check installation

Originally Posted by DiskErrante Go to original post
    I tried to play Conviction recently and it won't start at all. So... nope. Not compatible. And SC:Blacklist support for ultrawide is just horrible.

Tried running with Windows 10, version 1511, 10586 (Threshold 2). Both "old" and fresh installs on a proper gaming PC (980 Ti, 16Gb RAM, i5 3570k).

Can we get a fix, please?
    Check your installation and make sure all the additional files are properly installed. I have played SC severally and it work very well on windows 10. I had no single issue with it.

How did you manage to bypass the requirement for Windows 95/98/XP/2000?

I just bought 3 games on the app today, 2 work with no bother at all, Splinter Cell Conviction just will not launch, you see the screen start to flash up then just closes again.

Dont know if you got it working....but I used the fix using the notepad thing that is a listed as a possible fix.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/33220...6694444796086/

Fix for "black screen for 2 seconds when starting up, then quits to desktop":
    1: Make sure to go to the directory provided in step 2 (below this one). IT IS IN YOUR "PROGRAMDATA" FOLDER in C:\ WHICH MIGHT BE HIDDEN. To view hidden files, go to the top tabs of "explorer" and click the "view" tab. In there you can find an option to "view hidden items"

2: Directory is -> C:\ProgramData\Ubisoft\Conviction The file should be named "ConvictionUserPC.ini"

3: Right click the file, Open it in notepad and scroll down to the area which mentions:
    [UserVideoOptions.Your_USER.ACCOUNT_Name]
    VisualQuality=2
    StartupFullscreen=True
    FullscreenViewportX=
    FullscreenViewportY=
    MaxRefreshRate=60
    WindowedViewportX=
    WindowedViewportY=
    UseVSync=False
    UseHDR=True
    MonitorAspect=-1.000000......

4:
    Change your resolution in the section below to the appropriate resolution your computer is using:
    FullscreenViewportX=
    FullscreenViewportY=

5: If it still doesn't work, make sure to CHECK YOUR MONITOR'S REFRESH RATE. THE GAME WILL NOT START UNLESS THE GAME'S REFRESH RATE MATCHES YOUR MONITOR'S
    MaxRefreshRate=

CREDIT GOES TO "KingDaniel0" & "justinpunny" from The Ubisoft forums for the black screen fix!!!

Just check out https://www.pcgamingwiki.com to see how you can get the games running under Win 8 / 10.