The_Lexx's Avatar Member
    We needs some like or Kudos buttons on this forum. @ghmorello - nice!

Originally Posted by BazzTard61 Go to original post
    thanks twoshay, but even if you did, it wouldn't work. You can't play EU region DLC on a USA disc and vice versa. A scam by software companies and distributors.
    Or to be more precise, a scam on Sony's part. Discs and DLC are region free for the most part on Xbox consoles.

Originally Posted by Grumble Volcano Go to original post
    Or to be more precise, a scam on Sony's part. Discs and DLC are region free for the most part on Xbox consoles.
    Actually it's region free on Sony's part. I've only had problems with Ubisoft DLC on the PS4, in that the DLC is locked to the region of the disc you bought. Not saying Ubisoft is the only one, since you tend to make that mistake only once, but I did get burnt on AC: Black Flag.

Originally Posted by Hermitian Go to original post
    Actually it's region free on Sony's part. I've only had problems with Ubisoft DLC on the PS4, in that the DLC is locked to the region of the disc you bought. Not saying Ubisoft is the only one, since you tend to make that mistake only once, but I did get burnt on AC: Black Flag.
    It's not just Ubisoft games, I know many Rock Band fans who have been burnt by SCEE's nonsense during the RB3 era and have to stick with SCEE's delays in RB4. It being the case with many other games too but that example making them wish they went with 360 instead.

Originally Posted by Grumble Volcano Go to original post
    It's not just Ubisoft games, I know many Rock Band fans who have been burnt by SCEE's nonsense during the RB3 era and have to stick with SCEE's delays in RB4. It being the case with many other games too but that example making them wish they went with 360 instead.
    Actually, with Rock Band it was probably R1 and R3 v. R2 and R4, i.e. an Asian R3 disc would work with US PSN DLC (R1) and presumably vice-versa, while presumably R2 (UK/EU) and R4 (Au) would cross-work. This in turn was possibly because R1 and R3 discs were coded for NTSC TVs, while R2/4 discs were PAL. I can only speak to the Asian experience since out here, the Asian PSN was so slow, we all used US PSN accounts, but it was possible to use the local discs (e.g. I bought Beatles on R3, but the DLC from the US PSN worked fine). My impression actually was that it was entirely region-free, but if the Europeans had problems, then maybe it was indeed NTSC v. PAL.

(And before anyone points out that HD TVs are all the same, I know that, but remember this is in the days where SD TVs were still common, and video games were still coded for that lowest common denominator.)

Page 8 of 8 ◄◄  First ... 678