BB_Momi's Avatar Community Manager Ubisoft

[News] New Version Incoming

Hello Champions.

Many of you have raised questions about what is happening, when it is happening and many questions more. To enlighten you to some of our steps we are currently preparing we would like to share some further updates.

Most importantly, we can confirm for certain there is a new version coming!

With this version we will need to remove the Might & Magic Duel of Champions app on iPad as the game does not have 64bit support for apple devices. You can still be able to play with your account on PC but this does mean it will be a PC only title. A detailed overview of our time table for the closing of the iPad Version can be found in this forum thread.

The version will include the highly anticipated Draft mode, as well as other much requested additions and fixes. You can see below a list of what will be included with the new version:
    • Draft Mode
    • Spectator mode fix
    • Reworked animations
    • 12 additional Card backs
    • Other bug fixes (Complete changelog will follow)

Right now we cannot confirm the release date for the new version, as soon as it is ready to be put on the live server we will announce the dates.

Your Duel of Champions Team

Dagnir_Smauga's Avatar Infernal Pit Lord
    Seven things:
    - remove BS2 vesion cards from the Infernal Pit,
    - more promotion, for example this,
    - legacy cards for gold,
    - premium pack back,
    - ranking reset,
    - option to turn off animations (you can reworked them or what do you want, if someone like them it is OK for me, but I do not want them when I play),
    - option to turn off this:

Originally Posted by BB_Momi Go to original post
    • Spectator mode fix

Finally.

Originally Posted by BB_Momi Go to original post
    • 12 additional Card backs

What about alternate arts in shop? W have 41 alternate arts in game. For example we chose what alternate art we want (not random) and for 200 seals we bought them with newest expansion pack. Something like this and this, only not random.

You should also consider adding more background(I mean those ones during the duel).

Licker34's Avatar Senior Member
    Thanks for the information.

I hope the follow ups come quickly

Oh, and please please please tell us there is going to be some advertising on steam, or other PC centric platforms.

Finally some good news.

DoC was kinda dragged down by its iPad version, be it with programming or updating, and even though I had a good amount of in-game friends playing on iPad, considering the resources BB has, dropping the iPad market is a right call. (actually, any call is a right call at this moment)

Hopefully, better days are ahead of us

Originally Posted by Dagnir_Smauga Go to original post
    Seven things:
    - remove BS2 vesion cards from the Infernal Pit,
    - more promotion, for example this,
    - legacy cards for gold,
    - premium pack back,
    - ranking reset,
    - option to turn off animations (you can reworked them or what do you want, if someone like them it is OK for me, but I do not want them when I play),
    - option to turn off this:

That's right.

:)

Really good news for us who have been waiting for some reply. It took some time though hahaha

Anyways i hope you come up with something good for the game we all enjoy to keep evolving

I want to suggest for you to have like really badass alternative arts(for heroes and uniques maybe) that can be bought with seals only and maybe of 'em can be available just for those who bought in pre-purchase for exemple... These are some other ideas i have to share with you but its not comming to my mind atm and i'll keep in touch w/ community 'till update gets to us. It was really nice to see something is comming

Wish you all the best

If this doesnt release this month or early next month it's all in vain after such a long wait.
    Seeing how we got this little changes which were promised for before(draft) and could of been done as a patch or something.(various fixes)

Great News, FINALLY!!!!

Hope this time you guys paid more attention to comunity's feedback and tried to solve the most annoying problems (a little late tough). For now, I believe that besides fixing game bugs and errors, it would be important to work on the cards also. Something like improving cards that none uses in STD instead of just creating new ones would be a great starting point...
    You also should be concerned about the ranked system problems. None else grinds nowadays cause it's now worth it... No reward for ranking up and no ladder reset (1 for expansion is pretty much the same as nothing) is really disappointing nowadays.
    You guys better make a REALLY, REALLY GOOD DRAFT MODE. This new game mode is one of the reasons why other Card Games have so much public. Draft is almost limitless fun (cause you can play something different almost every time) and may attract some new players and make the old ones come back.
    And please, add an option to turn animations ON or OFF. I know so many cases of people that simply gave up on DoC because of the ****ty animations (that BTW, were simply copied from the chinese server).

At last, thx for the announcement and for bringing some (good?) News for us. Wish you all the best and hope for a well done Job !

I call April Fools

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... Last ►►