EmptyCrustacean's Avatar Banned

Is nobody going to talk about the fact that Unity has better graphics than Syndicate?

Just the character models, at least. The motion capture and textures of Arno and the like were much better than Syndicate. I wonder if it's because they put so much time into the game play and ironing out bugs this time that they didn't have time to deal with graphics? This reminds me of the AC3 to AC4 downgrade. Whilst AC4 had beautiful landscapes, there's no denying that the facial animations and character models were poor in comparison to ACIII.

I mean look at this beauty:

And then look at this:
     1 people found this helpful

Matknapers18's Avatar Member
    Yeah I noticed this too, the facial hair in that Syndicate trailer looks kinda hilarious.

I think the disappointing graphics haven't been mentioned much by fans, purely because they have been overshadowed by other issues. There is so much to criticise with syndicate, and visuals rank relatively low on the priority scale.You will find fans complaining about the combat or the stealth or the driving or the UI. With so much that could go wrong with this game and so much scepticism, the graphics are kinda insignificant at this point. Why would I complain about visuals when I can't even be certain that the game has a functioning combat system.

Besides, sure they aren't as good as Unity, but they are still pretty damn brilliant

It was an artistic decision. Grainy textures feel more cinematic

I think one of the "hand waves" for the worse graphics in ACS is all of the pollution in London. After this summer where the sky has constantly been full of smoke from a few states over I can believe it. That excuse doesn't really cover facial animations though, but the environment.

Didn't the same thing happen between AC-AC2 and AC3-AC4?

Xstantin's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd prefer it a bit more desaturated but it seems like people prefer the games colorful.
    Darwin's beard is hilarious in that trailer

Yeah – I've noticed this as well - so far. There are times when Syndicate looks brilliant though, so I'm holding off judgment until I play it.

TBH, I'm a bit of a graphics wh0re. For me, beautiful graphics can make me forgive a lot of other faults. Probably one of the reasons I really dug Unity.

They just need to fix draw distance, textures, and maybe character models.

Lighting, particle effects, reflections, weather, and shadows look just as good, if not better, than Unity in my opinion.

But the textures and draw distance issues are REALLY noticeable.

I expected more from this game graphically, especially considering the combination of DX12 release (which can have a 30% performance increase) and a years worth of optimizing Unity tech. Unity runs fine now.

SofaJockey's Avatar Senior Member
    The lesson of Unity is that graphics aren't everything...

EmptyCrustacean's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by SofaJockey Go to original post
    The lesson of Unity is that graphics aren't everything...
    That wasn't the lesson. The lesson was that you shouldn't put out a game if it's not finished just to meet annual release as it will damage the brand - which it most certainly has. One of the things I've noticed since becoming a serious gamer is that a dev company is only as good as their last instalment. You can put out several fantastic games but if the next one is bad you'll see sales for the follow-up drop - despite years of brand loyalty.

Originally Posted by KEVT2011 Go to original post
    I'd prefer it a bit more desaturated but it seems like people prefer the games colorful.
    Darwin's beard is hilarious in that trailer
    Looks like paper lol

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►