I would like to be proven wrong but I consider the grateful dead to be in the same league as the Beatles, led zeppelin, black Sabbath, ac dc, metallica, zz top, cream, pink floyd, guns n roses, U2, the eagles and van Halen. I could keep naming bands but I hope you get the point.

Sure rocksmith have some big names I never said the didn't I just said they struggle to get them.

Originally Posted by Stang616 Go to original post
    I'm sorry, what? There are plenty of big names in Rocksmith: Queen, The Who, The Rolling Stones, Skynyrd, Boston. The list goes on. Just because your favorite big name band isn't in the game does not mean that Ubisoft hasn't tried. Licensing is the biggest hurdle they face when it comes to games like this, if a band does not want to get on board, then guess what, Ubisoft is stuck.
    Learn to read I said Ubisoft struggle to get the big names, I never said there aren't any big name bands in the game. Your last sentence is exactly why I don't think it will be the greatful dead, I would love to be proven wrong.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Gerkeey Go to original post
    I would like to be proven wrong but I consider the grateful dead to be in the same league as the Beatles, led zeppelin, black Sabbath, ac dc, metallica, zz top, cream, pink floyd, guns n roses, U2, the eagles and van Halen. I could keep naming bands but I hope you get the point.
    Please give this a look, as it explains some of the reasons the bands you list are not yet in Rocksmith's DLC library. .

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Please give this a look, as it explains some of the reasons the bands you list are not yet in Rocksmith's DLC library. .

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Dan I understand why they are not in the game, I don't want you to think I'm attacking you and your team I think you guys do a great job and the dlc is mostly very good.

It's just when a clue reads a "trip back to the 1960's" and people jump to the conclusion it is the grateful dead, I have my doubts because they don't licence there music very often.

Stang616's Avatar Member
    Learn to read I said Ubisoft struggle to get the big names, I never said there aren't any big name bands in the game. Your last sentence is exactly why I don't think it will be the greatful dead, I would love to be proven wrong.
    I can read and evidently, based on the responses, I am not the only one who misconstrued what you said. Personal insults are not necessary.

Stang616's Avatar Member
    Dan I understand why they are not in the game, I don't want you to think I'm attacking you and your team I think you guys do a great job and the dlc is mostly very good.

It's just when a clue reads a "trip back to the 1960's" and people jump to the conclusion it is the grateful dead, I have my doubts because they don't licence there music very often.
    Jumping to conclusions happens a lot in these and the clue threads.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member

Sure rocksmith have some big names I never said the didn't I just said they struggle to get them.
    The Grateful Dead have 18 songs in Rock Band and 1 song on BandFuse. Rocksmith can totally license The Grateful Dead if they have the chance.

My guess for the something new would be Jazz debuting in RS with a George Benson pack. Then I'd guess as none of the others are singles then the trip back to the 60's could be a Psychedelic Rock pack. Which would be groovy, man.

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    The Grateful Dead have 18 songs in Rock Band and 1 song on BandFuse. Rocksmith can totally license The Grateful Dead if they have the chance.
    19 songs in Rock Band actually, I assume you forgot about Alabama Getaway on the RB2 disc which did export.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234