Myst Masterpiece Edition (through GOG) shows no menu bar, will not save

Hi! I've been looking for an answer to this problem for some time, but couldn't find one anywhere; my apologies if this is covered elsewhere.

I recently purchased and installed Myst: Masterpiece Edition through gog.com. However, when I hover over the screen corner or use the shortcut listed in the manual (pressing ALT), nothing appears. In addition, the manual gives (ALT+S) as a saving shortkey but when I do this nothing appears in the SAVEGAME folder.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be? Could it just have to do with the files I downloaded?

Thank you so much.

Screen is cropped as well

In addition, I'm now noticing that while others report having a black border around their whole screen, I'm only seeing one on the sides. I'm wondering if the top and bottom of the image could be cut off, causing this problem? How would I change that?

Take a look at the GoG support page for Myst Masterpiece Edition. If that doesn't help, contact GoG using the Submit a request page.

Myst in now fully in the hands of Cyan, Ubisoft has sold the licence back to them now,