Would love Husker Du and requested Don't Want to Know If you are Lonely, but I think there's about the same chance for black flag or suicidal tendencies - lol.

Looking forward to the 60's clue, alt rock could be anything I don't even know what classifies as alt rock.

I'm from Nebraska and I say PLEEEEEEASE no 311! Waste of a week!

I'm selfish, my guess has to be more Black Keys, The Monkees, and death metal of some sort. Hard to find a band that qualifies for alternative rock that I don't know from coffee shops in the 90s, hard to miss with any band in the 60s popular enough to include as DLC, and I'm always ready to make fun of a failed "something new" even though there are plenty of awesome things that Rocksmith hasn't gone anywhere near yet. This months looks to be on par with the 75% purchase rate of the summer...

Something New sounds like it'll be a genre that hasn't appeared in Rocksmith before so I'm going to guess either Reggae in the form of Bob Marley or Electronic in the form of Daft Punk. A trip back to the 60's sounds like CCR as we have 2 songs by them but there's so much more to choose from. For alt-rock from America's heartland I'm going to guess more of The Black Keys. We haven't seen any of their music in Rocksmith since November 2012 so I think it's time for them to return.

thequickmind's Avatar Senior Member
    When I first read "alt rock from America's Heartland" I thought of Wilco.

The 60's clue has got to be the Beatles right?

RollingStone222's Avatar Senior Member
    Heartland Alt Rock: Cage the Elephant, Soul Asylum, OK Go, Puddle of Mudd, The All-American Rejects

1960s: The Band, CCR or Bryan Adams - Summer of '69

Maybe "something truly new" is from a new album release. Some artists with new Septemeber releases: Gary Clark Jr, The Dead Weather, 5FDP, Silversun Pickups, The Dear Hunter (discussed during last week's stream).

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Gerkeey Go to original post
    The 60's clue has got to be the Beatles right?
    Why? The 'trip' bit of the clue appears to fit the Grateful Dead better. I'd be happy with CCR though.

sings_in_tune's Avatar Moderator
    Southern Ontario, ...................... Canada
    Yes - hoping for The Grateful Dead. What could be more trippy?

Originally Posted by Danny-Ramone Go to original post
    Why? The 'trip' bit of the clue appears to fit the Grateful Dead better. I'd be happy with CCR though.
    Mate it was just a joke, I hope it is the grateful dead but I doubt it. Remember this is rocksmith where Ubisoft struggle to get the big names. My guess would be 13th floor elevators, they are considered the pioneers of psychedelic rock after all.