🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Assassin's Creed forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    Originally Posted by Locopells Go to original post
    That one doesn't quite make sense, seeing as Havama, Nassau, Kingston as all part of the bigger sailing map...
    Believe me the cities must be much smaller than this... see the other images in the first post of the thread. You will see that Carribean Sea map is 233.000.000 m2 while for example The Frontier is only a size of 1.700.000m2. But please note that I measured them with the game measure system and I am not 100% sure that 1m in Assassin's creed 2 is not 1,4 or 1,6 in Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag.

Originally Posted by Senningiri_GR Go to original post
    Well I am planing to expand this thread with map comparisons with real life maps of the historical era and maps in the games and how much they are alike. But if you want me to make this type of comparison. Here is an Assassin's Creed example, but not so correct:
    I will try it.
    Wheres Paris?

Originally Posted by Jessigirl2013 Go to original post
    Wheres Paris?
    Look.. firstly I have not created this map. I said that some one else has done this. Obviously he did it before Assassin's Creed Unity and Assassin's Creed Rogue. I took it from a Reddit forum here:https://www.reddit.com/r/assassinscr...p_comparisons/
    I had found this before making this thread as I was interested of the sizes, but I considered it wrong and did all the work myself.

Believe me the cities must be much smaller than this... see the other images in the first post of the thread. You will see that Carribean Sea map is 233.000.000 m2 while for example The Frontier is only a size of 1.700.000m2. But please note that I measured them with the game measure system and I am not 100% sure that 1m in Assassin's creed 2 is not 1,4 or 1,6 in Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag.
    They're undoubtedly different as AC3/AC4 scale is mostly 1:3 which is more exact than AC1-ACR (I don't remember their scale exactly), so 1m wouldn't be the same, but I don't think we've got to worry about that much

Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    They're undoubtedly different as AC3/AC4 scale is mostly 1:3 which is more exact than AC1-ACR (I don't remember their scale exactly), so 1m wouldn't be the same, but I don't think we've got to worry about that much
    I am right now doing this on a piece of paper to see how it will be. River Valley is so small, I would sa the 10% of Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag Map. North Atlantic is about the 1/4.

Here is the first picture:

The maps are:
    1) The Caribbean Sea, from Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
    2) The North Atlantic Sea, from Assassin's Creed Rogue
    3)The River Valley, from Assassin's Creed Rogue
    4) Paris, from Assassin's Creed Unity

I will make a second one for smaller scales maps.

ze_topazio's Avatar Senior Member
    Paris is so small.

Well it is only 2,4 km2... For the second map do you want the pothential size of London???

BananaBlighter's Avatar Senior Member
    Here is the first picture:

The maps are:
    1) The Caribbean Sea, from Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag
    2) The North Atlantic Sea, from Assassin's Creed Rogue
    3)The River Valley, from Assassin's Creed Rogue\
    4) Paris, from Assassin's Creed Unity

I will make a second one for smaller scales maps.
    Wow I didn't even notice Paris at first. Are you sure you did the calculations correctly, because it looks the size of Nassau on the Black Flag map, and obviously it is a lot larger.

Originally Posted by Ori-Troller Go to original post
    Wow I didn't even notice Paris at first. Are you sure you did the calculations correctly, because it looks the size of Nassau on the Black Flag map, and obviously it is a lot larger.
    Yes it is right. The cities in the Caribbean Sea map look about four times larger... That is why, when you are in the game the map changes and it is not just fixing the quality, like Google Maps. Now if you mean Nassau, it is far far smaller in the city map that the bigger one. I also think that the metric system changes in the cities too making them look smaller after measuring.