🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Far Cry 4 Shuts Down Computer

I've recently started playing Far Cry 4 and around 30 minutes after I start my computer shuts down. At first I thought this was a power outage or something but it happened again when I started playing FC4. But here's the thing: it only happens when I play FC4 and only after about 30 minutes of play time. I've played other games, done other things, had no problem like this. I tried looking up this problem but only found a few posts from about a year ago. One of them suggested I delete the FarCry4.dll and then do the Verify Files check in uPlay. This actually works but only once, so I can play as long as I want but when I next load the game I'll run into the same problem and have to go through the same process all over again. I don't get any error messages(I've tried preventing Windows 10 from auto-rebooting, I just get a black screen with stuttering sound and have to force reboot the computer), no blue screen, no crash reports, nothing... Does anyone have any idea what this might be or found a fix? Thanks.

WID992007's Avatar Senior Member
    are you using an Nvidia card ?

if so you may wanna try running the game without any of the Nvidia gameworks settings on

see this thread ..especially the ending pages of it
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...-in-far-cry-4/

UbiBooma's Avatar Community Representative
    Slackwire if what WID992007 suggests doesn't do the trick, it's always good to submit a ticket with ubi.support.com. There are other ways to contact them in my signature below. If you post the ticket # or PM it to me I can nudge the support team to expedite the process. Hope that helps.

I'm using an ATI card, no SLI. I considered it was maybe overheating but I've run other games and haven't seen this problem. I've submitted a ticket #02385942 so hopefully they'll know what's wrong. Thanks.

UbiBooma's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by Slackware Go to original post
    I'm using an ATI card, no SLI. I considered it was maybe overheating but I've run other games and haven't seen this problem. I've submitted a ticket #02385942 so hopefully they'll know what's wrong. Thanks.
    I spoke to support and they said they're on the case so you should get a response soon.

It might be a Power Supply related problem. The first thing to do is to disable "automatic restart on system failure" so you can see the error messages (BSOD).