Locopells's Avatar Moderator

AC Movie Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

UPDATE 18th October 2016

UPDATE 14th June 2016

UPDATE 12th May 2016

Michael Fassbender will play Callum Lynch.

Fassbender's character was created specifically for the film version. The movie isn't retelling any of the existing Creed games, but rather introducing new characters into the same world.

Lynch discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society through unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. After gaining incredible knowledge and skills he's poised to take on the oppressive Knights Templar in the present day.

Also starring Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises), Michael Kenneth Williams (12 Years a Slave), and Ariane Labed (Before Midnight), cameras start rolling for Creed on Monday. Filming is set to happen in Malta, London, and Spain.

Carlos Bardem has confirmed on his Twitter Account that he will be joining the cast of the Assassin's Creed Movie.

Denis Menochet has joined the cast of the Assassin's Creed Movie.

According to Trama Films, Hovik Keuchkerian will star in the Assassin's Creed Movie!

First look on AC movie's Fassbender costume

Link.

Posting the picture from the article here directly:

D.I.D.'s Avatar Senior Member
    "Hidden" blades.

Hans684's Avatar Senior Member
    "Meet Michael Fassbender as Callum Lynch in Assassin’s Creed.

Before hardcore Creed gamers start scratching their heads (and filling up the comments) about how exactly Callum Lynch fits into the game world, we can tell you that Fassbender’s character was created specifically for the film version. (The movie isn’t retelling any of the existing Creed games, but rather introducing new characters into the same world.)

Lynch discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society through unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. After gaining incredible knowledge and skills he’s poised to take on the oppressive Knights Templar in the present day.

Also starring Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises), Michael Kenneth Williams (12 Years a Slave), and Ariane Labed (Before Midnight), cameras start rolling for Creed on Monday. Filming is set to happen in Malta, London, and Spain."

Looks good so far, I'm more hyped for this than Syndicate already.

Matknapers18's Avatar Member
    Im not complaining, looks freakin awesome. Seeing Assassin's Creed come to life is so exciting, I can't wait for this movie.

Just seeing this costume beats anything syndicate related so far

joelsantos24's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, I'm stoked to know it's finally starting production, but those robes...

Kaschra's Avatar AC Expert
    So this confirms that the movie is not just retelling the story of one of the games, but a new story instead.
    **** YEAH
    That's exactly what I hoped for!

bitebug2003's Avatar Global Moderator
    Merged the threads.

Matknapers18's Avatar Member
    Woah loads of new info here.

Spoiler:  Show

I’ve learned hat Michael Fassbender will play two roles in the film. In the present-day sections he will be Michael Lynch, a death row inmate who becomes pawn in the Assassins-Templars war; while in the segments set in the past, he will be Aguilar de Agarorobo, an assassin during the Spanish Inquisition. Both this time period and location are so far unexplored by the main games in the series.

In the present day scenes, Michael will be subject to tests by researcher called Joseph who is a bit of a baddie. Michael won’t be totally on his own, though, as he’ll be helped by a female Assassin named Lara. And it seems likely that whoever gets cast in that role will also show up in the past sections as another character, presumably one of Lara’s ancestors.

There’s one idea that’s similar to Assassin’s Creed 2, where protagonist Ezio Auditore’s father was an important member of the assassin’s creed. This time, Aguilar’s father will be an assassin chief.

Speaking of Assassin’s Creed 2, the chief bad guy in the movie going to be Tomas de Torquemada. Interestingly this isn’t the first time this historical figure has turned up in the Assassin’s Creed franchise having appeared in an offshoot, the iOS and Nintendo DS spin-off Assassin’s Creed 2: Discovery. In that game, de Torquemada was working under Rodrigo Borgia, the main antagonist of Assassin’s Creed 2. Whether the movie will take this lesser known game as canon is currently unclear from the information at hand.

The boss bad guy in the present day will be Alan Rikkan, CEO of Abstergo, the corporate front for the evil Templars. At the moment, the plan is for him to appear in voice over only, which is not unlike the games where Rikkan has so been a fairly ambiguous force.

SOURCE: http://www.filmdivider.com/4637/ever...sassins-creed/

Aphex_Tim's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Hans684 Go to original post
    "Meet Michael Fassbender as Callum Lynch in Assassin’s Creed.

Before hardcore Creed gamers start scratching their heads (and filling up the comments) about how exactly Callum Lynch fits into the game world, we can tell you that Fassbender’s character was created specifically for the film version. (The movie isn’t retelling any of the existing Creed games, but rather introducing new characters into the same world.)

Lynch discovers he is a descendant of the secret Assassins society through unlocked genetic memories that allow him to relive the adventures of his ancestor, Aguilar, in 15th Century Spain. After gaining incredible knowledge and skills he’s poised to take on the oppressive Knights Templar in the present day.

Also starring Marion Cotillard (The Dark Knight Rises), Michael Kenneth Williams (12 Years a Slave), and Ariane Labed (Before Midnight), cameras start rolling for Creed on Monday. Filming is set to happen in Malta, London, and Spain."

Looks good so far, I'm more hyped for this than Syndicate already.
    Originally Posted by Kaschra Go to original post
    So this confirms that the movie is not just retelling the story of one of the games, but a new story instead.
    **** YEAH
    That's exactly what I hoped for!
    Exactly what I was hoping for as well! Faith in the franchise partially restored...
    Though I'm keeping my fingers crossed; movies based on video games usually aren't exactly the best.... (Prince of Persia movie was very much okay though)