screen and discolouration the other affected the card temperature and it ran hot... which made it shut down...
    I would try a different driver and use Wagnards DDU (display driver uninstaller) Nvidia leaves data and overwrites data even on clean installs and it is known to cause problems Wagnards DDU (google it) removes everything... (make sure you download the other driver first before running it .

Hope this works.

Thanks for the quick replies guys!

I've tried all the suggestions and it's still crashing.

The game uses almost all of my CPU (80% when just standing still) and crashes when it can't use anymore.

There's no faults with my hardware as it all works great on other games I play. It's just an issue with playing Unity

Thanks again for your help

Does the game utilize all your CPU cores equally? If not try changing affinity in task manager --> details --> acu.exe --> affinity and disabling and renabling CPU 0 (disable CPU 0 , press ok , go to affinity again and enable CPU 0) .

Originally Posted by Ozgoroth_ Go to original post
    Does the game utilize all your CPU cores equally? If not try changing affinity in task manager --> details --> acu.exe --> affinity and disabling and renabling CPU 0 (disable CPU 0 , press ok , go to affinity again and enable CPU 0) .
    No change after doing that unfortunately.

Thanks

So I had a reply off Ubi$oft

As you have mentioned that you are trying to run the game on Windows 10 which I am sorry to say is not supported for Assassin's Creed: Unity.
    So all previous (and much older) Assassin's Creed games run great on Windows 10 but newer Unity doesn't and their "get out" is to blame it on the OS.

Great customer support Ubi!
     1 people found this helpful

I am playing Unity right now on win 10... It isn't officially supported.. I didn't know that.

Win 10 has given me quite a few headaches... it sets itself up as the primary administrator and randomly blocks things I try to do even though I set myself as an administrator as well... I had problems with port forwarding on 1 game, it blocked my connection

It blocked my downloads and said I do not have permission and it shut down a few times and refused to boot up my system on several occasions ... I've been to the microsoft community and at first they blamed the z170 chipset but that changed to probably Asus boards (do you have an Asus mobo?) ....

I like win 10 and it offers us dx12 so I'm prepared to stay with it through these problems 1 thing is important though....

You must go to System, advance system settings, Hardware, device installation settings and select "never install driver software from windows updates" it will save you a lot of game related problems...

I like Windows 10. It's a hell of a lot better than 7 or 8.1 (in my opinion anyway)
    I turned off lots of "features" when I installed in (including the auto driver install)

This is the first game in years that I've had an issue playing. I'd recently finished playing Black Flag which ran great on my machine.
    I can play most games on their highest settings with pretty good FPS and low CPU usage.

I had wanted to buy Rouge and Syndicate but I don't think I'll risk it now

I would imagine black flag did run great on your system... it's a bit of a beast pc ..

If it runs on mine and starts on yours then it should run... there's something that either conflicts or closes it down... do you have any software that monitors temperatures ? As I mentined before 1 driver let my gpu run hot and I guess the system would shut down any demanding software to protect the gpu from burning out...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last ►►